Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who remembers 15:28 - Feb 7 with 1385 viewschicoazul

Dear old Captain Tom and his family?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who remembers on 15:44 - Feb 7 with 1288 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who remembers on 15:45 - Feb 7 with 1290 viewsclive_baker

Hmm, I've just had a read of the accounts. I do generally think people need to be really careful not to jump to conclusions, especially off the back of filleted accounts with no context. Having said that, the disclosure of the related party transactions does look somewhat iffy. To caveat, I have no idea what services they've recieved or if these are fair market values for the services they're received and on which they've expended funds. I think in that position myself I would be keen to use independant 3rd parties, but I'm not passing judgement.

"During the period reimbursement of costs of £16,097 were made to Club Nook Limited, a company under the control of H Ingram-Moore (a trustee for part of the period and spouse of a trustee), in respect of accommodation, security and transport relating to Captain Sir Tom Moore travelling around the UK to promote the charitable company. H Ingram-Moore and DC Ingram-Moore are also directors of Club Nook Limited.
During the period payments of £37,942 were made to Maytrix Group Limited, a company under the joint control of D C Ingram-Moore and H Ingram-Moore, in respect of website costs (£5,030), photography costs (£550), office rental (£4,500), telephone costs (£656) and third-party consultancy costs (£27,205). These costs were initially funded by Maytrix Group Limited on behalf of the charitable company, and reimbursed when sufficient funds were available. H Ingram-Moore and D C Ingram-Moore are also directors of Maytrix Group Limited".

Certainly some punchy consultancy costs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who remembers on 16:06 - Feb 7 with 1212 viewsIllinoisblue

Who remembers on 15:45 - Feb 7 by clive_baker

Hmm, I've just had a read of the accounts. I do generally think people need to be really careful not to jump to conclusions, especially off the back of filleted accounts with no context. Having said that, the disclosure of the related party transactions does look somewhat iffy. To caveat, I have no idea what services they've recieved or if these are fair market values for the services they're received and on which they've expended funds. I think in that position myself I would be keen to use independant 3rd parties, but I'm not passing judgement.

"During the period reimbursement of costs of £16,097 were made to Club Nook Limited, a company under the control of H Ingram-Moore (a trustee for part of the period and spouse of a trustee), in respect of accommodation, security and transport relating to Captain Sir Tom Moore travelling around the UK to promote the charitable company. H Ingram-Moore and DC Ingram-Moore are also directors of Club Nook Limited.
During the period payments of £37,942 were made to Maytrix Group Limited, a company under the joint control of D C Ingram-Moore and H Ingram-Moore, in respect of website costs (£5,030), photography costs (£550), office rental (£4,500), telephone costs (£656) and third-party consultancy costs (£27,205). These costs were initially funded by Maytrix Group Limited on behalf of the charitable company, and reimbursed when sufficient funds were available. H Ingram-Moore and D C Ingram-Moore are also directors of Maytrix Group Limited".

Certainly some punchy consultancy costs.

Those mysterious consultancy costs are a red flag but let’s hope this is nothing more than well-intentioned family members trying to do the right thing and unexpectedly having to deal with very large sums of money - on top of never having run a charity before.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who remembers on 16:17 - Feb 7 with 1150 viewsKeno

Nothing to worry about, they are just preparing for one of the family to stand as a Tory MP

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who remembers on 17:21 - Feb 7 with 968 viewsGuthrum

From reading the accounts, that unspent money been invested in order to keep making grants over a lengthy period (which is how almost all Trusts work).

The bulk of the 'management' expenses comprised £126k spent on charity consultants*, probably identifying and working on potential major donors. Sounds a lot of money, but it helped them raise over £1m.

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search?p_p_id=uk_

* I may even know them, as worked in that sector years ago.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who remembers on 17:42 - Feb 7 with 849 viewsSarge

Very hard to forget them given their obsession with the limelight.
Who remembers on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 745 viewsronnyd

Worthy as they are, to some, charities are a nice little earner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024