Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson update 10:03 - Jan 28 with 15056 viewsgreyhound

From what I understand...

Tyreece was recalled as he has refused to discuss/sign new contractual terms with town.

He has been moved into the u18s to train. So don't go expecting him to be given match time any time soon.

Understand from source this is a power play/punishment for him refusing to initiay speak with town.

Haven't scanned the board in a few days so this may already be posted and will remove if covered elsewhere
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:06 - Jan 28 with 6727 viewshype313

Hmm, doesn't sound good either way.

Not sure why he wouldn't want to sign a contract unless he feels he had no pathway, but you would have thought the club would have had discussions about his progress.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:06 - Jan 28 with 6733 viewsSamuelowen88

This falls into line with way KOA were saying on the latest pod.

Not sure how I feel about it. Doesn't seem like the best way to go about things. If he does sign, not going to be on the best terms is it.

Poll: England v Wales Score

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 10:07 - Jan 28 with 6705 viewsMenton

Seems harsh on the guy but Ashton isn’t paid to f@ck spiders.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:08 - Jan 28 with 6676 viewsN2_Blue

That's a real shame on his part and doesn't sound like he is being particularly well advised by agent etc.

Don't see what more Town could do. We've given him a good loan shot, he's impressed and we want to talk terms with his deal running down. He should at least agree to those discussions - even if he decides he doesn't want to sign for whatever reason - but not to even listen to what we have to offer is very odd.

Obviously we don't know want Tyreece is thinking or if something has happened from the outside this doesn't look particularly good on him. That's a real real shame, especially as he's a local lad too

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:08 - Jan 28 with 6663 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Not good. Wonder why he wont sign one?
That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 10:12 - Jan 28 with 6583 viewsN2_Blue

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 10:07 - Jan 28 by Menton

Seems harsh on the guy but Ashton isn’t paid to f@ck spiders.

don't see why it's harsh.

Tyreece (or probably his agent) is being rather foolish here. Why would you not even sit down and discuss with Town.

Don't see what else Town can do in this situation.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:15 - Jan 28 with 6506 viewsRadlett_blue

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:08 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

That's a real shame on his part and doesn't sound like he is being particularly well advised by agent etc.

Don't see what more Town could do. We've given him a good loan shot, he's impressed and we want to talk terms with his deal running down. He should at least agree to those discussions - even if he decides he doesn't want to sign for whatever reason - but not to even listen to what we have to offer is very odd.

Obviously we don't know want Tyreece is thinking or if something has happened from the outside this doesn't look particularly good on him. That's a real real shame, especially as he's a local lad too

Hard to tell what Simpson, or his agent, is thinking. Maybe he doesn't want to discuss a new Town contract because he doesn't want to be a bit part player or loaned out again as it's hard to see him being a regular starter next season. If he won't even talk, then Town's only option is to trigger the extension & then sell him. I doubt Swindon would come up with much of a fee. The other question is whether Town then loan him out to Swindon or someone else.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:15 - Jan 28 with 6509 viewsclive_baker

Surprises me this doesn't happen more often when players are out on loan. A full year to move house, meet people and develop relationships, get game time, experience all of that as well of course as having someone in your ear daily about moving permanantly, whether that be manager, fans, teammates, family. In the same respect we benefitted from Walton probably choosing us over other suitors, the difference there was Brighton wanted rid whereas we, presumably, don't. We can trigger his extension I believe, so could keep him here for 18 months. His goodbye note to Swindon fans did say 'for now', so it wouldn't surprise me greatly if his heart is set on a return, but 18 months is a long time in football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:15 - Jan 28 with 6500 viewsHighgateBlue

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:06 - Jan 28 by Samuelowen88

This falls into line with way KOA were saying on the latest pod.

Not sure how I feel about it. Doesn't seem like the best way to go about things. If he does sign, not going to be on the best terms is it.

I tend to agree that it's not the greatest way to go about things. I can't see how this ends well. Is it likely that Simpson will suddenly cave, and if he does, is he really going to be best mates with those running the club? He's not going to have any great value in the transfer market, and if he doesn't want to stay, this just seems a bit vindictive.

I mean, I don't understand why Simpson wouldn't want to extend his contract - I can't see him getting better money elsewhere. It's not as if he's going to walk into a deal with a Championship club, surely, and even if he did, I'm sure some of them don't pay as well as we do.

A strange one all round. With the optimism around the club at the moment, I can't quite get my head around this.
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 6390 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why would a young player who is doing moderately well in a League 2 team not want to commit his future to a club that has attracted Premier League and Championship players under very ambitious owners?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 6368 viewsclive_baker

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Why would a young player who is doing moderately well in a League 2 team not want to commit his future to a club that has attracted Premier League and Championship players under very ambitious owners?

Got to be a girl, it's the only explanation.

I think he's probably just had a bit of smoke blown up his ar5e in Swindon and thoroughly enjoyed it, so wants a move there permanently. Who knows, he might have met someone off the pitch who he wants to be near. Could be any number of reasons really that he doesn't want to commit to staying at Ipswich longer than his current deal.

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:21 - Jan 28 with 6369 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Just noticed he's taken ITFC out of his bio, unfollowed the club and deleted all ITFC related photos. Yes i know, stalker.
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:23 - Jan 28 with 6284 viewsDarth_Koont

I sort of get it from Simpson’s perspective.

He had a successful taste of playing regularly but tying himself to Ipswich could well limit his chances and his career. At Town, he’d be down the pecking order and occasionally getting a start in the trophy or a place on the bench, and likely not even that if we get promoted in the next year or two.

I don’t blame Town either for wanting to protect an asset. Just that what’s best for Simpson and what’s best for Town are probably different now. It’s football and the other side of the coin of young players being released if they aren’t seen as useful or valuable – there’s no real loyalty then.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:23 - Jan 28 with 6286 viewsstrikalite

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:15 - Jan 28 by Radlett_blue

Hard to tell what Simpson, or his agent, is thinking. Maybe he doesn't want to discuss a new Town contract because he doesn't want to be a bit part player or loaned out again as it's hard to see him being a regular starter next season. If he won't even talk, then Town's only option is to trigger the extension & then sell him. I doubt Swindon would come up with much of a fee. The other question is whether Town then loan him out to Swindon or someone else.

Yep it looks like he just wants to see out his contract and move for free, without a fee involved he's in the driving seat in terms of a higher salary and probably a choice of Clubs..

You can't blame him, agree not a chance of him wanting to sit on the bench here..
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:25 - Jan 28 with 6220 viewsGuthrum

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 by clive_baker

Got to be a girl, it's the only explanation.

I think he's probably just had a bit of smoke blown up his ar5e in Swindon and thoroughly enjoyed it, so wants a move there permanently. Who knows, he might have met someone off the pitch who he wants to be near. Could be any number of reasons really that he doesn't want to commit to staying at Ipswich longer than his current deal.

If that is the case, why not discuss it with the club? Maybe a transfer or another loan could be arranged. At the very least he'd have got to stay down there until the summer.

Perhaps the terms of the deal on the table were way below what he was expecting (or thought he'd been promised at some point)? But even then, there's little to be gained by refusing outright to negotiate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:26 - Jan 28 with 6195 viewsJakeITFC

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Probably because we attract Premier League and Championship players - there's probably no situation where he's even third choice forward for us next season, regardless of our division.
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:27 - Jan 28 with 6147 viewsGuthrum

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:23 - Jan 28 by strikalite

Yep it looks like he just wants to see out his contract and move for free, without a fee involved he's in the driving seat in terms of a higher salary and probably a choice of Clubs..

You can't blame him, agree not a chance of him wanting to sit on the bench here..

Except his driving seat isn't bolted down if the club have the option of another year.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:28 - Jan 28 with 6121 viewsclive_baker

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:25 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

If that is the case, why not discuss it with the club? Maybe a transfer or another loan could be arranged. At the very least he'd have got to stay down there until the summer.

Perhaps the terms of the deal on the table were way below what he was expecting (or thought he'd been promised at some point)? But even then, there's little to be gained by refusing outright to negotiate.

Maybe he tried. If the club says sign it or we're calling you back, what do you do?

All hypothetical of course, but there's 2 sides to every story.

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:29 - Jan 28 with 6078 viewsBlueBlood90

Not sure if I'm in a minority by saying this but I 'm actually happy and think it's quite refreshing that we've recalled him and stuck him in the U18s if that's the case. We've been walked all over by players in the past and this shows we're not a soft touch anymore.

If this is true and he won't discuss a new deal then I'd trigger his extension and sell to the highest bidder regardless of where he actually wants to go.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 6028 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:29 - Jan 28 by BlueBlood90

Not sure if I'm in a minority by saying this but I 'm actually happy and think it's quite refreshing that we've recalled him and stuck him in the U18s if that's the case. We've been walked all over by players in the past and this shows we're not a soft touch anymore.

If this is true and he won't discuss a new deal then I'd trigger his extension and sell to the highest bidder regardless of where he actually wants to go.

Yep, club comes first over any player.
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 6021 viewsxrayspecs

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:23 - Jan 28 by strikalite

In which case, the club are fully justified in recalling him
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 6022 viewsWestcountryblue

If that's the case, then that's incredibly poor form from Tyreece.

The club took a real punt on him when they first brought him into the academy in 2018 on a two year scholarship. He was a bits and pieces footballer with his background being more in athletics and rugby. The club and it's coaches have obviously worked incredibly hard with Tyreece, rewarding him with first team opportunities and also facilitating a great development loan for him this season.

Like we did last season, if someone doesn't want to represent the club, they should be moved on immediately.
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:33 - Jan 28 with 5964 viewshype313

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:29 - Jan 28 by BlueBlood90

Agreed, we have had pur trousers pulled down so many times, trigger the extension, then see which clubs would want to bid.

Otherwise he faces 18 months in the U18's, not ideal for his development.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:34 - Jan 28 with 5945 viewsFreddies_Ears

If he is refusing to talk to us (or, his agent isn't being cooperative), it may well be he has been tapped up by another club. Chelsea have form...
Tyreece Simpson update on 10:34 - Jan 28 with 5923 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:26 - Jan 28 by JakeITFC

Probably because we attract Premier League and Championship players - there's probably no situation where he's even third choice forward for us next season, regardless of our division.

I might be wrong but I think Glassers was being rather sarcastic there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024