Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane and Sunderland 21:14 - Feb 6 with 1525 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Can’t believe he is even being considered.
It’s based on having an initial impact at Sunderland over 10 years ago when dealing with top end championship players who probably remembered him as a player, were in awe of him, and for 18 months it worked.

Since then he’s proven to be a car crash of a manager and assistant, but a reasonable pundit.
Could be amusing.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Roy Keane and Sunderland on 21:33 - Feb 6 with 1453 viewsChocorange

Sunderland fans all want him to be given the job.

They don’t seem to think about any of the rest of what’s happened in Keanes management career , only that he took them up when he first went there.

As you say could well be amusing
Roy Keane and Sunderland on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 1431 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Definitely won’t end well. He should stick to criticising better managers on TV!
Roy Keane and Sunderland on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 1430 viewspeterleeblue

Its about a 16 game bounce to get up. Not sure he has the ability to see through a championship campaign and get into the Prem. Not a long term solution for me.
Roy Keane and Sunderland on 00:57 - Feb 7 with 1174 viewsBlueBadger

He is very famous and there are lots of stupid owners, fans and chairmen out there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Roy Keane and Sunderland on 08:04 - Feb 7 with 957 viewsChurchman

Looking at their forum, they all think he’s the man to give them a kick up the rear end and get it done.

I don’t understand it. The man was a car crash of a manager who on the face of it doesn’t have the skills to do the job. I get that bone headed pieces of work like him are highly fashionable. Some of the players may even remember who he was so he might produce the necessary new manager bounce I suppose.

I actually think it’s a lazy choice.
Roy Keane and Sunderland on 11:09 - Feb 7 with 795 viewsSouperJim

I work with a Sunderland fan and they think Keane walks on water.

Why anyone would pick him ahead of McCarthy is beyond me. Ok so Mick's football is dull, but it's effective and you know he will get 100% effort and professionalism from his players and do the basics right. Essentially the perfect formula to get out of League One.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Roy Keane and Sunderland on 12:59 - Feb 7 with 697 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane and Sunderland on 11:09 - Feb 7 by SouperJim

I work with a Sunderland fan and they think Keane walks on water.

Why anyone would pick him ahead of McCarthy is beyond me. Ok so Mick's football is dull, but it's effective and you know he will get 100% effort and professionalism from his players and do the basics right. Essentially the perfect formula to get out of League One.

It's a lazy move from a chairman looking for cheap populist points. The nearest equivalent here would be Evans appointing Lambert. Enough people fell for the PR stunt that they didn't notice that he'd somehow made us even worse until it was way too late.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 14:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Roy Keane and Sunderland on 17:51 - Feb 7 with 540 viewsHipsterectomy

Beating Roy Keane’s Sunderland at Wembley in the play off final would be a fitting end to the banter era

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024