Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr 11:24 - Jan 26 with 2198 viewsGlasgowBlue

https://www.stereogum.com/2174063/morrissey-to-johnny-marr-keep-my-name-out-of-y

The Smiths split up 30 odd years ago. Lennon and McCartney went at each other in the press for a year or so after the Beatles split but by 72 they were good mates again.

Does Morrissey have a new album to sell?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 11:31]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 11:28 - Jan 26 with 1713 viewsBlueBadger

Well, its a nice change from being racist in public to draw attention to himself I suppose.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 15:57 - Jan 26 with 1597 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

1. Have you actually read it? He makes fair points if Marr is bad-mouthing him.
2. It's actually quite funny.
3. If all you lot on here hate Morrissey so much, why do you keep reading articles about him?
4. You're actually promoting his new album. I didn't even know there was one until I read this - and indeed he doesn't have a record label or any release date, so you'd think he'd get those sorted before promoting an album no-one can buy.
5. No idea what the Beatles have got to do with anything. Lots of people fall out and DON'T become friends again.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 16:22 - Jan 26 with 1520 viewsWallingford_Boy

Think you have it the wrong way around!

RIP Sir Bobby

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 16:43 - Jan 26 with 1497 viewsMullet

Marr or certain journos by proxy seem to be baiting Moz for some reason. The Smiths will never get back together and maybe that’s a good thing, but a little while ago Marr was doing press and it was oddly focused on Moz, knowing he’d bite.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:07 - Jan 26 with 1426 viewshoppy

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 16:43 - Jan 26 by Mullet

Marr or certain journos by proxy seem to be baiting Moz for some reason. The Smiths will never get back together and maybe that’s a good thing, but a little while ago Marr was doing press and it was oddly focused on Moz, knowing he’d bite.

Was that from Marr steering it that way, or the journos doing the interview?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:12 - Jan 26 with 1416 viewsMullet

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:07 - Jan 26 by hoppy

Was that from Marr steering it that way, or the journos doing the interview?

Hard to say, as the quotes and questions get clipped and reused but it felt like the journos bring up the Smiths knowing where to lead it.

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:18 - Jan 26 with 1389 viewspositivity

morrisey doesn't afaik, marr does.

unlike moz's last half-dozen it's actually rather good, so maybe moz is doing him a favour by publicising it!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 1386 viewshoppy

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:12 - Jan 26 by Mullet

Hard to say, as the quotes and questions get clipped and reused but it felt like the journos bring up the Smiths knowing where to lead it.

I guess they're bound to bring it up, as that period was such an important part in both respective careers. Would be surprising to not have any questions about them/him.

Login to get fewer ads

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:22 - Jan 26 with 1372 viewsDanTheMan

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 15:57 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

3. If all you lot on here hate Morrissey so much, why do you keep reading articles about him?
4. You're actually promoting his new album. I didn't even know there was one until I read this - and indeed he doesn't have a record label or any release date, so you'd think he'd get those sorted before promoting an album no-one can buy.
5. No idea what the Beatles have got to do with anything. Lots of people fall out and DON'T become friends again.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:29 - Jan 26 with 1349 viewschicoazul

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 16:43 - Jan 26 by Mullet

Even Jonny Marr gets accused of trolling sometimes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:29 - Jan 26 with 1280 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 17:22 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

No blubbing, Dan, just laying out the facts in easy to read points.

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:33 - Jan 26 with 1261 viewsDanTheMan

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:29 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

No blubbing, Dan, just laying out the facts in easy to read points.

Just a light-hearted joke!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:47 - Jan 26 with 1246 viewsMullet

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:33 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

Can you not joke about Morrissey please DanielTheManiel? I shall write a withering poem about you if not

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 19:15 - Jan 26 with 1211 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:47 - Jan 26 by Mullet

Can you not joke about Morrissey please DanielTheManiel? I shall write a withering poem about you if not

Obviously not This Charming Dan, then.

Poster in a Coma?
Heaven Knows I'm DanTheMan Now?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 22:55 - Jan 26 with 1084 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 18:33 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 03:13 - Jan 27 with 978 viewshoppy

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 22:55 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

Can I stop you there. I’ve heard that one before.

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 05:47 - Jan 27 with 947 viewssolomon

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 15:57 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Them falling out and bickering has little effect on me, their body of work together will be untouched by all this, still great artists the both of them.
Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 08:15 - Jan 27 with 875 viewsJimmyJazz

Johnny Marr has a solo career??

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 08:28 - Jan 27 with 858 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 08:15 - Jan 27 by JimmyJazz

Johnny Marr has a solo career??

In the last seven years he’s released some very good albums.

Iron Lion Zion

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:05 - Jan 27 with 806 viewsJimmyJazz

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 08:28 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

In the last seven years he’s released some very good albums.

So i've since noticed - which album would you recommend? i'll then give it a listen today

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:10 - Jan 27 with 801 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 03:13 - Jan 27 by hoppy

Can I stop you there. I’ve heard that one before.

Yeah, but what difference does it make?

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:10 - Jan 27 with 799 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:05 - Jan 27 by JimmyJazz

So i've since noticed - which album would you recommend? i'll then give it a listen today

Call the Comet would be my pick.

His work with The The on Dusk is also a highlight. But probably already familiar to you.

Digging deeper This co-write with Bryan Ferry is an old favourite of mine.

Iron Lion Zion

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:26 - Jan 27 with 778 viewsGlasgowBlue

5. The Beatles set the template for acrimonious break ups. Court cases. Rows in the music press. Writing songs slagging each other off.

Within a couple of years they are best mates again. Just find it odd That Morrissey is so touchy after thirty odd years. Of course Journos are going to ask Marr about Morrissey and the Smiths. Lennon & McCartney were asked in every single interview about the Beatles reforming.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 9:27]

Iron Lion Zion

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:30 - Jan 27 with 766 viewshoppy

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:10 - Jan 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, but what difference does it make?

Heaven knows! (But I’m miserable now!)

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 737 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey has gone on a right old blub about Johnny Marr on 09:26 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

5. The Beatles set the template for acrimonious break ups. Court cases. Rows in the music press. Writing songs slagging each other off.

Within a couple of years they are best mates again. Just find it odd That Morrissey is so touchy after thirty odd years. Of course Journos are going to ask Marr about Morrissey and the Smiths. Lennon & McCartney were asked in every single interview about the Beatles reforming.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 9:27]

Classic Glassers The Politician answers the point he wants to answer!

And it really doesn't matter what The Beatles did or didn't do. It's irrelevant; they're different people.

It's also (clearly) not just that he's simply being asked about Morrissey and the Smiths.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024