Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford sack manager 17:17 - Jan 24 with 1916 viewsPinewoodblue

Lose to Norwich suppose you deserve to be.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Watford sack manager on 17:21 - Jan 24 with 1878 viewsgalacticoblue

A lesson for all managers about to play their teams against Norwich
Watford sack manager on 17:23 - Jan 24 with 1866 viewsgiant_stow

haha, we're the manager sackers! grr!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Watford sack manager on 17:28 - Jan 24 with 1807 viewsChurchman

Claudio had been in the job three months. They don’t muck about at Watford.
Watford sack manager on 19:34 - Jan 24 with 1640 viewsallezlesbleus

Watford sack manager on 17:23 - Jan 24 by giant_stow

haha, we're the manager sackers! grr!

Another one for the participant's honours board?

"Most opposing managers sacked immediately after playing Norwich in one season".
Watford sack manager on 19:37 - Jan 24 with 1630 viewspointofblue

I think "Watford sack manager" is a reoccuring theme every twelve weeks, isn't it?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watford sack manager on 19:39 - Jan 24 with 1625 viewsNthQldITFC

Watford sack manager on 19:34 - Jan 24 by allezlesbleus

Another one for the participant's honours board?

"Most opposing managers sacked immediately after playing Norwich in one season".

Excellent.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Watford sack manager on 19:41 - Jan 24 with 1611 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Watford sack manager on 17:28 - Jan 24 by Churchman

Claudio had been in the job three months. They don’t muck about at Watford.

Saw his sacking coming weeks ago.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Watford sack manager on 20:12 - Jan 24 with 1543 viewsTractorCam

Watford sack manager on 19:41 - Jan 24 by StochesStotasBlewe

Saw his sacking coming weeks ago.

Their sacking of Munoz was bizarre, they had this coming really.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford sack manager on 20:19 - Jan 24 with 1526 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

By the year 2028, scientists estimate you'll never be more than 5miles from an ex Watford manager
Watford sack manager on 22:59 - Jan 24 with 1367 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Looks like they are going to appoint Hodgeson

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Watford sack manager on 23:06 - Jan 24 with 1356 viewsOldsmoker

Watford sack manager on 19:37 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

I think "Watford sack manager" is a reoccuring theme every twelve weeks, isn't it?

So True.
They'll sack the next guy at the end of the season 'cos......
1) He failed to keep them up.
2) He kept them up but is not someone who can "move them forward".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Watford sack manager on 23:14 - Jan 24 with 1348 viewsclive_baker

Watford sack manager on 22:59 - Jan 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Looks like they are going to appoint Hodgeson

Yes Roy!

Absolute gent, would like to see him back.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Watford sack manager on 10:29 - Jan 25 with 1218 viewsRadlett_blue

Watford sack manager on 23:14 - Jan 24 by clive_baker

Yes Roy!

I agree Roy has always seemed like a nice guy & he has a good record of getting the most out of bottom half PL squads. At 74 he's unlikely to be a long term appointment, but that must be a good fit for Watford.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Watford sack manager on 11:56 - Jan 25 with 1151 viewshoppy

Watford sack manager on 10:29 - Jan 25 by Radlett_blue

I agree Roy has always seemed like a nice guy & he has a good record of getting the most out of bottom half PL squads. At 74 he's unlikely to be a long term appointment, but that must be a good fit for Watford.

You'd better be careful. If you're in Radlett, probably not too long before you're asked to do the job for a bit. Or they could offer it to local schools for a couple of weeks work experience?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Watford sack manager on 12:00 - Jan 25 with 1138 viewsEdwardStone

Watford sack manager on 11:56 - Jan 25 by hoppy

You'd better be careful. If you're in Radlett, probably not too long before you're asked to do the job for a bit. Or they could offer it to local schools for a couple of weeks work experience?

QPR went through a giddy phase of firing managers

One of their fans made the quip that, at the end of half time, you looked at the players running out onto the pitch to see if there had been any half-time substitutions.... and across to the dug-out to see if you still had the same manager
Watford sack manager on 12:09 - Jan 25 with 1123 viewsclive_baker

Watford sack manager on 10:29 - Jan 25 by Radlett_blue

I bumped into him once at Chartwell House. National Trust place in Kent, formerly Winston Churchill's residence. Lovely house and grounds, well worth the visit if you're in the area. I turned to my right in Churchill's writing room and the only other people in there were Roy and his wife. This was only a few years ago, he was Palace manager at the time. Had a nice chat with him, much to my wife's embarassment.

Watford sack manager on 12:15 - Jan 25 with 1112 viewsRadlett_blue

Watford sack manager on 12:09 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

I bumped into him once at Chartwell House. National Trust place in Kent, formerly Winston Churchill's residence. Lovely house and grounds, well worth the visit if you're in the area. I turned to my right in Churchill's writing room and the only other people in there were Roy and his wife. This was only a few years ago, he was Palace manager at the time. Had a nice chat with him, much to my wife's embarassment.

Roy was also friendly & approachable enough to chat with a couple of fans on the tube about the England squad when he was manager. Almost unthinkable that a football manager would do that now, but Roy was old school. He made the mistake of saying that he had left Rio Ferdinand out because he was "too old", setting off a media storm. Bet he didn't make that mistake again.

Watford sack manager on 12:28 - Jan 25 with 1078 viewsGeoffSentence

Watford sack manager on 23:14 - Jan 24 by clive_baker

Yes Roy!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watford sack manager on 12:29 - Jan 25 with 1066 viewsWeWereZombies

Watford sack manager on 11:56 - Jan 25 by hoppy

In Watford's defence, sort of, it could also be said that Ranieri does seem to be a journeyman manager who does not stay in a position too long (but keeps getting appointments so I guess boards of football clubs do see that he can bring a lot of quick fix benefits to a team.) In his thirty six year managerial career he has been in charge of twenty one different clubs, and at only Fiorentina and Chelsea has he stayed for four seasons. Although, to his credit, he has never managed Norwich...or Lazio...or Sheffield United...or Gillingham...or Ace Ringtone Stanley...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Watford sack manager on 12:32 - Jan 25 with 1041 viewsclive_baker

Watford sack manager on 12:28 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

Hero. Watford are my 2nd team for the next 3 months.

Watford sack manager on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 996 viewsRadlett_blue

Watford sack manager on 12:29 - Jan 25 by WeWereZombies

In Watford's defence, sort of, it could also be said that Ranieri does seem to be a journeyman manager who does not stay in a position too long (but keeps getting appointments so I guess boards of football clubs do see that he can bring a lot of quick fix benefits to a team.) In his thirty six year managerial career he has been in charge of twenty one different clubs, and at only Fiorentina and Chelsea has he stayed for four seasons. Although, to his credit, he has never managed Norwich...or Lazio...or Sheffield United...or Gillingham...or Ace Ringtone Stanley...

The European model has usually involved a "head coach", who is often replaced at the end of each season, rather than the old fashioned all-powerful "manager". The Pozzos football model has actually worked well at Watford. They got them promoted to the Premier League in their 3rd season & they've stayed there since except for 1 relegation, from which they bounced back. Giampaolo Pozzo is now 80 & has handed over the running of Watford to his son.

Watford sack manager on 13:18 - Jan 25 with 984 viewsNthQldITFC

Watford sack manager on 12:09 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

Why? What did you tell him about her?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Watford sack manager on 13:32 - Jan 25 with 946 viewshoppy

Watford sack manager on 13:18 - Jan 25 by NthQldITFC

Why? What did you tell him about her?

It was when they got onto talking about his views on the Eurovision Song Contest, and when Roy revealed he'd always enjoyed the Bucks Fizz entry, Making your mind up, Clive_Baker then pulled his wife's skirt off to mimic that famous performance... much embarrassment then ensued.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024