Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 7 games 10:44 - Jan 26 with 3042 viewshype313

Sheffield Wednesday A
Gillingham H
Doncaster Rovers A
MK Dons A
Burton Albion H
Cheltenham Town H
Morecambe A

Got to be looking at 17 points from those games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Next 7 games on 10:45 - Jan 26 with 2252 viewsKieran_Knows

21 points. McKenna ball in full flow.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Next 7 games on 10:46 - Jan 26 with 2221 viewshype313

Next 7 games on 10:45 - Jan 26 by Kieran_Knows

Obviously would love that, but allowing slippage for a point at Hillsborough and MK Dons

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Next 7 games on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 2215 viewsunstableblue

I don’t have a good feeling about Saturday with Morsy out

We weren’t particularly good last night, against a young and not very threatening Wimbledon team.

But we won.

We’ve got to try and get 6-7 points from the next three whilst the captains out. Then MK Dons becomes massive.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Next 7 games on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 2169 viewsDubtractor

Next 7 games on 10:47 - Jan 26 by unstableblue

We weren’t particularly good last night, against a young and not very threatening Wimbledon team.

But we won.

We’ve got to try and get 6-7 points from the next three whilst the captains out. Then MK Dons becomes massive.

If we're being completely honest Morsy was a big miss last night. Our midfield didn't have the usual energy or bite. Saturday will be a big test.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Next 7 games on 10:53 - Jan 26 with 2154 viewssuffolkpoker

It does looks a favourable run of games. We cant drop many points to remain in the hunt for top6. The min is surely 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss, which would be 14 points and remain on the 2 point a game mark to give us any chance of making ground.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Next 7 games on 10:55 - Jan 26 with 2125 viewssuffolkpoker

Next 7 games on 10:52 - Jan 26 by Dubtractor

If we're being completely honest Morsy was a big miss last night. Our midfield didn't have the usual energy or bite. Saturday will be a big test.

Wednesday and burton are the 2 teams we cant drop points to, unless we beat one of them. Morsy will be missed and short in the left wing back.

Window is still open though....

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Next 7 games on 10:55 - Jan 26 with 2118 viewsElderGrizzly

El Miz will give us some of that energy and bite if he's brought back in for Saturday
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 10:55]
Next 7 games on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 2069 viewsGlasgowBlue

15 is my guess.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Next 7 games on 10:59 - Jan 26 with 2046 viewsElderGrizzly

Sheffield Wednesday - Lose
Gillingham - Win
Doncaster Rovers - Win
MK Dons - Draw
Burton Albion - Win
Cheltenham Town - Win
Morecambe - Win

So 16 from 21
Next 7 games on 11:05 - Jan 26 with 1997 viewsGuthrum

But we won.

Carroll and Bakinson will have had a few more training sessions to get to know each other by then.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Next 7 games on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 1982 viewstextbackup

But we won.

my sheff weds supporting manager has just said they are a shower of sh1t, and if we are 50% on it we win saturday

Sheffield Wednesday - win
Gillingham - Win
Doncaster Rovers - Win
MK Dons - Draw
Burton Albion - Win
Cheltenham Town - Win
Morecambe - Win
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 11:14]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Next 7 games on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 1979 viewsPippin1970

I think Morecambe might beat us. First time in league 1 fighting for their lives.
Next 7 games on 11:14 - Jan 26 with 1917 viewsunstableblue

Next 7 games on 11:05 - Jan 26 by Guthrum

Carroll and Bakinson will have had a few more training sessions to get to know each other by then.

Carroll got better through the game.

Bakinson was just a bitter error strewn, and his press was weak. But the guy will be rusty. He was certainly trying to bond with the fans last night. I think there is a lot more to come with his distribution.

He scored a good goal at hillsboro for Bristol.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Next 7 games on 11:15 - Jan 26 with 1887 viewsOsborneOneNil

Sheff Wed not in great form though.
Next 7 games on 11:17 - Jan 26 with 1882 viewsWallingford_Boy

Let's be a little more realistic for a second.

We have not played great in last few games, yet got 6 out of 9 points (against very average oppo).

We have no Morsy for half of those games and maybe no Evans, a HUGE loss in the middle of the park.

Bonne and Norwood have stopped scoring.

Still no sign of a new LB or a new CB, so may have to accept we will go with what we have, which has not been good enough for most the season.

So....

Sheffield Wednesday - Lose
Gillingham - Win
Doncaster Rovers - Draw
MK Dons - Draw
Burton Albion - Win
Cheltenham Town - Win
Morecambe - Draw

So 12 points, which I would take. Winning the home games is a must.

That sounds negative, but just being realistic.

We are not 8th through bad luck!

RIP Sir Bobby

Next 7 games on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 1854 viewsElderGrizzly

Next 7 games on 11:15 - Jan 26 by OsborneOneNil

Sheff Wed not in great form though.

Indeed 17th in the form table I believe
Next 7 games on 11:42 - Jan 26 with 1742 viewsFreddies_Ears

Next 7 games on 11:14 - Jan 26 by unstableblue

Carroll got better through the game.

Bakinson was just a bitter error strewn, and his press was weak. But the guy will be rusty. He was certainly trying to bond with the fans last night. I think there is a lot more to come with his distribution.

He scored a good goal at hillsboro for Bristol.

I thought our CM improved as the game progressed last night. I like that the manager used a left footer and right footer, as it gave a bit of balance - square pegs, square holes. I am sure Wednesday will look to dominate out midfield, and close down opportunities for JD and Burns to get forward. Chaplin and Celina could be key, even off the bench.
Next 7 games on 11:46 - Jan 26 with 1707 viewsBlueBadger

21 or GTFO

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next 7 games on 11:57 - Jan 26 with 1654 viewsChurchman

But we won.

I’ll go 15 points.

Morsy is a big miss, but it didn’t help having so little notice of his ban. There’s a few more days to set things up for Saturday, Wednesday aren't in the greatest form, we seem to be able to grind the odd result now - I reckon we should be good for a draw there.
Next 7 games on 12:02 - Jan 26 with 1636 viewsArnieM

But we won.

If we play Saturday like we did last night SEFC will beat us with ease IMO. We are so lightweight in midfield without Morsy, and we have no like for like replacement . Holt has done one on this Club with his comments. And now with injuries t9 Evans, and Penny and KVY pratish bookings it’s going to leave us even more lightweight.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Next 7 games on 14:33 - Jan 26 with 1415 viewsN2_Blue

I made me prediction 3 games ago for whole season giving us 74 points and I've got the first 3 spot on as predicted defeat to Bolton and wins v Accrington & Wimbledon

Remainder of season points prediction by N2_Blue 10 Jan 2022 14:53
I've predicted results for remainder of season and calculated 74 points - so playoffs is going to be close, I think we'll be in the race to the end.

My total of 74 points even included two defeats in the rest of January, including our next game v Bolton, a run of 4 draws in March and only winning 3 games in a row once.

11 Wins: (Accrington, Wimble, Gills, Donc, Burton, Chelt, Plym, Camb, Shrews, Crewe, Linc)
6 Draws: (Morecambe, Fleet, Ports, Oxf, Wigan, Charlton)
4 Defeats: (Bolton, Sheff Weds, MK Dons, Rotherham)

There will be games we don't win that we should but equally I think we could beat Bolton and Oxford but wanted to be on the pessimistic side.

We probably need 12 wins to be sure but plenty of games I can see where we can win.

I think it shows our fixtures really do have very many winnable games for an in form and confident side which we hopefully definitely will be come February. I still thought the playoffs was a tall order but they really are a possibility.

So for the next 7 I had gone L W W L W W D = 13 points

If we can avoid defeat to Weds and MK especially that would a real boost. If we were to beat MK I think we might actually finish top 6
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 14:34]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Next 7 games on 14:39 - Jan 26 with 1378 viewsgordon

Next 7 games on 10:45 - Jan 26 by Kieran_Knows

Should be expecting more than 21, it's league one ffs.
Next 7 games on 14:44 - Jan 26 with 1343 viewsMetal_Hacker

Next 7 games on 11:08 - Jan 26 by textbackup

my sheff weds supporting manager has just said they are a shower of sh1t, and if we are 50% on it we win saturday

Sheffield Wednesday - win
Gillingham - Win
Doncaster Rovers - Win
MK Dons - Draw
Burton Albion - Win
Cheltenham Town - Win
Morecambe - Win
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 11:14]

Likewise my Sheff Weds mates who I 5 a side with have very little faith with their side at present

I'm more concerned with M Dons to be fair and really not looking forward to Morecombe away for some reason

Poll: If it were one or the other

Next 7 games on 14:46 - Jan 26 with 1322 viewstextbackup

Next 7 games on 12:02 - Jan 26 by ArnieM

If we play Saturday like we did last night SEFC will beat us with ease IMO. We are so lightweight in midfield without Morsy, and we have no like for like replacement . Holt has done one on this Club with his comments. And now with injuries t9 Evans, and Penny and KVY pratish bookings it’s going to leave us even more lightweight.

So to confirm, a team 17th in form table are going to piss us Saturday… we finally have a new manager bounce, finding ways to just win with sleeves rolled up… but you are hell bent on seeing us fail against a poor sheff weds team?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Next 7 games on 14:56 - Jan 26 with 1277 viewsN2_Blue

Next 7 games on 14:46 - Jan 26 by textbackup

So to confirm, a team 17th in form table are going to piss us Saturday… we finally have a new manager bounce, finding ways to just win with sleeves rolled up… but you are hell bent on seeing us fail against a poor sheff weds team?

Arnie called our season over because of the Morsy decision.

He likes to overeact

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024