Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No need to overreact to that 19:12 - Jan 29 with 958 viewsjasondozzell

Very disappointing of course but I thought again that you can see exactly what McKenna is doing with us. We look good in possession and we're playing a good brand of football. Just not quite making it count with final ball.

It will take time but I think he's improving us and I like how calm he is. There's no need to overreact to today. People saying things like the new signing from Bristol City is useless - I just do not understand it! Think he looked good at Wimbledon and tried to do right things today.

Wish Woolfy has scored with his little run into box at end

Long journey home now.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:16]
No need to overreact to that on 19:20 - Jan 29 with 880 viewsjayessess

Indeed. A lot of people saying the season is over, but in reality we've won 4 of our last 6 games, only 2 at home. We just lost one of the harder away games in the division by the odd goal and without our entire first choice midfield.

Keep that sort of level going for the rest of the season and we'll not be far off. Exceed it even a little and we'll be snapping at the heels of the Top 6 by March 1st!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:24]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No need to overreact to that on 19:23 - Jan 29 with 858 viewsjasondozzell

No need to overreact to that on 19:20 - Jan 29 by jayessess

Indeed. A lot of people saying the season is over, but in reality we've won 4 of our last 6 games, only 2 at home. We just lost one of the harder away games in the division by the odd goal and without our entire first choice midfield.

Keep that sort of level going for the rest of the season and we'll not be far off. Exceed it even a little and we'll be snapping at the heels of the Top 6 by March 1st!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:24]

Exactly. Pretty good effort considering no Morsy or Evans and then no Carroll!

I agree. I think we'll certainly have something to play for going into last month or so.
No need to overreact to that on 19:46 - Jan 29 with 785 viewsGuthrum

From iFollow it looked mainly as if their harrying and two-on-one tackling were what kept the game in their favour after the early goal - itself a breakaway somewhat against the run of play. We simply didn't have the space to work with our usual (under McKenna) fluidity, there was almost no way through and they were sharp enough to cut out passes.

Gamesmanship, but in the opposite sense to Accrington: Not dirty, but preventing us from playing through effort and physical strength. They were also very quick on the break.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No need to overreact to that on 19:57 - Jan 29 with 714 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No need to overreact to that on 19:46 - Jan 29 by Guthrum

From iFollow it looked mainly as if their harrying and two-on-one tackling were what kept the game in their favour after the early goal - itself a breakaway somewhat against the run of play. We simply didn't have the space to work with our usual (under McKenna) fluidity, there was almost no way through and they were sharp enough to cut out passes.

Gamesmanship, but in the opposite sense to Accrington: Not dirty, but preventing us from playing through effort and physical strength. They were also very quick on the break.

This is where Morsy was missed. He can occupy 2 or 3 opponents, shrug them off, lay off a pass and space will have been created for others to run in to.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No need to overreact to that on 19:59 - Jan 29 with 708 viewsGuthrum

No need to overreact to that on 19:57 - Jan 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

This is where Morsy was missed. He can occupy 2 or 3 opponents, shrug them off, lay off a pass and space will have been created for others to run in to.

Tho I thought Bakinson didn't do too badly in distribution and making the odd run. He looks a fairly big unit, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No need to overreact to that on 20:10 - Jan 29 with 653 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No need to overreact to that on 19:59 - Jan 29 by Guthrum

Tho I thought Bakinson didn't do too badly in distribution and making the odd run. He looks a fairly big unit, too.

I didn't particularly focus on him but got the feeling that he couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough and the only forward pass that comes to mind was played blind without having a clue if we had a player there.....we didn't! Mizouni on the other hand grew into the game in the second half.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024