Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6th to 10th 17:00 - Feb 5 with 2091 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's your teams challenging for that final play off spot.

We still have to play 6th, 8th and 10th. Important we will all of those.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

6th to 10th on 17:03 - Feb 5 with 2037 viewsDubtractor

I actually think that with Sunderland losing again, the whole of the play off picture is pretty open now. Not saying we're likely to get any higher than 6th, but I think any team currently 2nd to 6th could very easily finish outside the top 6.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

6th to 10th on 17:04 - Feb 5 with 1998 viewsNthQldITFC

Ten man Pompey still hanging on against Oxford, six plus injury time to go for some reason.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

6th to 10th on 17:06 - Feb 5 with 1957 viewsNthQldITFC

6th to 10th on 17:04 - Feb 5 by NthQldITFC

Ten man Pompey still hanging on against Oxford, six plus injury time to go for some reason.

Balls! Sorry.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

6th to 10th on 17:08 - Feb 5 with 1925 viewsGlasgowBlue

6th to 10th on 17:04 - Feb 5 by NthQldITFC

Which is a good result for us in the short term as it puts us 6 points off sixth with the same number of games played. Then you look at Portsmouth and see them 3 points behind us with two games in hand.

Last week's result may well be the one that costs us.

Edit. And it all changes. That Oxford equaliser is a big blow to Pompy. Maybe puts them out of the picture, so now it's the tams from 6th to 9th.

That late Oxford goal makes things a wee but harder for us.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 17:13]

Iron Lion Zion

6th to 10th on 17:09 - Feb 5 with 1896 viewsNthsuffolkblue

10th place is 5 points behind us and I think we are hard pressed to say we are still in the race. It is going to take a phenomenal run to snatch 6th for us. The sort of form we are on since McKenna arrived but for another 16 matches. Portsmouth (12th) would need the same over 18 matches so you could argue they are still in it if you are arguing we are.

I would say, realistically, it is between 2nd and 8th with Wigan in pole position to take 2nd, leaving 3rd to 8th fighting it out for 4 slots.

Would love for us to sneak in, though. COYB!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

6th to 10th on 17:17 - Feb 5 with 1824 viewsGlasgowBlue

6th to 10th on 17:09 - Feb 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

10th place is 5 points behind us and I think we are hard pressed to say we are still in the race. It is going to take a phenomenal run to snatch 6th for us. The sort of form we are on since McKenna arrived but for another 16 matches. Portsmouth (12th) would need the same over 18 matches so you could argue they are still in it if you are arguing we are.

I would say, realistically, it is between 2nd and 8th with Wigan in pole position to take 2nd, leaving 3rd to 8th fighting it out for 4 slots.

Would love for us to sneak in, though. COYB!

10th place was 5 bhind us with two games in hand. That was before Oxford scored and 10th went down to 12th.

We made two points on 6th placed Oxford today. We have 16 games to go. That a possible 48 points.

Iron Lion Zion

6th to 10th on 17:18 - Feb 5 with 1801 viewsNeedhamChris

6th to 10th on 17:17 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

10th place was 5 bhind us with two games in hand. That was before Oxford scored and 10th went down to 12th.

We made two points on 6th placed Oxford today. We have 16 games to go. That a possible 48 points.

What two points on Oxford?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

6th to 10th on 17:20 - Feb 5 with 1777 viewsGlasgowBlue

6th to 10th on 17:18 - Feb 5 by NeedhamChris

What two points on Oxford?

Fcuk they scored again.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

6th to 10th on 17:22 - Feb 5 with 1751 viewsNthsuffolkblue

6th to 10th on 17:17 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, which means on top of the phenomenal form we need, they would also have to win both of their two games in hand.

It is too big an ask for us and for them, as Oxford turning their result around shows.

I do hope I am wrong but, even if we get 2 points per game, I think we may well be short. McKenna is getting us on great form but he started with us 8 points off 6th and we still are.

6th to 10th on 17:24 - Feb 5 with 1740 viewsITFCBlues

The play offs are long gone. No where near consistent enough to bridge a 9 point gap

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

6th to 10th on 17:26 - Feb 5 with 1709 viewsGlasgowBlue

6th to 10th on 17:24 - Feb 5 by ITFCBlues

The play offs are long gone. No where near consistent enough to bridge a 9 point gap

We've won 5 out of 7 under K Mac. That is consistent form.

Iron Lion Zion

6th to 10th on 17:28 - Feb 5 with 1669 viewsFrimleyBlue

6th to 10th on 17:26 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

And 1 point better off than before that run :(

Realistically we need what 8 wins on the bounce to even come close with how other teams are winning.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

6th to 10th on 17:28 - Feb 5 with 1673 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

To the OP.

Nothing the last two weeks suggests to me we are going to create enough opportunities to make that happen. We’ll win a few, lose a few and probably finish around where we are once the other teams play out their games in hand. Hopefully I’m wrong though.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 17:29]
6th to 10th on 17:28 - Feb 5 with 1668 viewsNthsuffolkblue

6th to 10th on 17:24 - Feb 5 by ITFCBlues

"Not consistent enough" at 15 points from 21!

They are gone thanks to the points we had before McKenna arrived. If we had got 30 points from his first ten matches, we would still have been outside the top six.

If McKenna gets us into the play-offs this season, he will achieved something on a par with McCarthy when he kept us up when he joined.

6th to 10th on 17:28 - Feb 5 with 1662 viewsKievthegreat

6th to 10th on 17:26 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

Consistent results, but not consistent performances. Today's game gave me more doubts about our slim chances for the play-offs than the Sheffield Wednesday game.
6th to 10th on 17:29 - Feb 5 with 1651 viewsFightingEssex

Playoffs aren’t happening. There’s not enough in that team to even threaten it. We’ll finish 9th at best.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

6th to 10th on 17:30 - Feb 5 with 1629 viewsDavoIPB

6th to 10th on 17:03 - Feb 5 by Dubtractor

I actually think that with Sunderland losing again, the whole of the play off picture is pretty open now. Not saying we're likely to get any higher than 6th, but I think any team currently 2nd to 6th could very easily finish outside the top 6.

We don't stand a chance. Expect the teams in the top six to pick up too many points for us to catch them and we won't beat mk Dons.
6th to 10th on 17:45 - Feb 5 with 1500 viewsGeomorph

6th to 10th on 17:28 - Feb 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

"Not consistent enough" at 15 points from 21!

They are gone thanks to the points we had before McKenna arrived. If we had got 30 points from his first ten matches, we would still have been outside the top six.

If McKenna gets us into the play-offs this season, he will achieved something on a par with McCarthy when he kept us up when he joined.

3 points from 18 at the start of the season f£cked us… we were probably 10 points off the top 2 back then and have just about treaded water with those above us since. Good start from kmk though
6th to 10th on 17:46 - Feb 5 with 1486 viewsJDB23

6th to 10th on 17:29 - Feb 5 by FightingEssex

Playoffs aren’t happening. There’s not enough in that team to even threaten it. We’ll finish 9th at best.

Yup, even if we carry on the form we’ve been in, our losses will very likely come against the teams above us. Outside of our first 2 games under KMcK we’ve been pretty poor performance wise and I just don’t see that translating to a push into the top 6.
6th to 10th on 17:47 - Feb 5 with 1477 viewsN2_Blue

6th to 10th on 17:30 - Feb 5 by DavoIPB

We don't stand a chance. Expect the teams in the top six to pick up too many points for us to catch them and we won't beat mk Dons.

I don't think it's over but we have to have to maintain the form of last 7 games until last day. The fact we've not played great but won 5 of 7 is encouraging in some ways.

I feel Oxford are more attainable than MK so I think the crucial game is Oxford, we have to win that one no ifs and buts. If we win that the difference between sides is 6 points.

Making up 6 points on a team in 15 other games to play is very achievable.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

6th to 10th on 17:50 - Feb 5 with 1447 viewsNthsuffolkblue

6th to 10th on 17:47 - Feb 5 by N2_Blue

I don't think it's over but we have to have to maintain the form of last 7 games until last day. The fact we've not played great but won 5 of 7 is encouraging in some ways.

I feel Oxford are more attainable than MK so I think the crucial game is Oxford, we have to win that one no ifs and buts. If we win that the difference between sides is 6 points.

Making up 6 points on a team in 15 other games to play is very achievable.

Wycombe are 6th and probably a more realistic target. Ultimately we need more than 2 ppg and hope a couple of teams ahead of us get significantly fewer.

6th to 10th on 17:54 - Feb 5 with 1426 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s probably very important we will all of those. Whatever that means

It’s the longest of long shots Innit. Still a chance tho. If we can win ugly then anything can happen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

6th to 10th on 17:54 - Feb 5 with 1421 viewsN2_Blue

6th to 10th on 17:50 - Feb 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wycombe are 6th and probably a more realistic target. Ultimately we need more than 2 ppg and hope a couple of teams ahead of us get significantly fewer.

Wycombe are a solid team, have a game in had and have some easy fixtures and we can't make up points by playing them. We won't finish ahead of Wycombe.

Oxford is the team.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

6th to 10th on 17:57 - Feb 5 with 1405 viewsGlasgowBlue

6th to 10th on 17:50 - Feb 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oxford and Shef Wed are in a run of form as good as ours. Plymouth and Wycombe are not. So we will make up ground on two of those. The others all have to play each other. Oxford put pay to Pompy's chances, which when our game finished and I posted the op were very much alive.

We can do it. But we don't have as much wriggle room as Shef Wed and Oxford.

Iron Lion Zion

6th to 10th on 17:57 - Feb 5 with 1401 viewspositivity

6th to 10th on 17:54 - Feb 5 by N2_Blue

Wycombe are a solid team, have a game in had and have some easy fixtures and we can't make up points by playing them. We won't finish ahead of Wycombe.

Oxford is the team.

i think sunderland are looking more catchable than oxford or wycombe...

5 points from 6 games and only a point above oxford
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 18:02]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024