Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook to return? 15:30 - Feb 2 with 1444 viewscbower

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/former-ipswich-town-portsmouth-

bluescouser

Cook to return? on 15:35 - Feb 2 with 1350 viewsGuthrum

Good for him if prepared to take something like that rather than waiting for a more plum job.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cook to return? on 15:37 - Feb 2 with 1315 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cook to return? on 15:35 - Feb 2 by Guthrum

Good for him if prepared to take something like that rather than waiting for a more plum job.

Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Anything but a slight success and the missing Leam thing becomes an obvious thing imo.

I'm gutted. Of all managers available at the time he looked like the best choice for what we needed. Turned into the worse possible.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cook to return? on 16:15 - Feb 2 with 1059 viewsStadiumofdark

Poor Scott Loach
Cook to return? on 16:35 - Feb 2 with 939 viewsIllinoisblue

Lower league manager to take job at lower league club is perhaps not quite as sensational as the headline suggests.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook to return? on 16:42 - Feb 2 with 879 viewsclive_baker

Strikes me as the right sort of job for him tbh. An old school out and out manager role, involved across the business, dipping into his black book of contacts and doing deals on the golf course. Not to do him an injustice or make excuses for a poor performance but I got the impression the structure at Ipswich wasn't really for him, some managers just don't suit that head coach approach. Surprised he's dropped as far as the National league though, despite his connections there and past. Would've thought a less fashionable L1 or L2 side would be a good next step. Shrewsbury or something. Cotterill must be off soon, he never tends to stay anywhere beyond a couple of years.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cook to return? on 16:52 - Feb 2 with 817 viewsMullet

Pffft beat me by ages! Good for him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cook to return? on 16:59 - Feb 2 with 782 viewsHighgateBlue

Cook to return? on 16:35 - Feb 2 by Illinoisblue

Lower league manager to take job at lower league club is perhaps not quite as sensational as the headline suggests.

In fairness, I don't believe he's managed at non-league level since he was at Southport over 15 years ago. I appreciate that "sensational" is very much pushing it, but for a National League team to get a manager who was fairly recently appointed by a 'big' League One team would be a pretty exciting appointment.

As long as they don't notice Leam's not with him, and the only formation they've heard of is 4-2-3-1...
Cook to return? on 18:25 - Feb 2 with 639 viewsPJH

April 2nd (potentially) Paul Cook's Chesterfield versus Paul Hurst's Grimsby (if he is still there then).

At stake 'The Worst Ever ITFC Manager Trophy'
Login to get fewer ads

Cook to return? on 19:04 - Feb 2 with 552 viewsmarchy

Cook to return? on 18:25 - Feb 2 by PJH

April 2nd (potentially) Paul Cook's Chesterfield versus Paul Hurst's Grimsby (if he is still there then).

At stake 'The Worst Ever ITFC Manager Trophy'

Roll out rent-a-quote Paul Lambert for his priceless insights on the match and you've got a sh*te Paul trifecta.
Cook to return? on 19:56 - Feb 2 with 474 viewsKeno

Cook to return? on 19:04 - Feb 2 by marchy

Roll out rent-a-quote Paul Lambert for his priceless insights on the match and you've got a sh*te Paul trifecta.

with Paul Jewell providing the half time entertainment via a video link?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024