Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) 11:44 - Feb 5 with 576 viewsDarth_Koont

Six Nations starts today. And it looks every bit as tight as last year, also that anyone can win it (bar Italy) given how Wales did last year.

How do people see it finishing? I’m going for:

1. Ireland – possibly the best-ever Six Nations pack and still a very decent back line.
2. France – ridiculous talent throughout and they’ve been together for a number of years
3. Scotland – solid upfront which was always the Achilles heel and possibly the best backline
4. England – unusually underpowered and inexperienced but an exciting, fast team if all clicks
5. Wales – they have a big-game mentality but don’t think they can repeat the same trick this year
6. Italy – still developing and they may pull off a shock result but can’t see them In the mix

Bring it on!

Pronouns: He/Him

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:07 - Feb 5 with 536 viewsFtnfwest

Don't tend to watch it these days chap, but can't see England beating anyone except Italy...maybe!
Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:11 - Feb 5 with 531 viewsDarth_Koont

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:07 - Feb 5 by Ftnfwest

Don't tend to watch it these days chap, but can't see England beating anyone except Italy...maybe!

There’s a number of questions as it feels a very new team. But no reason why they can’t win 2 or 3.

And a bit of a free hit preparing for the World Cup, which I suspect is Eddie Jones’s real goal.

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:19 - Feb 5 with 514 viewsKeno

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:11 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

There’s a number of questions as it feels a very new team. But no reason why they can’t win 2 or 3.

And a bit of a free hit preparing for the World Cup, which I suspect is Eddie Jones’s real goal.

If they click England have a good chance

I fear Ireland will peak a year early again

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:22 - Feb 5 with 500 viewsDarth_Koont

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:19 - Feb 5 by Keno

If they click England have a good chance

I fear Ireland will peak a year early again

They’re still relatively young though.

I think they need to move on from Murray-Sexton soon (but I’ve said that for a year or two and been wrong!).

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:46 - Feb 5 with 471 viewsKeno

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:22 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

They’re still relatively young though.

I think they need to move on from Murray-Sexton soon (but I’ve said that for a year or two and been wrong!).

I used to say the same about O’Gara and Stringer!!

They are a couple of younger players coming through but I’m not sure they are quite ready

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:47 - Feb 5 with 470 viewsSamuelowen88

Last year was a suprise, didnt expected us to do well going into it, so to come out champions was astonishing. But as you say it wont be repeated this year, squad has been somewhat decimated.

Ireland are my favourites, France just always seem to find a way to fk it up.

Scotland i think will do well. Really want them to, they are playing so much better.

England,not sure, could go either way, but im still not convinced with Eddie Jones.

Id go

Ireland
France
Scotland
England/Wales (fighting over 4th 5th)
Italy

I still believe though. Cymru am Byth!!!

Poll: England v Wales Score

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 12:55 - Feb 5 with 459 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's hard to judge with England isn't it, bit of an unknown. Depleted but has the fearlessness of youth.

France, alway impossible to know which version will turn up but at their best a great ball playing side

Ireland have a great pack

Scotland look increasingly like they have turned corner and are no longer automatically fighting it out for the wooden spoon.

Wales not quite the same without Gatland but formidable and used to winning games.

Italy.

Add to that FA Cup football and winter Olympics coverage and its ideal for a lazy weekend.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 436 viewsMattinLondon

I know very little about Union but why are Italy still in it as always seem to get beaten heavily.

Why can’t the bottom placed team be relegated and replaced by a up-and-coming nation? Won’t that make it a bit more interesting and help develop the sport in other countries?
Login to get fewer ads

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 13:30 - Feb 5 with 425 viewspointofblue

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 13:20 - Feb 5 by MattinLondon

I know very little about Union but why are Italy still in it as always seem to get beaten heavily.

Why can’t the bottom placed team be relegated and replaced by a up-and-coming nation? Won’t that make it a bit more interesting and help develop the sport in other countries?

The likes of Georgia and Romania have been pushing for that. Assume it's financial?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 16:40 - Feb 5 with 359 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 13:30 - Feb 5 by pointofblue

The likes of Georgia and Romania have been pushing for that. Assume it's financial?

When you look at the evolution of Argentina and Japan compared to Italy it highlights how still they have stood.

Georgia and Romania I think deserve the chance to take the 6th place, a Tri nations qualifying tournament would be a great idea.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 11:03 - Feb 6 with 288 viewsMattinLondon

Merry Sixmas! (Odd-shaped ball thread) on 16:40 - Feb 5 by BlueandTruesince82

When you look at the evolution of Argentina and Japan compared to Italy it highlights how still they have stood.

Georgia and Romania I think deserve the chance to take the 6th place, a Tri nations qualifying tournament would be a great idea.

And whoever end up bottom of the 6 Nations gets relegated? Seems like a good idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024