Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away kit question 12:56 - Jan 29 with 886 viewsrgp1

Prior to the yellow shirt with blue collar early 70s what colour was the away shirt in the 60s? Thanks
Away kit question on 13:03 - Jan 29 with 850 viewsgainsboroughblue

https://itfcshop.com/1889-56755-kit-history-poster

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Away kit question on 13:36 - Jan 29 with 749 viewsMillsey

Let’s hope it never ever a yellow shirt, worst strip ever with the blue 😞😞😞😞😞
Away kit question on 13:40 - Jan 29 with 744 viewsMetal_Hacker

Away kit question on 13:36 - Jan 29 by Millsey

Let’s hope it never ever a yellow shirt, worst strip ever with the blue 😞😞😞😞😞

Always thought the yellow and blue was always a good looking away kit. Runs a close second to the orange ones we’ve had for me personally

Seeing MM is the yellow and blue was superb

Poll: If it were one or the other

Away kit question on 14:09 - Jan 29 with 671 viewsMisterBlue

I believe we wore red as a change kit before yellow was ever introduced.

Away kit question on 14:21 - Jan 29 with 646 viewsRadlett_blue

Pedantic technical point - it was (& still should be) "change" kit, not "away". Back in those happy days, Town wore blue & white unless an obvious colour clash (and the away team changed occasionally if the game was going to be on MotD & both wore dark shirts, e.g. Man U wore all white at PR in February 1973. Also no worries about irrelevant "clashes of shorts" then).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Away kit question on 14:29 - Jan 29 with 623 viewsMisterBlue

Away kit question on 14:21 - Jan 29 by Radlett_blue

Pedantic technical point - it was (& still should be) "change" kit, not "away". Back in those happy days, Town wore blue & white unless an obvious colour clash (and the away team changed occasionally if the game was going to be on MotD & both wore dark shirts, e.g. Man U wore all white at PR in February 1973. Also no worries about irrelevant "clashes of shorts" then).

love the pictures from this article - Town and opposition, both in stripes (presumably they are different colours)

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-unique-tale-from-the-seco
Away kit question on 15:20 - Jan 29 with 521 viewsThe_Major

Away kit question on 14:21 - Jan 29 by Radlett_blue

That's true, I'm sure I've seen footage of a Celtic v Hibs game in days of yore where it's green as far as the eye can see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024