Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loanees 22:36 - Jan 29 with 1151 viewsblueboyd

Why are some folk slamming the new loan players after 1 and 2 games?! - it is incredibly harsh....
loanees on 23:20 - Jan 29 with 1077 viewsFightingEssex

I don’t understand the point in signing more players on loan unless we need to cover for injury. It’s a policy that’s not done us many favours of the past decade and I can’t see it improving us this season, just pouring money down the drain on midfielders we can’t play. It’s just signing for signings sake again.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

loanees on 23:24 - Jan 29 with 1067 viewsBondiBlue

Because we've just got used to our new team and now there are yet more strangers in our team?

Bakinson has looked very average for me. Thompson should have stopped the cross for the goal.

Poll: Which would you accept?

loanees on 23:37 - Jan 29 with 1052 viewsRocky

Because we lost.
Scapegoat FC is in full flight.
loanees on 23:59 - Jan 29 with 1043 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

loanees on 23:37 - Jan 29 by Rocky

Because we lost.
Scapegoat FC is in full flight.

100% this

I don't think, despite the ridiculous amount of practise they've had... that a majority of fans can process defeat
loanees on 08:18 - Jan 30 with 897 viewsElephantintheRoom

Because they are utterly pointless, disruptive - and demoralising for players that actually play for Town?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

loanees on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 846 viewswkj

loanees on 08:18 - Jan 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Because they are utterly pointless, disruptive - and demoralising for players that actually play for Town?

we're talking about the loanees, not your posts.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

loanees on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 786 viewsGuthrum

Because prople are unwilling to credit the opposition with effective tactics which nullified our attacking threat by not allowing any space or time on the ball, plus crowding the active playing zone so they were able to intercept a lot of our passes.

Stylistically, we are not a team of hard-tackling bruisers (certainly with Morsy out), so we didn't have the tools to counter that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

loanees on 09:55 - Jan 30 with 768 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

loanees on 23:59 - Jan 29 by Bury_St_Edmundson

100% this

I don't think, despite the ridiculous amount of practise they've had... that a majority of fans can process defeat

Same reason they moan about the intonation of Brenner's voice.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

loanees on 10:01 - Jan 30 with 750 viewsWickets

Maybe they just dont understand football ? one more poor game and some will be saying manager out !
loanees on 10:08 - Jan 30 with 734 viewsGuthrum

loanees on 09:55 - Jan 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Same reason they moan about the intonation of Brenner's voice.

Hearing the SheffWed commentary on iFollow yesterday reminded me of how good Woolley, Mills and the others actually are. But then perhaps some people want biased cheerleading rather than useful, objective analysis.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

loanees on 11:51 - Jan 30 with 656 viewsRIPbobby

loanees on 10:08 - Jan 30 by Guthrum

Hearing the SheffWed commentary on iFollow yesterday reminded me of how good Woolley, Mills and the others actually are. But then perhaps some people want biased cheerleading rather than useful, objective analysis.

We are very one sided in this country when it comes to commentary. You watch a nhl game and follow the home teams commentators and it is hard to tell which team is theirs. They always look for good play and a decent match. Quite refreshing really.
loanees on 12:20 - Jan 30 with 631 viewsgreyhound

Supporting Ipswich is
1-never thinking the opposition are just better than us so therefore will win
2-always finding 1 or 2 players to blame for everything and never crediting them with anything good
3-still believing we should be competing for European places because we did it a couple of times before
4-deciding who to turn on before they have kicked a ball or taken a training session

I've never known it to be different, and because of our plight for the last 20 years we haven't had the opportunity to witness how that would change in the vastly different digital and social media landscape we now have.
loanees on 12:23 - Jan 30 with 620 viewsRetroITFC

loanees on 10:01 - Jan 30 by Wickets

Maybe they just dont understand football ? one more poor game and some will be saying manager out !

You don't realise how true you are. One defeat and the knives come out looking to over-react. One win and it goes overboard with "HMS P*ss the League" etc.

The modern supporter can't take one win/loss in isolation and accept it for just that, rather than it means we're great or terrible.
loanees on 12:26 - Jan 30 with 613 viewsChurchman

loanees on 08:18 - Jan 30 by ElephantintheRoom

You must be pleased your boys are making such a spirited attempt to avoid relegation. Well done Dean Smith I say. Not sure about that away kit though. The colour reminded me of the plate on old peoples’ false teeth.
loanees on 12:26 - Jan 30 with 613 viewsDavoIPB

loanees on 12:20 - Jan 30 by greyhound

Supporting Ipswich is
1-never thinking the opposition are just better than us so therefore will win
2-always finding 1 or 2 players to blame for everything and never crediting them with anything good
3-still believing we should be competing for European places because we did it a couple of times before
4-deciding who to turn on before they have kicked a ball or taken a training session

I've never known it to be different, and because of our plight for the last 20 years we haven't had the opportunity to witness how that would change in the vastly different digital and social media landscape we now have.

Exactly this. Except that we can see the tactics didn't work yesterday and its frustrating to watch a team with greater potential play badly every other game.
loanees on 13:14 - Jan 30 with 578 viewspointofblue

loanees on 23:20 - Jan 29 by FightingEssex

I don’t understand the point in signing more players on loan unless we need to cover for injury. It’s a policy that’s not done us many favours of the past decade and I can’t see it improving us this season, just pouring money down the drain on midfielders we can’t play. It’s just signing for signings sake again.

No Coulsen, no Penney, no KVY.
No Morsy, No Evans, no Carroll. Admittedly we could have played Harper.

Think we need the cover.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 13:21]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

loanees on 13:17 - Jan 30 with 570 viewsDarth_Koont

Hot Take era.

Some people feel a desperate need to “call it” as early as possible.

As someone else pointed out, Edmundson’s and Aluko’s debuts were underwhelming and even Celina looked well off the pace on his. On the other side, Edwards and Harper looked like the main men (and still could be) when they came in.

I expect they’re also the sort of people who think anecdotal evidence and opinions are not just the same as statistics and facts, but even more valid just because it’s their anecdote or opinion.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024