Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Holt and that apology... 09:13 - Jan 26 with 2234 viewsJimmy86

What are people's thoughts on the fact Andy Holt has come out and issued an apology for calling Morsy a SH1T house?! Timing seems convenient to me, after the FA slapped him with a 4 game ban..

I'm all for characters in the game, as don't like people to be robots, but when you're a chairman of a club I'd expect a tad more professionalism, as they are the figurehead of their club.. wonder if the FA had a word in his ear, hence the apology, as surely his outburst could be a chargeable offence by the FA?
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:17 - Jan 26 with 1602 viewshype313

I read it this morning, albeit through bleary eyes, but was he saying he didn't want to be the owner? or something along those lines?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:19 - Jan 26 with 1583 viewsStirlingArcher

Apologise but don't apologise

sounds like another buffoon incharge of something
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:23 - Jan 26 with 1565 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's feck all use to us now the player concerned - our captain - has been banned for 4 games. And it was a carp apology anyway. So he can do one.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:24 - Jan 26 with 1557 viewsJimmy86

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:17 - Jan 26 by hype313

I read it this morning, albeit through bleary eyes, but was he saying he didn't want to be the owner? or something along those lines?

Yep, you read right, even with bleary eyes! Think he's going down the "I'm just really a rich fan" route and as such is begrudgingly their chairman type thing, he is trying to come across as a passionate fan, as opposed to a chairman, probably to excuse his outbursts on twitter...
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:25 - Jan 26 with 1529 viewsJimmy86

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:23 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's feck all use to us now the player concerned - our captain - has been banned for 4 games. And it was a carp apology anyway. So he can do one.

Quite agree! Smacks of after the Lord mayor's show and all that... his tantrum clearly worked, yet now he is sorry for it..
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 1510 viewsKeno

I think he should be done for bringing the game into disrepute

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 1514 viewsChurchman

He’s laughing his head off and didn’t mean a word of it.

I suspect he’s a bit worried that if he ever comes to Portman Road again that he might wind up with a bit more in his tea than a teabag and cow juice.
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:29 - Jan 26 with 1504 viewsBobbychase

Whole episode saddens me. I follow him on Twitter and he has a lot of good things to say about football, he's a superb advocate of the EFL and often exposes the ridiculous mismatches that money causes in English football.

BUT

A very poor decision by him to send that Morsy tweet. He's a football club chairman. And Accrington's post-match behaviour on Saturday smacks of sour grapes. Would they have been bitching about Morsy if they'd won? They are masters of the dark arts and I don't think many of us begrudge them that given they have a fraction of our resources - so they have to play to their strengths. But don't then start crying about it when it doesn't work.
We've always travelled there in large numbers, we've had dealings with them in the transfer market that have led to Accrington making a decent profit on players and by all accounts Andy Holt has been warmly welcomed by Town fans in the bar up there - he even appeared on the Talking Town podcast.
All that goodwill gone because of a Tweet and a ridiculous FA charge brought about by Accrington complaining.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:30 - Jan 26 with 1495 viewsIpswichKnight

He can shove it and wouldn’t be apologising if Morsy hadn’t been banned.
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:31 - Jan 26 with 1487 viewsJimmy86

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:27 - Jan 26 by Keno

I think he should be done for bringing the game into disrepute

That was more my thoughts behind it, he's either issued a somewhat insincere apology to avoid FA contact/action, or they have indeed contacted him... whilst he seems a character, he also seems a bit of a tool.. and his outburst is as bad as Morsy handing their player off in the face..
Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 1393 viewsbracknell_blue

Disingenuous. He got what he wanted - a ban for Morsy - so he can say what he likes. Should have kept his trap shut in the first place.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:58 - Jan 26 with 1392 viewsRegencyBlue

I suspect he’s trying to avoid any action the FA might be considering more than anything else.

Having said that the FA are so incompetent I doubt any action would be taken by them!
Andy Holt and that apology... on 10:04 - Jan 26 with 1357 viewsJimmy86

Andy Holt and that apology... on 09:58 - Jan 26 by RegencyBlue

I suspect he’s trying to avoid any action the FA might be considering more than anything else.

Having said that the FA are so incompetent I doubt any action would be taken by them!

Agreed, 100%

Be interesting to see whether the FA do contact him for his observations or even charge him for bringing the game into disrepute
Andy Holt and that apology... on 10:04 - Jan 26 with 1348 viewsArnieM

Holt should be along with his cheating team be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

There was NO punch ! Their player dived and Holt used social media to bring an FA charge.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Andy Holt and that apology... on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 1329 viewsVaughan8

He apologises and said he shouldn't say it, then says I am who I am, no excuses blah blah.

Just like sorry but not sorry.

I'm guessing he's done it for himself and doesn't sound very genuine.

But really, who cares?
Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:14 - Jan 26 with 1244 viewsmylittletown

Andy Holt and that apology... on 10:09 - Jan 26 by Vaughan8

He apologises and said he shouldn't say it, then says I am who I am, no excuses blah blah.

Just like sorry but not sorry.

I'm guessing he's done it for himself and doesn't sound very genuine.

But really, who cares?

'I am who I am' is what ignorant t0ssers with no consideration for other people say.
Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:16 - Jan 26 with 1228 viewsfooters

Old man who looks like turtle says 'that's how I roll'. Unbelievable scenes.

And what's all this about not wanting to own a football club? Did he accidentally come to own it or something? Happens to the best of us, I guess.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 11:16]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:17 - Jan 26 with 1217 viewsJ2BLUE

Complete non story. As a club we should be above petty spats with the likes of him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 1196 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It wasn't an apology

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:23 - Jan 26 with 1186 viewsSamWhiteUK

One thing is for sure, he won't experience a warm welcome at PR ever again
Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:58 - Jan 26 with 1091 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:17 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Complete non story. As a club we should be above petty spats with the likes of him.

Unfortunately this petty spat has cost us our captain for 4 games. So not so petty on that front.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:59 - Jan 26 with 1088 viewsJ2BLUE

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:58 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Unfortunately this petty spat has cost us our captain for 4 games. So not so petty on that front.

The dramatics on social media we can rise above.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Andy Holt and that apology... on 12:06 - Jan 26 with 1061 viewsGeoffSentence

Andy Holt and that apology... on 11:17 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

'The club' isn't having a spat with him.

Some fans have the hump about the way he behaved which is different and reasonable

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Andy Holt and that apology... on 12:19 - Jan 26 with 1025 viewsJDB23

Andy Holt and that apology... on 12:06 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

'The club' isn't having a spat with him.

Some fans have the hump about the way he behaved which is different and reasonable

I hope the club refuse to do business with them in future though. Ashton has a thing about being professional and doing things the right way in order to have good relationships with clubs. I hope that goes the other way as well so when a club act in the manner they have, we don’t entertain any dealings with them.
Andy Holt and that apology... on 12:24 - Jan 26 with 1010 viewsfooters

Andy Holt and that apology... on 12:19 - Jan 26 by JDB23

I hope the club refuse to do business with them in future though. Ashton has a thing about being professional and doing things the right way in order to have good relationships with clubs. I hope that goes the other way as well so when a club act in the manner they have, we don’t entertain any dealings with them.

Doesn't help that they also robbed us blind the last couple of times either!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024