Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser 16:53 - Jan 30 with 2686 viewscbower

According to EADT. Nolan gone / Fraser maybe. Something in Matete?

bluescouser

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 16:55 - Jan 30 with 2644 viewsgordon

Well, Morsy + Evans + El Mizouni + Bakinson + Harper + Carroll should be more than enough for two places.

If it were me I'd not have brought in Bakinson and gone for Matete instead, but what do I know, I'd have signed Scott Twine last summer rather than Fraser.
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 16:56 - Jan 30 with 2616 viewsParky

Silly to let him go at this stage, in my opinion. Played out of position under Cook, not yet been given a chance under McKenna and our new style of play.

He’s better than Carroll, El Miz, Harper and Bakinson.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 16:58]
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 16:57 - Jan 30 with 2605 viewsKieran_Knows

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 16:55 - Jan 30 by gordon

Well, Morsy + Evans + El Mizouni + Bakinson + Harper + Carroll should be more than enough for two places.

If it were me I'd not have brought in Bakinson and gone for Matete instead, but what do I know, I'd have signed Scott Twine last summer rather than Fraser.

Harper and El Mizouni are available for loan though and have offers in for them?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 17:00 - Jan 30 with 2562 viewscbower

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 16:57 - Jan 30 by Kieran_Knows

Harper and El Mizouni are available for loan though and have offers in for them?

That fact adds even more to the mix doesn't it. Plus I don't really see Carroll myself.

bluescouser

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 17:28 - Jan 30 with 2338 viewsLankHenners

It's not really worked for Fraser here and can't say I've been that impressed with him when he's played - if he receives the ball in that half space outside the box on the left hand side then he's capable of putting in a very good ball but otherwise has looked too slow and not dynamic enough for what it appears we need - but get the feeling he's someone who will do really well when he leaves us.

Assuming Harper and El-Miz go on loan in addition to Fraser leaving and we have Matete in, that gives us Morsy, Evans, Matete, Bakinson and Carroll for what seems like is going to be two positions in that midfield for the rest of the season. Would then assume at least one of them would go in the summer, especially if we bring anyone else in there.

Can't see us sanctioning all the outgoings without someone coming in anyway as we'd be too light in there and would be a risk with Morsy's likelihood of getting suspended and Carroll's injury-prone nature.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 17:47 - Jan 30 with 2200 viewstractorboy1978

Sounds likely to me that he could well go tomorrow. It feels like he's miles off it - not featured at all under McKenna or since being hauled off at HT at Barrow, and we've never really known what the supposed 'injury' was. The fact Charlton have come back suggests we are up for negotiating and selling. Clearly a very decent player but he's not fit into anything we've tried to do all season under two different managers.
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 17:59 - Jan 30 with 2127 viewsDJR

According to the BBC, he has created 31 chances at 1.63 per game. The only person who comes close is Celina with 21 chances at 1.17 per game. He is our best player at unlocking defences, something we were unable to do yesterday. But I do sense McKenna favours more physical players, so think he will probably be off. With the right team and formation, I think he will do very well.
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 2031 viewsCheltenham_Blue

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 16:55 - Jan 30 by gordon

This. I'll never understand why we didn't try to land Twine. Or maybe we did and Fraser was the B option, much like Barry when we thought Celina was off the cards.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 18:18 - Jan 30 with 1966 viewsDJR

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 18:07 - Jan 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

This. I'll never understand why we didn't try to land Twine. Or maybe we did and Fraser was the B option, much like Barry when we thought Celina was off the cards.

Twine has done well at MK Dons but so did Fraser. They are much more of a footballing side than us and create many more chances throughout the team according the the BBC website. Even Troy Parrott is doing much better than he did with us in terms of goals, assists and chances created. Knowing our luck we'd manage not to get the best out of Scott Twine.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 18:19]
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 18:30 - Jan 30 with 1906 viewsbilllm

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 17:00 - Jan 30 by cbower

That fact adds even more to the mix doesn't it. Plus I don't really see Carroll myself.

Carroll won't be here next season unless we go up,
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:16 - Jan 30 with 1753 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 17:59 - Jan 30 by DJR

According to the BBC, he has created 31 chances at 1.63 per game. The only person who comes close is Celina with 21 chances at 1.17 per game. He is our best player at unlocking defences, something we were unable to do yesterday. But I do sense McKenna favours more physical players, so think he will probably be off. With the right team and formation, I think he will do very well.

Got a link to those stats?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:26 - Jan 30 with 1691 viewsmonty_radio

Yet Celina's failing is surely linked to his lacking physicality in not imposing himself more?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:30 - Jan 30 with 1648 viewsDJR

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:16 - Jan 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Got a link to those stats?

Here's the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers/assists

I think it probably includes corners that Fraser has taken but most other corner-takers rarely get it past the first man.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 19:30]
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:33 - Jan 30 with 1617 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:30 - Jan 30 by DJR

Here's the link

I think it probably includes corners that Fraser has taken but most other corner-takers rarely get it past the first man.

Interesting stats.

Would think we should persevere with him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:54 - Jan 30 with 1532 viewsDJR

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:33 - Jan 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Interesting stats.

Would think we should persevere with him.

The stats show he is a good player but I remember reading early on that McKenna favours the high press, and I am not sure if Fraser is the man for that as he's not that fast or physical. I suppose the other possibility is that he is not happy with his situation and has expressed a desire to leave.
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:56 - Jan 30 with 1521 viewsGuthrum

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:30 - Jan 30 by DJR

Here's the link

I'd like to know how they define "chances created". Plus the appearnce figures seem to be all one or two out, so how accurate is their data?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 20:02 - Jan 30 with 1492 viewsjayessess

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:54 - Jan 30 by DJR

The stats show he is a good player but I remember reading early on that McKenna favours the high press, and I am not sure if Fraser is the man for that as he's not that fast or physical. I suppose the other possibility is that he is not happy with his situation and has expressed a desire to leave.

I think Fraser's a good player and could be a really good option in the first team, especially now we're playing 3-5-2 but... we have so many midfielders. At last count we have 6 first team centre midfielders and 4 attacking midfielders, plus Fraser. That's 11 players for 3 (max 4) positions, which is beyond excessive - we could afford to lose 5 of them and still be relatively well stocked!

If Charlton offer us the chance to recoup the vast majority of our outlay I think the only reason you keep Fraser is if he's imminently in your first team plans, not just as one option amongst many.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 20:19 - Jan 30 with 1423 viewsDJR

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 19:56 - Jan 30 by Guthrum

I'd like to know how they define "chances created". Plus the appearnce figures seem to be all one or two out, so how accurate is their data?

Chances created, according to Opta's website, is defined as "assists plus Key passes" where a Key Pass is "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring".
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 21:34 - Jan 30 with 1241 viewsGarv

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 20:19 - Jan 30 by DJR

Chances created, according to Opta's website, is defined as "assists plus Key passes" where a Key Pass is "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring".

Basically it's a rubbish stat.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 21:40 - Jan 30 with 1203 viewsjayessess

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 21:34 - Jan 30 by Garv

"How many shots did we have from his passes" seems like a pretty straightforward stat to me?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 21:58 - Jan 30 with 1124 viewsDJR

2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 21:34 - Jan 30 by Garv

Surely not. If a team doesn't create chances, it can't score. And the more chances it creates, the more chance it has of scoring. One of our problems is that we aren't very good at creating chances.
2nd Charlton bid for Fraser on 22:40 - Jan 30 with 1001 viewsStokieBlue

That is true with regards to the stats but Celina has twice as many assists as Fraser in one less match so perhaps the chances aren't of as good quality and he's not actually our best player at unlocking defences.

There is clearly a player in there but I don't think it would be awful if he moved on. Sometimes it just doesn't happen at a club.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024