Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? 10:42 - Jan 31 with 1277 viewsDinnernotTea

Reading the backlash of Fraser going has got me confused. In 15 or so games here has there been 1 where he's looked top 6 quality? He always looks leggy to me and not interested.

Might regret it but based on Cook, McGreal & McKenna giving him limited minutes I'm not sure we will. The only club willing to pay money for him are 15th in League One.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 10:43 - Jan 31 with 1250 viewsWD19

What backlash?
Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 10:46 - Jan 31 with 1213 viewsDarth_Koont

Hardly a backlash.

Unfortunately with our big and quickly assembled squad and getting a team together from scratch otherwise proven players like Fraser and Pigott have lost out.

He’s been unlucky IMO even if he’s not going to be getting in ahead of Celina or Aluko who have done better.

Pronouns: He/Him

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 1192 viewsmonty_radio

I hardly think that expressing disappointment that the player that he seemed to be concealing never showed itself constitutes a backlash - it's just regret.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 10:53 - Jan 31 with 1145 viewsElderGrizzly

He has been in the top three for key passes and assists for 3 seasons in League 1.

Not Zidane, but a very good L1 footballer who unfortunately doesn't suit our style of play.

Not a backlash, but disappointment it hasn't worked out
Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 10:58 - Jan 31 with 1106 viewsRobTheMonk

Good player, wrong team. A very odd recruit at the time as didn't really fit into what we were trying to achieve.
Nice hyperbole... (n/t) on 11:05 - Jan 31 with 1046 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 11:11 - Jan 31 with 1003 viewsjayessess

I think people have been pretty measured about his quality. People do seem very happy to stockpile players though?

Personally I'd rather concentrate what resources we have on 20 first team outfielders (with a couple who can play multiple positions), rather than spread our wage bill across 25/30. A high average wage across fewer players is ultimately likelier to mean a good first team.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 11:38 - Jan 31 with 904 viewsBlueBlood90

And how many of those 15 or so games has he actually played in the position where was one of the best in the league last season?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 788 viewsHighgateBlue

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 11:38 - Jan 31 by BlueBlood90

And how many of those 15 or so games has he actually played in the position where was one of the best in the league last season?

The answer is certainly more than zero, and he didn't have great games playing there. But yes, one of the oddities of Cook's kid-in-a-sweet shop spree was that if you can have whatever square pegs you want, why then put them in round holes?
Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 13:28 - Jan 31 with 721 viewsElderGrizzly

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 13:02 - Jan 31 by HighgateBlue

The answer is certainly more than zero, and he didn't have great games playing there. But yes, one of the oddities of Cook's kid-in-a-sweet shop spree was that if you can have whatever square pegs you want, why then put them in round holes?

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 15:56 - Jan 31 with 644 viewsDinnernotTea

Scott Fraser or prime Zidane? on 13:28 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

So why did three different Ipswich managers not play him and no top 6 League One side wants to buy him? Classic case of Ipswich players are better when injured or just sold.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024