Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? 12:37 - Feb 1 with 2275 viewsberkstractorboy

If the FA are happy to charge one of our players via footage seen on social media that alerted the ref (and the completely blind 4th official missed it under his nose), why are they not charging Andy Holt as a Club Official of bringing the game into disrepute with his social media comments about SM?
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:44 - Feb 1 with 2204 viewsFixed_It

Why are you asking Phil?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:44 - Feb 1 with 2202 viewsParsley

It's just how he rolls
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:44 - Feb 1 with 2203 viewsMetal_Hacker

For me it's a pointless exercise

I'd rather we have a bit of decorum , not stoop to their levels and crack on

Revenge is sweet as they say when least expected

If we did , it'd not get SM out of the ban so.........

Poll: If it were one or the other

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:50 - Feb 1 with 2141 viewsSitfcB

I think the FA probably had a word and told him he had to make a statement hence the ‘apology’.

Should’ve been charged and fined though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:53 - Feb 1 with 2114 viewsberkstractorboy

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:44 - Feb 1 by Fixed_It

Why are you asking Phil?

Because maybe he might know more about this given his connections that's all. Maybe its fine they can say what they want from personal twitter accounts and he had a slipped wrist from FA and was told to apologise which he did in a very Boris sorry, not sorry manner.
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:56 - Feb 1 with 2098 viewsIllinoisblue

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:44 - Feb 1 by Metal_Hacker

I’d rather we went to war than showed some decorum. Next time we play Accrington it should be full on cold water in the showers, no heat, kiosks closed for away fans, slash tyres on their bus, etc. *

* joking of course, no need for any of that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:56 - Feb 1 with 2097 viewsPhilTWTD

Agree, surprising that his comments didn't lead to some censure.
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:57 - Feb 1 with 2083 viewsberkstractorboy

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:44 - Feb 1 by Metal_Hacker

To get justice for what is an unacceptable comment. Why is it OK to charge SM and Holt get away with it. Agree it does little but its an example not to get away with it.

Personally if I was FA I'd be more worried about the tackles that could have caused serious long term injuries, 2 in the Huddersfield v Stoke game and one against Man City which went to VAR and somehow the player still stayed on when studding Laporte in his thigh. Studs up and high!!
Login to get fewer ads

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:00 - Feb 1 with 2071 viewsIllinoisblue

I did try….

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:04 - Feb 1 with 2007 viewsOriginalMarkyP

He'll get his. Oh, boy will he get his.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:04 - Feb 1 with 2013 viewsJimmy86

Posted a similar thread the other day and agree, 100%
Leaves a bad taste in the mouth, as I'm sure that Holt's outburst had an effect in the FA becoming aware of the incident... FA haven't covered themselves in glory with this in all honesty..
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:06 - Feb 1 with 1982 viewsJimmy86

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:00 - Feb 1 by Illinoisblue

I did try….

Good effort my man! If I was on twitter I'd definitely re-tweet that.. Also bet you don't get a reply... FA are a bunch of dossers
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:09 - Feb 1 with 1956 viewsberkstractorboy

I did try….

V good. I did also tweet the FA and FA spokesman but of course have heard nothing,
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:10 - Feb 1 with 1948 viewsberkstractorboy

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:56 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Agree, surprising that his comments didn't lead to some censure.

Thanks Phil, mates at FA turning a blind eye then.
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:11 - Feb 1 with 1929 viewsNthQldITFC

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:56 - Feb 1 by Illinoisblue

I’d rather we went to war than showed some decorum. Next time we play Accrington it should be full on cold water in the showers, no heat, kiosks closed for away fans, slash tyres on their bus, etc. *

* joking of course, no need for any of that.

Drink all their fekken milk, that'll learn 'em.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:32 - Feb 1 with 1830 viewsTrequartista

Amusing to discover that Lawrie Sanchez (Wimbledon 1984-1994) construed that as violent conduct.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:39 - Feb 1 with 1769 viewsSitfcB

I did try….

Find it funny that the tweet is still there ha.

Although the tweet he RTd with the video has been deleted, probably at the request of the FA

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:47 - Feb 1 with 1717 viewsGarv

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 12:57 - Feb 1 by berkstractorboy

To get justice for what is an unacceptable comment. Why is it OK to charge SM and Holt get away with it. Agree it does little but its an example not to get away with it.

Personally if I was FA I'd be more worried about the tackles that could have caused serious long term injuries, 2 in the Huddersfield v Stoke game and one against Man City which went to VAR and somehow the player still stayed on when studding Laporte in his thigh. Studs up and high!!

Any tackle could cause long term injury, thankfully most don't.

Let's not start deflecting away from an act of silliness from Morsy by picking random tackles from the same weekend which went unpunished.

The Armstrong tackle on Laporte didn't deserve a red anyway. It was high but not excessive force. That was a rare sensible decision after review.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:55 - Feb 1 with 1648 viewsberkstractorboy

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:47 - Feb 1 by Garv

Any tackle could cause long term injury, thankfully most don't.

Let's not start deflecting away from an act of silliness from Morsy by picking random tackles from the same weekend which went unpunished.

The Armstrong tackle on Laporte didn't deserve a red anyway. It was high but not excessive force. That was a rare sensible decision after review.

Morsy was silly but I am disputing that evidence is clearly showing a strike to the face to find him guilty, it doesn't from the footage we can see. We will all have opinions on it and I don't condone what SM did if he really did punch him.

The reason I raise the Armstrong tackle, and I disagree with you how is that not a reckless tackle as high and studs up, forget excessive force, is looking at what Armstrong did and Morsy, which is more dangerous to an opponent? One was seriously more dangerous than the other, one a player got up after a few secs with not a mark on him, the other the player down for a couple of mins getting treatment.
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 14:10 - Feb 1 with 1591 viewsGarv

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:55 - Feb 1 by berkstractorboy

Morsy was silly but I am disputing that evidence is clearly showing a strike to the face to find him guilty, it doesn't from the footage we can see. We will all have opinions on it and I don't condone what SM did if he really did punch him.

The reason I raise the Armstrong tackle, and I disagree with you how is that not a reckless tackle as high and studs up, forget excessive force, is looking at what Armstrong did and Morsy, which is more dangerous to an opponent? One was seriously more dangerous than the other, one a player got up after a few secs with not a mark on him, the other the player down for a couple of mins getting treatment.

I agree the evidence on Morsy isn't exactly conclusive, so the ban feels very harsh. Form tells us Morsy probably is that kind of player though. Did we even appeal it in the end?

Think the difference is the malicious nature of Morsy vs Armstrong. Armstrong is going for a ball that is knee height, he can't really challenge in any other way - the alternative is pull out the tackle completely. On the whole it was honest, if clumsy.

Morsy lashed out, basically. Whether he connected with the guy's face or not, it's almost irrelevant.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 1522 viewsberkstractorboy

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 14:10 - Feb 1 by Garv

I agree the evidence on Morsy isn't exactly conclusive, so the ban feels very harsh. Form tells us Morsy probably is that kind of player though. Did we even appeal it in the end?

Think the difference is the malicious nature of Morsy vs Armstrong. Armstrong is going for a ball that is knee height, he can't really challenge in any other way - the alternative is pull out the tackle completely. On the whole it was honest, if clumsy.

Morsy lashed out, basically. Whether he connected with the guy's face or not, it's almost irrelevant.

Valid points, just all seems a little harsh comparing the 2 and which endangers a player more.

We couldn't appeal it and seems zero point as the FA do what they want anyway.
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 1215 viewsHighgateBlue

Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 13:10 - Feb 1 by berkstractorboy

Thanks Phil, mates at FA turning a blind eye then.

Who knows whether he will be charged, and if not, why not.

But to suggest that it is because he is pally with the FA is ludicrous. Back in August his club was fined in relation to Covid, and he publicly told the FA to "shove it". So no, like most conspiracies theories, it is easily debunked by the evidence.

Petty vengeance isn't going to get Morsy back. And it's certainly not gonna stop it from happening again. That will be down to Morsy, and whether he can lead by example on matters of discipline.
Phil - why are the FA not charging Holt? on 18:55 - Feb 1 with 1050 viewsbackwaywhen

Let’s just give him the warmest of welcomes when returns to PR , that way we all get to have our say .
Ps he will not look forward to ever coming back here .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024