Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... 13:19 - Feb 6 with 900 viewsborge

Disagrees with Mick Mills. Chaplin also in there...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueOne/status/1490297275771408387/photo/1
Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:36 - Feb 6 with 830 viewsDJR

I think Mick Mills was more correct on Chaplin and Edmundson than Sky Bet. In any event, Sky Bet have put Edmundson on the right side which does not inspire confidence. Even more curiously, Edmundson even gets in to the EFL team of the week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EFL/status/1490301436223275009?cxt=HHwWgoC-pdTQzq4pAA
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 13:39]
Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:40 - Feb 6 with 805 viewsborge

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:36 - Feb 6 by DJR

I think Mick Mills was more correct on Chaplin and Edmundson than Sky Bet. In any event, Sky Bet have put Edmundson on the right side which does not inspire confidence. Even more curiously, Edmundson even gets in to the EFL team of the week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EFL/status/1490301436223275009?cxt=HHwWgoC-pdTQzq4pAA
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 13:39]

That's what I thought I had posted. What's the difference between the two? Either way, Edmundson is in both.
Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:45 - Feb 6 with 788 viewsDJR

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:40 - Feb 6 by borge

That's what I thought I had posted. What's the difference between the two? Either way, Edmundson is in both.

There appears to be both a League 1 and EFL team, which seems a bit odd. The latter includes Championship players.
Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:46 - Feb 6 with 782 viewsjayessess

Whoscored's algorithm is going to give you a lot of points for a clean sheet and an assist, regardless of your general play.

Chaplin, points for the goal obviously, but also for a couple of successful dribbles, key passes etc.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 13:50]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 759 viewsDJR

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:46 - Feb 6 by jayessess

Whoscored's algorithm is going to give you a lot of points for a clean sheet and an assist, regardless of your general play.

Chaplin, points for the goal obviously, but also for a couple of successful dribbles, key passes etc.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 13:50]

That's interesting but also means it's not really what it purports to be. I suppose its real purpose is promoting Whoscored.
Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 713 viewsSitfcB

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:40 - Feb 6 by borge

One if for the league and then the other is for the three leagues combined.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 14:13 - Feb 6 with 696 viewsjayessess

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 13:51 - Feb 6 by DJR

That's interesting but also means it's not really what it purports to be. I suppose its real purpose is promoting Whoscored.

Yeah, exactly that. To be fair an algorithm isn't going to be much more/less use than having someone evaluate 12 games, 100s of performances in a wild variety of circumstances, then decide to grade everyone against each other.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 17:57 - Feb 6 with 505 viewsDavoIPB

Algorithms hey. Wolf was by far our best player. Chaplin good for 20 mins. Donacian had a solid game and Walton usual commanding self. Other than that everybody was really really poor. Played like a team near bottom of league 1
Login to get fewer ads

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 490 viewsWickets

Whoever does the Sky Bet team of the week.... on 17:57 - Feb 6 by DavoIPB

Algorithms hey. Wolf was by far our best player. Chaplin good for 20 mins. Donacian had a solid game and Walton usual commanding self. Other than that everybody was really really poor. Played like a team near bottom of league 1

Yer but that's football , remember pissing all over Sunderland twice and getting knob all !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024