Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A science question for people far more intelligent than me. 19:30 - Jan 26 with 986 viewsMattinLondon

Imagine the moon is populated by aliens with technology akin to what we have now and live in large cities just like how we do. Now imagine at the same time Earth is in the seventeenth century.

Would people on earth, with the naked eye or with what telescopes were available be able to see any sign that the moon had an advanced civilisation?
A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:37 - Jan 26 with 935 viewsbluelagos

This guy discovered the Jupiter moons with a Telescope he invented in 1611. So guess he'd spot a Skyscraper on the moon?

http://www.historyoftelescope.com/telescope-invention/the-keplerian-telescope/

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:37 - Jan 26 with 934 viewsDanTheMan

I'd have very much thought, the light especially would make it obvious. Telescopes weren't too shabby.

https://www.insidescience.org/news/squinting-saturn-through-17th-century-technol

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:41 - Jan 26 with 913 viewsGuthrum

Yes, to an extent. No details of streets and buildings (we haven't got that resolution from Earth even now), but they'd be able to tell that something was going on.

As others have said, the lights would probably give it away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:42 - Jan 26 with 911 viewsjeera

If they had modern tech then surely they'd been popping over for a few decades.

Some of the more entrepreneur types would have their own chains of bars and fast food restaurants by the early 1700s.

We'd have been thoroughly exploited by green people with eyes on stalks.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:44 - Jan 26 with 900 viewsWeWereZombies

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:42 - Jan 26 by jeera

If they had modern tech then surely they'd been popping over for a few decades.

Some of the more entrepreneur types would have their own chains of bars and fast food restaurants by the early 1700s.

We'd have been thoroughly exploited by green people with eyes on stalks.

Now wait a minute, I'm not having The Clangers talked about like that.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:45 - Jan 26 with 890 viewsjeera

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:44 - Jan 26 by WeWereZombies

Now wait a minute, I'm not having The Clangers talked about like that.

They'd be running the soup kitchens.

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:47 - Jan 26 with 878 viewsWeWereZombies

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 19:45 - Jan 26 by jeera

They'd be running the soup kitchens.

And that Big White Face off The Mighty Boosh?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 20:14 - Jan 26 with 834 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No idea, but those aliens will be really angry when Elon Musk's out of control rocket crashes in to them.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/jan/26/out-of-control-spacex-rocket-on-

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 20:25 - Jan 26 with 791 viewsPendejo

No, because they perfected a cloaking device a long time ago. The aforementioned Kepler caught one off guard eating crackers and cheese which is where the notion that the moon is made of cheese comes from.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 20:40 - Jan 26 with 752 viewsWeWereZombies

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 20:25 - Jan 26 by Pendejo

No, because they perfected a cloaking device a long time ago. The aforementioned Kepler caught one off guard eating crackers and cheese which is where the notion that the moon is made of cheese comes from.

Cheddar or Stilton?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 21:01 - Jan 26 with 707 viewsPendejo

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 20:40 - Jan 26 by WeWereZombies

Cheddar or Stilton?

Stilton def info
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 21:01]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 21:24 - Jan 26 with 657 viewsjeera

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 21:01 - Jan 26 by Pendejo

Stilton def info
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 21:01]

Not possible, got to be mozzarella given the shape.

Unless, oh no...

You're not one of those flat-Mooners are you?

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 21:35 - Jan 26 with 627 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 20:14 - Jan 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

No idea, but those aliens will be really angry when Elon Musk's out of control rocket crashes in to them.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/jan/26/out-of-control-spacex-rocket-on-

Likely to be seen as an act of war!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 21:53 - Jan 26 with 594 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 21:35 - Jan 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Likely to be seen as an act of war!

They'll make Putin seem like peanuts.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A science question for people far more intelligent than me. on 22:07 - Jan 26 with 565 viewsCrawfordsboot

I’m afraid that me and my generation reared on Crawford, Phillips, Baxter and Ellsworthy then indulged with Beattie and Butcher would look at the ITFC on the moon and ask wtf has happened to our club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024