Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bakinson 21:55 - Jan 25 with 4175 viewsblueislander

Turns out he was a really opportune signing. He gives us a physical presence in midfield which is much needed. He can play a bit too.
Bakinson on 21:56 - Jan 25 with 4116 viewsWD19

Ashton pulled some strings to get Morsy banned so his new signing would play. #definfo
Bakinson on 21:56 - Jan 25 with 4112 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You mean McKenna might know what we needed?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bakinson on 21:56 - Jan 25 with 4085 viewsBasuco

He looks really good to me.
Bakinson on 21:58 - Jan 25 with 4014 viewsHipsterectomy

I liked when he was down and the Wimbledon player attempted to drag him up to his feet but he wasn’t having that

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bakinson on 22:03 - Jan 25 with 3879 viewsZXBlue

Bakinson on 21:58 - Jan 25 by Hipsterectomy

I liked when he was down and the Wimbledon player attempted to drag him up to his feet but he wasn’t having that

Forgot he was playing 2nd half. 1st was okay.
Bakinson on 22:05 - Jan 25 with 3810 viewsSuffolktractor

Got some good physicality about him.
Think he is a good addition
Bakinson on 22:07 - Jan 25 with 3769 viewsMetal_Hacker

Went about his business quietly and efficiently I think

Loved the fact he joined in quite a bit celebrating , especially the second goal

Good lad

Poll: If it were one or the other

Bakinson on 22:11 - Jan 25 with 3660 viewsFrimleyBlue

just need to keep feet on ground with the praise, it was against a few 22 year olds and we've been burned with other full debuts of promise.

IF he can take his first half performance and do it on saturday for longer against a tougher battle, then yes much needed at this time of missing Morsy and Evans.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Bakinson on 22:12 - Jan 25 with 3615 viewsBloomBlue

Just proves having Ashton as head scout is paying dividends
Bakinson on 22:20 - Jan 25 with 3469 viewsWicklowBlue

Bakinson on 22:11 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

just need to keep feet on ground with the praise, it was against a few 22 year olds and we've been burned with other full debuts of promise.

IF he can take his first half performance and do it on saturday for longer against a tougher battle, then yes much needed at this time of missing Morsy and Evans.

Against a few 22 year olds? Ah come on FrimleyMakinNose!! Give the guy a break he's had what two full training sessions?

Let's enjoy the win without the critique. Good 3 points and on to Wednesday that's it imho. Nothing else really matters...
Bakinson on 22:20 - Jan 25 with 3467 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bakinson on 21:58 - Jan 25 by Hipsterectomy

The ref then shoved their player away too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bakinson on 22:32 - Jan 25 with 3297 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bakinson on 22:20 - Jan 25 by WicklowBlue

Against a few 22 year olds? Ah come on FrimleyMakinNose!! Give the guy a break he's had what two full training sessions?

Let's enjoy the win without the critique. Good 3 points and on to Wednesday that's it imho. Nothing else really matters...

indeed and we have celebrated and he was indeed praised at HT. But before I'll agree it's a great move we need to see if he can do it longer term. Think that's fair

Waka waka eh eh

Bakinson on 23:02 - Jan 25 with 3039 viewsChurchman

Look, we won. I don’t care if it was against the Wimbledon players’ pets eleven. I don’t care how either. No team ever plays brilliantly every game and with a reshuffled team, they did well. We won - something we failed to do last year abjectly. Just enjoy it.
Bakinson on 23:03 - Jan 25 with 3022 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bakinson on 23:02 - Jan 25 by Churchman

Look, we won. I don’t care if it was against the Wimbledon players’ pets eleven. I don’t care how either. No team ever plays brilliantly every game and with a reshuffled team, they did well. We won - something we failed to do last year abjectly. Just enjoy it.

I never said I wasn't enjoying it.

The OP and my reply wasn't about the team it was about 1 player and a specific trait. Absolutely if he does the same again sat. It's worked out perfectly. But holding off tonight's youngsters isn't going to be the same sat so just saying we need to wait and see if he shows it again. We all hope he does
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 23:07]

Waka waka eh eh

Bakinson on 23:08 - Jan 25 with 2949 viewsWicklowBlue

Bakinson on 22:32 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

indeed and we have celebrated and he was indeed praised at HT. But before I'll agree it's a great move we need to see if he can do it longer term. Think that's fair

Let's just enjoy the win and move on eh?

Tougher tests to come and no need to disect his performance tonight.
Bakinson on 08:33 - Jan 26 with 2397 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No-one's been OTT with their praise.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bakinson on 08:50 - Jan 26 with 2325 viewsBiGDonnie

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bakinson on 08:52 - Jan 26 with 2308 viewsBiGDonnie

Solid performance from him and he'll only get better the more he's integrated into the side.

Morsy & Bakinson in CM when both available?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bakinson on 08:56 - Jan 26 with 2273 viewsWickets

Bakinson on 22:03 - Jan 25 by ZXBlue

Forgot he was playing 2nd half. 1st was okay.

Yes he is that sort of player ! first impressions works his nuts off goes unnoticed during the game but has actually heavily contributed when you re watch the match . Fitness still down apparently hope fully a good signing .
Bakinson on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 2106 viewsdirtyboy

Bakinson on 08:56 - Jan 26 by Wickets

Yes he is that sort of player ! first impressions works his nuts off goes unnoticed during the game but has actually heavily contributed when you re watch the match . Fitness still down apparently hope fully a good signing .

I thought he did okay, pulled a coupe of very nicely weighted forward passes out too, which made me take notice, even if much of what he did was just workman like.

Certainly adds height which is key.

The fact that Carroll, Bakinson and Aluko hadn't played together was evident, yet still they retained the ball well....clearly a very cautious approach, perhaps one that McK will undertake more in away games perhaps?

I mentioned last night, it's a results based business and he's done okay so far and Bakinson did absolutely fine.

Prefer seeing Norwood and Bonne up top so far, but like that he has confidence in a bit of team rotation and when something like Morsy's ban crops up with Evans out, more important than ever to get those three on the pitch together sooner rather than later against what was weaker opposition really.

As a note, I think Wimbledon will do okay next season if they stick to how they go about their business with that young team.
Bakinson on 10:12 - Jan 26 with 2059 viewstextbackup

played really well lastnight i thought, and got stuck right in with the celebrations. if true what the BCFC manager said about him playing on his own terms, well, perhaps we are what he needs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bakinson on 11:00 - Jan 26 with 1962 viewsDinDjarin

Bakinson on 10:12 - Jan 26 by textbackup

played really well lastnight i thought, and got stuck right in with the celebrations. if true what the BCFC manager said about him playing on his own terms, well, perhaps we are what he needs

I thought he had a great first half and was making some tidy passes under pressure. Only think he gave the ball away once when trying a difficult pass wide which was cut out.

Playing on his own terms I take that as likes to express himself on the pitch and was probably instructed to play a different way at BC for the greater good of the team.

Worrying if he cant do that but on the other hand McKenna has stated he wants players to enjoy their football and express themselves so he probably will have more freedom here to do that.

First 90 he done great first half but faded a bit second probably due to lack of game time.

Optimistic we may have a player on our hands but lets see how he does against a stronger more organised team.
Bakinson on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 1924 viewsitfcsuth

I thought he was clean and tidy without being exceptional. I still worry about a partnership of him and Carroll going to Hillsborough.

Bakinson has been here less than 7 days. 2 games under his belt already, but he still has a lot of work to do to settle in to the squad and develop under McKenna.
Bakinson on 11:13 - Jan 26 with 1904 viewsDJR

Especially in the first half I thought he looked a class player. He kept his position well and looked fairly strong and positive on the ball. I also liked the way he was trying to direct other players with his hand movements which indicates to me that he has a football brain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024