Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? 09:54 - Jan 27 with 3153 viewsJimmy86

Mine would be either chip shop chips, smothered in thick gravy OR a chicken tikka madras...

Discuss!!
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 09:56 - Jan 27 with 2247 viewsOldFart71

Fur Burger
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:00 - Jan 27 with 2221 viewsmylittletown

Haddock and chips from Aldeburgh
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:02 - Jan 27 with 2176 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm going to be boring and say Steak, Thick cut chips, Peas, Mushrooms and grilled Tomato.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 2195 viewsJ2BLUE

The keys to the cell and a AK47...with a salad garnish.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:06 - Jan 27 with 2192 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Tapas. Keep bringing those little dishes till I explode.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:08 - Jan 27 with 2173 viewsCotty

Birthday cake with a file in it please
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 2146 viewsKeno

Ive never given this any though before

Starter King Prawns in garlic butter, with a side salad and freshly cooked granary bread with a large dish of kerrgold butter

Main - Rack of ribs slow cooked in bbq sauce with chunky chips, and corn on the cob (with extra butter) Heinz baked beans and garlic mushrooms

Desert - deep filled cherry pie with a large dollop of extra thick cream

to drink Aspall dry cider and adnams broadside

to end a large very sweet black coffee with a selection box of bendicks mints

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:15 - Jan 27 with 2134 viewswkj

out of date raw chicken, jokes on them when they have to clear up the aftermath

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:16 - Jan 27 with 2120 viewsJ2BLUE

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:12 - Jan 27 by Keno

Starter King Prawns in garlic butter, with a side salad and freshly cooked granary bread with a large dish of kerrgold butter

Main - Rack of ribs slow cooked in bbq sauce with chunky chips, and corn on the cob (with extra butter) Heinz baked beans and garlic mushrooms

Imagine ordering all that...and then finding out i'm the chef.

Truly impaired.

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:19 - Jan 27 with 2111 viewsKeno

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:16 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Imagine ordering all that...and then finding out i'm the chef.

Could be worse

you could be the 'nice young lady' dressed as a French maid complete with fishnets etc etc who serves it to me

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:22 - Jan 27 with 2090 viewsJ2BLUE

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:19 - Jan 27 by Keno

Could be worse

you could be the 'nice young lady' dressed as a French maid complete with fishnets etc etc who serves it to me

Even I felt a little sick imagining that.

Truly impaired.

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:24 - Jan 27 with 2081 viewsbracknell_blue

Home-made scotch eggs, chips and beans, followed by Strawberry crumble with double cream.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:26 - Jan 27 with 2059 viewsKeno

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:08 - Jan 27 by Cotty

Birthday cake with a file in it please

eh?

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:27 - Jan 27 with 2042 viewsTrequartista

My own death warrant and chips.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:31 - Jan 27 with 2037 viewsLesta_Tractor

a mix of bbqd fresh prawns, oysters, bay bugs and a bottle of hot sauce but it'll only taste good if I'm sat on a boat so guess they'll have to let me out
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 10:32]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:41 - Jan 27 with 1974 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn't imagine I would be particularly hungry if I were on death row.

Just get it over with.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:47 - Jan 27 with 1944 viewsfooters

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:41 - Jan 27 by clive_baker

Wouldn't imagine I would be particularly hungry if I were on death row.

Just get it over with.

Indeed. Remember reading something about the cooks who prepare the death row meals and nine times out of ten people hardly touch it.

So I'd be a gent and just ask for a lot to drink instead.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:48 - Jan 27 with 1920 viewsFrimleyBlue

Which ever gave me the shts.

Enjoy killing me. But good luck cleaning up after.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:55 - Jan 27 with 1911 viewsMattinLondon

The blood of my murdered victims.
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:57 - Jan 27 with 1891 viewsEdwardStone

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:12 - Jan 27 by Keno

It seems a bit heavy on cholesterol Mr K

I would worry for your long-term health

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:58 - Jan 27 with 1890 viewsArnoldMoorhen

An Apple Crumble, cooked by my Nana. (She's been dead 35 years, so that would buy me some time while they figure their way out of that!)

People who are interested in this concept (although given a less macabre spin by being about a celebrity's "dream" 3 course meal) and who haven't yet listened to it could do a lot worse than giving James Acaster and Ed Gamble's podcast "Off Menu" a try. If you aren't massive Acaster or Gamble fans then start with the Bob Mortimer episode, which is truly as wonderful as you would hope.
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 11:05 - Jan 27 with 1858 viewshoppy

Eat as much as you like Chinese buffet…

“No, I’ve not finished yet…”

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 11:11 - Jan 27 with 1820 viewsKeno

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:57 - Jan 27 by EdwardStone

It seems a bit heavy on cholesterol Mr K

I would worry for your long-term health

Im just worried now that J2 will be waitress

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 11:24 - Jan 27 with 1777 viewsBluebell

You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 10:02 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

I'm going to be boring and say Steak, Thick cut chips, Peas, Mushrooms and grilled Tomato.

This....I would like the steak to be a ribeye.

But I would never be on death row as I am too honest and would never harm anybody or anything!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 11:30]
You're on death row and get 1 last meal, what would it be?? on 11:24 - Jan 27 with 1777 viewsnoggin

If I could visit any restaurant to eat it would be The Garden, somewhere in the hills of Crete (if it's still there)
They farm all their own animals and vegetables on the land surrounding the restaurant. The meat (lamb and pork) is cooked by hanging it over large outdoor furnace type fires for hours. They don't have a menu as such but just keep bringing plates of food and jugs of wine until you tell them to stop. I've never tasted such food since and don't expect I ever will. If you're ever around the west side of Crete.....

Just one review (not by me)

"They haven't invented the words yet to describe this place, but I will do my best. This is a love letter.

1. FIRST THINGS FIRST: THE best moussaka ever! EVER! Three of us tasted it and our reaction was to blissfully smile in religious silence in a mix of emotion and disbelief for how good it was. All our friends had an amazing time watching us getting shocked for what an amazing dish it was.
If you're not vegetarian, this dish is a MUST. Try it! It's a mystical experience.

2. LOCAL, AUTHENTIC AND SEASONAL: Everything is a farm-to-table products, produced by themselves or local small farmers. And I mean everything! Even the wine, soft drinks and raki!
The dishes depend on seasonal availability, which means that they don't have a menu for choosing as they change so often. They tell you by voice the available dishes, it can be overwhelming at the beginning, but just ask them to repeat the dishes as many times as you need and trust your gut feeling.

3. EVERYONE IS WELCOME: You love meat? Are you vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten-free? NO PROBLEM! This place is for everyone.
The place has a big garden and plenty of room outside, which I think enables you to bring your dogs (I think they are allowed).

4. GREAT PEOPLE: The owner of the restaurant is a very great guy! He quickly connected with us and gave us a tour of the outdoor kitchen, which includes typical wood ovens and grills. He was so happy to proudly show us how they do things. As a guest, it's always very nice to see the personnel of the restaurant taking pride in what they do and not experience it "just as a job" they have to do.

At the beginning they gave us "welcoming refreshments" including water, raki (Greek liquor) and bread. Later they started to send over other things on the house including two extra jar of wine, two trays of sweets and I think they didn't charge is the extra bread.
Never in my life a restaurant has offered me so many things on the house.

5. THE PRICE: after having a great time, big portions and enough drinks to get tipsy we were expecting to be shocked by receiving an expensive bill. As mentioned above, they don't have menus and they tell you the available dishes by voice, which means you don't know the prices of what you are ordering. And indeed we were shocked... by how cheap it was! We couldn't believe it. 126€ for nine people having starters, main dishes, desserts and drinks. That's less than 15€ each!!
Being a group of friends travelling from Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France, Croatia and the UK, we were expecting to spend way more. Receiving a small bill at the end of our dinner was the perfect happy conclusion of our night out.

6. SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
If I have to be picky, the place does not have a credit card reader, which in 2020 it's not acceptable although it's a common problem in Greece. If they could adopt a simple method for electronic payments, like SumUp or similar, it would be a great improvement for their customers.

7. TIPS FOR YOU: bring cash with you as they don't accept credit cards. Try to arrive at the place a bit before sunset, so you have enough time to enjoy the garden and the landscape.

I hope this was useful and that you'll enjoy your experience as much as we did!"
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 12:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024