Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? 08:12 - Feb 1 with 1214 viewsITFCBlues

Wasn't Scott Barron meant to be returning?

We need to get something in place if we're to be successful. Can't have MA cherry picking old players and hoping things work out. Needs to be a wider and more properly thought out process if we're to be a success.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 08:27 - Feb 1 with 1129 viewsFightingEssex

Did we really need a ton of new signings though? It looks like we brought in cover. We could have spent a fortune and still not have gone up, better to wait until the summer, offload a few more of the bad signings from the summer, let a few loans expire and work from there.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 08:28 - Feb 1 with 1113 viewsITFCBlues

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 08:27 - Feb 1 by FightingEssex

Did we really need a ton of new signings though? It looks like we brought in cover. We could have spent a fortune and still not have gone up, better to wait until the summer, offload a few more of the bad signings from the summer, let a few loans expire and work from there.

I haven't said anywhere that we needed new signings?

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 1040 viewsLeoMuff

Tbf we are trying to land some very good players for this level, compared to the ME years this is heaven

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 09:15 - Feb 1 with 974 viewschicoazul

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 08:51 - Feb 1 by LeoMuff

Tbf we are trying to land some very good players for this level, compared to the ME years this is heaven

And yet after all this time and money we still haven’t landed a single player anywhere near as good as Legwinski de Vos or Jon Walters.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 09:27 - Feb 1 with 931 viewsChurchman

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 09:15 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

And yet after all this time and money we still haven’t landed a single player anywhere near as good as Legwinski de Vos or Jon Walters.

How recruitment actually works is a good question to ask. At the first fans forum MA said a priority was to set a team up. Where are we? How does it work?

We know much of the clubs infrastructure was thrown into the bin by saviour Evans to save money and nothing much was in place this time last year so if nothing has been done since, we have no chance of finding a De Vos or Walters.

I would add that we were a reasonable sized club in those days - not an established middling L1 club scraping a win against Accrington so bringing in decent players is harder.
What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 09:40 - Feb 1 with 888 viewsChrisd

There’s no doubt that MA has done lots of good things for the club since his arrival, nevertheless I find it baffling that signings are paramount down to him, surely discussing with the manager whom he’d like would be far better in the long run? I appreciate MA’s focus might be to sign players and resell at a healthy profit, but surely the best financial gain for the club is getting back up first to the Championship and then into the EPL? To do that, they need a fully functional, collective unit on the pitch, not players it’s worth a punt on as they might make a tidy return in the next couple of transfer windows. If a team is successful, there will be suitors and market values increase, it’s as simple as that but we need to start building one first and that’s still very much in progress currently with plenty of assembling still required by the looks of things.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 9:42]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 789 viewsLeoMuff

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 09:15 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

We were atop level champ side then so likely to attract a much higher level. I would argue Wes Burns could be as good as Walters and Edmundson De Vos,excluding the recent wobble.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 11:07 - Feb 1 with 753 viewsitfcsuth

I'm sure it is something we are looking at.

I'm sure out of all our signings - Tyreeq Bakinson & Wes Burns (who he let go early in to his time at Bristol) are the players who have worked under Ashton before - so a bit of a nonsense statement that.
Login to get fewer ads

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 11:36 - Feb 1 with 700 viewsElephantintheRoom

Recruitment is usually down to blind luck. Even the likes of Jewell can spot a Creswell and I doubt Walters would have been on Town’s radar if they hadn’t played Chester in the FA Cup in an era when trying to exit cups asap wasn’t the height of fashion. You’re also being a tad selective - the likes of Mings and Bart have been recruited since the decline gathered pace. Even today if you sign 19 players seemingly on a whim it’s not that surprising if half a dozen work out - and one is actually quite good. And don’t forget - a highly skilled £25 million striker slipped through the net recently as well

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 11:56 - Feb 1 with 647 viewsFPL_Tractor

Is Gary Probert essentially in charge of this at the moment? But yeah, I've not seen a "Head of Recruitment" or a load of analysts come to the club. I presume we have scouts.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 12:10 - Feb 1 with 584 viewsITFCBlues

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 11:07 - Feb 1 by itfcsuth

I'm sure it is something we are looking at.

I'm sure out of all our signings - Tyreeq Bakinson & Wes Burns (who he let go early in to his time at Bristol) are the players who have worked under Ashton before - so a bit of a nonsense statement that.

Edwards, Barry & Harper with the WBA links?

I'm sure there was mention of some others who all shared the same agent...

What happened to the recruitment team that was being setup? on 12:15 - Feb 1 with 571 viewsgordon

Think our recruitment has been average since the takeover - Walton, Chaplin, Morsy and Edmundson were players with decent reputations that were big coups and pretty likely to succeed.

Of the rest, Burns is really the only player we've picked up from League One level or lower that's actually looked a canny signing. Ultimately, the likes of Burgess, Fraser, Penney, Carroll, Harper, Edwards, Evans, Hladky, Pigott are unlikely to be here in a couple of years.

Bit suprised we haven't looked towards a younger age bracket - Matete will likely be excellent for Sunderland now, and Scott Twine was the obvious one in the summer that we (presumably) didn't go for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024