Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread 12:55 - Jan 24 with 2628 viewsDubtractor

I was reading the other day about Brian Wilson's unreleased 'Sweet Insanity' album, which included this rap number sampling various beach boys classics.

To call it an abomination is probably too kind.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Laughing Gnome.... on 12:59 - Jan 24 with 2025 viewsBloots

....Bowie.

Although I've actually grown to like it over the years.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:06 - Jan 24 with 1989 viewsWeWereZombies

I was going to post this on a different Brian Wilson tack earlier:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-60092069

But for the man who gave us 'God Only Know', 'Good Vibrations' and 'Heroes and Villains' to choose 'California Girls' as his favourite! The follow on clip is about the negative effect LSD had on him...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 1985 viewsmonytowbray

When two giants collide and the sum of their parts aren't compatible.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 1968 viewschicoazul

Third Oasis album.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:13 - Jan 24 with 1952 viewsfooters

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:08 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

When two giants collide and the sum of their parts aren't compatible.

All but the first four Metallica albums are varying degrees of cack but St Anger really pissed me off. It was just actively bad and was the peak of their megalomania. And replacing your drums with biscuit tins is never a good idea, Lars.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:20 - Jan 24 with 1925 viewsmonytowbray

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:13 - Jan 24 by footers

All but the first four Metallica albums are varying degrees of cack but St Anger really pissed me off. It was just actively bad and was the peak of their megalomania. And replacing your drums with biscuit tins is never a good idea, Lars.

Metallica are overrated and reached their "live long enough to become the villain" phase very early on in their career.

St Anger is hilarious, but the first two songs do slap.

Metallica for me is a best of playlist, mostly stemming from pre-Black album stuff.

TWTD never forgets…

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:23 - Jan 24 with 1891 viewsDubtractor

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:11 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Third Oasis album.

I said brilliant artists mate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

[Redacted] on 13:25 - Jan 24 with 1866 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:25 - Jan 24 with 1877 viewsDubtractor

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:13 - Jan 24 by footers

Black album was my entry point and I still like it, supremely overproduced soft rock though it may be in places.

Everything before that is great, everything after is pretty ropey. A friend at the time suggested that Reload should have been called Another Load.

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:28 - Jan 24 with 1861 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul McCartney - Frog Chorus, Mull of Kintyre & countless others.
Stevie Wonder - The Secret Life of Plants
David Bowie - Tonight
Elton John - A Single Man
The Who - Its Hard
Led Zeppelin - Presence

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:31 - Jan 24 with 1848 viewsIllinoisblue

Second Coming Stone Roses. Although that was more disappointing than actually bad.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:37 - Jan 24 with 1835 viewsmonytowbray

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:25 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

Black album was my entry point and I still like it, supremely overproduced soft rock though it may be in places.

Everything before that is great, everything after is pretty ropey. A friend at the time suggested that Reload should have been called Another Load.

Metallica is arguably 3-4 different bands/projects under one brand if you look at the back catalogue collectively.

Death Magnetic was cracking and a welcome surprise. The newest one (forgot the name) sounds like an average band trying to be old Metallica.

Black Album is good but it's not a Thrash record. It's let down by Sad But True, and Nothing Else Matters (first is slow and dull, second is a ballad and NO*). Don't Tread on Me is a fist pumper though.

*Although The Day That Never Comes on Death Magnetic gets the thumbs up as a Metallica ballad from me as it has the 3 minute Thrash instrumental outro I love old Metallica for.

I think for me it's just them as people that puts me off. They are the least "Metal" people imaginable, extremely toxic personalities and Lars is, well, Lars.

I watched Some Kind of Monster the other day again for a laugh, and it reminded me why I die inside slightly every time I stick them on. I want to hate them but they do honestly have moments that are incredible and integral to the history of heavier alternative music.

TWTD never forgets…

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:49 - Jan 24 with 1796 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Carpenters - Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Cr@p

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:58 - Jan 24 with 1780 viewsDubtractor

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:37 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

Metallica is arguably 3-4 different bands/projects under one brand if you look at the back catalogue collectively.

Death Magnetic was cracking and a welcome surprise. The newest one (forgot the name) sounds like an average band trying to be old Metallica.

Black Album is good but it's not a Thrash record. It's let down by Sad But True, and Nothing Else Matters (first is slow and dull, second is a ballad and NO*). Don't Tread on Me is a fist pumper though.

*Although The Day That Never Comes on Death Magnetic gets the thumbs up as a Metallica ballad from me as it has the 3 minute Thrash instrumental outro I love old Metallica for.

I think for me it's just them as people that puts me off. They are the least "Metal" people imaginable, extremely toxic personalities and Lars is, well, Lars.

I watched Some Kind of Monster the other day again for a laugh, and it reminded me why I die inside slightly every time I stick them on. I want to hate them but they do honestly have moments that are incredible and integral to the history of heavier alternative music.

I only watched some kind of monster for the first time fairly recently. Lars and hetfield really are prize weapons aren't they? More so than I'd already assumed.

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:01 - Jan 24 with 1768 viewsgtsb1966

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:31 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Second Coming Stone Roses. Although that was more disappointing than actually bad.

Have to disagree on that one. I thought it was a great album.
Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 1739 viewsfooters

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:58 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

I only watched some kind of monster for the first time fairly recently. Lars and hetfield really are prize weapons aren't they? More so than I'd already assumed.

It was absolutely pathetic from both of them. Why you'd watch that back and think 'yeah, this shows us in a really good light' is baffling. Should never have seen the light of day.

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 1739 viewsIP4_Blue

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:11 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Third Oasis album.

Definitely Maybe is brilliant and still sounds brilliant, anything after is poor imo
Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:16 - Jan 24 with 1729 viewsIP4_Blue

Radiohead Hail to the Thief and The King of Limbs
Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 1706 viewsmonytowbray

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:14 - Jan 24 by footers

It was absolutely pathetic from both of them. Why you'd watch that back and think 'yeah, this shows us in a really good light' is baffling. Should never have seen the light of day.

Kirk comes off alright. He wanted an easy life and to enjoy the process. He was right in hindsight too, solos missing was a mistake.

TWTD never forgets…

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:21 - Jan 24 with 1700 viewsIP4_Blue

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:01 - Jan 24 by gtsb1966

Have to disagree on that one. I thought it was a great album.

Couple of good tracks on second coming, love Ten Storey Love Song, but so hard to top first album, like Oasis how do you top Definitely Maybe
Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:22 - Jan 24 with 1696 viewsMattinLondon

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:23 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

I said brilliant artists mate.

To be fair you set the bar quite low by originally including Brian Wilson.
Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:23 - Jan 24 with 1695 viewsfooters

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:20 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

Kirk comes off alright. He wanted an easy life and to enjoy the process. He was right in hindsight too, solos missing was a mistake.

He's just keeping schtum knowing full well he's done Mustaine up like a kipper...

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:29 - Jan 24 with 1681 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:39 - Jan 24 with 1651 viewsRadlett_blue

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 13:49 - Jan 24 by BasingstokeBlue

Carpenters - Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Cr@p

Yes, but does that song really differ from the rest of The Carpenters' hotel foyer schmaltz?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 15:00 - Jan 24 with 1613 viewsmonytowbray

Bad Music by Brilliant Artists thread on 14:23 - Jan 24 by footers

He's just keeping schtum knowing full well he's done Mustaine up like a kipper...

God imagine that doc if Mustaine was still in the band. Jesus.

I love the part where Lars is like having an ego meltdown about his place in the world after the Echobrain gig. Pure jealousy leaking like any abusive type when the control slips over their victim.

On that note, they did also bully Newstead horribly. Oh and Hetfield hunts.

God I hate Metallica.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024