Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) 09:32 - Jan 30 with 12630 viewsSimonds92

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:41 - Jan 30 with 6037 viewstractordownsouth

Awful wasn’t it? Won’t post it on here because it’s quite a distressing listen/viewing but yeah I don’t see how he can get away with it.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:42 - Jan 30 with 6020 viewsDeepBlueSea

God, I made the mistake of listening to that audio. I feel sick. With the obvious caveats of if it’s real, if it’s definitely him etc, I hope he never plays again.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 6003 viewsDanTheMan

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:41 - Jan 30 by tractordownsouth

Awful wasn’t it? Won’t post it on here because it’s quite a distressing listen/viewing but yeah I don’t see how he can get away with it.

Saw the photo first, listened to the audio afterwards.

What a scumbag.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:50 - Jan 30 with 5897 viewsSamWhiteUK

Wow, if that's real, lock the fcking cnt up
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 5852 viewsBiGDonnie

Wow. He's done. T&sser.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:06 - Jan 30 with 5752 viewsSimonds92

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 09:41 - Jan 30 by tractordownsouth

I assume this is one of those where you have to be careful what you say for legal reasons but surely if it's proven to be him he should be going the same way as Benjamin Mendy. Blokes an idiot, he's already had a few chances in his short career.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 5695 viewsChurchman

Assuming this for real and is as it reads and sounds, I hope that animal is thrown out of the game and gets what he deserves. But he won’t be.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:20 - Jan 30 with 5582 viewsgtsb1966

I've just seen and heard it. He's finished. Nobody will touch him now and rightly so. He actually could end up in prison anyway it's so serious.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:25 - Jan 30 with 5506 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor woman. Horrendous what she's been through.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:41 - Jan 30 with 5357 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

*If proven to be true* He will be doing time inside. There can be no defence for domestic violence, particularly with the wider narrative nationally and the violence against women. Those injuries easily amount to ABH and the allegation of sexual assault as well add weight to a violent relationship.

I hope he is nowhere near a football pitch until there is an outcome and the victim is not hounded by morons on Twitter and the wider national media
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:59 - Jan 30 with 5195 viewsgtsb1966

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 10:41 - Jan 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

*If proven to be true* He will be doing time inside. There can be no defence for domestic violence, particularly with the wider narrative nationally and the violence against women. Those injuries easily amount to ABH and the allegation of sexual assault as well add weight to a violent relationship.

I hope he is nowhere near a football pitch until there is an outcome and the victim is not hounded by morons on Twitter and the wider national media

Sexual assault you say. Whoever is saying it in the video ( won't mention names for obvious reasons) could be done for rape surely.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 11:05 - Jan 30 with 5121 viewsbilllm

Just read about it, dispicatal, won't play again in the UK,
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 11:18 - Jan 30 with 4993 viewsOriginalMarkyP

That is truly horrible.

What a terrible human being.

And probably not the first time, because for her to have the wherewithall to record it, she had to be prepared.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:03 - Jan 30 with 4737 viewsStrimmer

His career SHOULD be done and also his liberty. But I point you towards a) the states horrifying inability (unwillingness?) to prosecute sexual assault and domestic abuse and b) footballs willingness to forgive, forget , brush under the carpet to say nothings a given in this case. It’s a stain on society but frankly all too common that men get away with this

Poll: Was it a punch?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:06 - Jan 30 with 4707 viewsZXBlue

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:03 - Jan 30 by Strimmer

His career SHOULD be done and also his liberty. But I point you towards a) the states horrifying inability (unwillingness?) to prosecute sexual assault and domestic abuse and b) footballs willingness to forgive, forget , brush under the carpet to say nothings a given in this case. It’s a stain on society but frankly all too common that men get away with this

I am not sure that the state is unable or unwilling to prosecute.

The difficulty is 1- the system is currently completely underfunded and backlogged and 2- its an inherently difficult thing to prove.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:22 - Jan 30 with 4563 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve seen the images, which are appalling. Not heard the audio and have no particular wish to. He’s a coward for hitting a woman. And he should do time.

Will it end his career? It should but Gazza is still regarded as a national treasure, despite inflicting his former wife Sheryl to years of mental and physical abuse.

I would imagine Man U will do everything to get him help and rehabilitate him in the public eye.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 12:25]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 30 with 4494 viewsMerseyBlue

Absolutely horrific if true. Either way he's done in this country.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 30 with 4431 viewsZXBlue

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:22 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve seen the images, which are appalling. Not heard the audio and have no particular wish to. He’s a coward for hitting a woman. And he should do time.

Will it end his career? It should but Gazza is still regarded as a national treasure, despite inflicting his former wife Sheryl to years of mental and physical abuse.

I would imagine Man U will do everything to get him help and rehabilitate him in the public eye.

I think that times are different and the tolerance for such things is far less than it was.

Also Greenwood does not have the benefit of being a national hero and a superficially lovable chracter.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 30 with 4408 viewsChurchman

Sadly, you are quite right on this and national treasure Gazza is a good example. There are plenty of them. The usual excuse is ‘he’s served his time’ or ‘it was a mistake and everyone deserves a second chance’ etc etc.

I don’t think football, like most sports, has much in the way of morality. Just look at how characters like Alex Higgins and Tiger Woods are lionised. It’s all about the money.
Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:42 - Jan 30 with 4344 viewspointofblue

If true, that should be it for his footballing career and the police should take over looking after him rather than Manchester United.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:42 - Jan 30 with 4346 viewstractordownsouth

The audio is worse than the photos - I don’t see how he can recover from it. This isn’t my viewpoint and I have no legal knowledge of note but I could see how someone would get away with the photos by claiming there’s a lack of evidence. The audio clip has his voice in so much harder to wriggle out of that.

Another thing that strikes me about it is that the clip is from when he was 18. I struggle to comprehend how someone can become such an awful person at such a young age.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:46 - Jan 30 with 4298 viewspointofblue

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:42 - Jan 30 by tractordownsouth

The audio is worse than the photos - I don’t see how he can recover from it. This isn’t my viewpoint and I have no legal knowledge of note but I could see how someone would get away with the photos by claiming there’s a lack of evidence. The audio clip has his voice in so much harder to wriggle out of that.

Another thing that strikes me about it is that the clip is from when he was 18. I struggle to comprehend how someone can become such an awful person at such a young age.

Wanting to be careful what to say due to the legal ramifications but I can think of one way a lawyer would try and defend him regarding the audio.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:50 - Jan 30 with 4250 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Different time in 1996. Opinions on women's rights are far more prominent today (quite rightly). Lots of 'Lads Mags' still doing the rounds then too.

I don't think Gazza was ever alleged to have tried to rape Sheryl either. I'm not saying the Gazza case wasn't shocking by the way, but if he had been playing and done it now, he'd be done in this country too.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 12:50]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:51 - Jan 30 with 4230 viewsghostofescobar

This has been bubbling for many, many months. A Man U mate of mine told about this kind of thing from (allegedly) Greenwood probably 18 months ago. I have no idea why this hasn’t come out until now. Obviously with all the caveats around what’s actually gone on, this is sickening. Why do so many men feel the need to physically abuse anyone, I just don’t get it. Do men feel threatened and violence is the last power that they hold? If this is true, I hope that firstly the young lady gets all the help she needs, and secondly I hope that Greenwood goes to prison for a long time and never kicks a ball again.

GhostOfEscobar

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:55 - Jan 30 with 4167 viewsZXBlue

Looks like Greenwood's career is done. (n/t) on 12:51 - Jan 30 by ghostofescobar

This has been bubbling for many, many months. A Man U mate of mine told about this kind of thing from (allegedly) Greenwood probably 18 months ago. I have no idea why this hasn’t come out until now. Obviously with all the caveats around what’s actually gone on, this is sickening. Why do so many men feel the need to physically abuse anyone, I just don’t get it. Do men feel threatened and violence is the last power that they hold? If this is true, I hope that firstly the young lady gets all the help she needs, and secondly I hope that Greenwood goes to prison for a long time and never kicks a ball again.

It is usually insecurity, ego, poor emotional control over anger or frustration.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024