Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... 22:13 - Feb 7 with 969 viewsRobTheMonk

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10485725/Care-worker-48-jailed-life-cau

That poor woman and her family. Could potentially be out in 10 years?! What the actual...

Think I'm going to stay off the news sites for a while.
Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 01:34 - Feb 8 with 824 viewsIllinoisblue

I wish I hadn’t read that. Damn

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 03:55 - Feb 8 with 793 viewsPippin1970

What a piece of scum. DBS checks should be done yearly, one place I worked at hadn't done one for five years. There's an automatic system one now so any job with vunerable children or adults. Updates automatically if you go for new job or a criminal crime.
Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 07:25 - Feb 8 with 701 viewsChurchman

Bits of dirt like that should be put away and incinerated when it dies, all paid for by it or it’s family. Simple as that.

As for the justice system, it’s broken and that thing will be out in no time
Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 08:22 - Feb 8 with 642 viewsZXBlue

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 07:25 - Feb 8 by Churchman

Bits of dirt like that should be put away and incinerated when it dies, all paid for by it or it’s family. Simple as that.

As for the justice system, it’s broken and that thing will be out in no time

I dont see the justice system as broken. He was convicted and got a life sentence. Seems about right.

It is collapsing, though, because of under funding and lack of resources.
Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 09:31 - Feb 8 with 595 viewsChurchman

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 08:22 - Feb 8 by ZXBlue

I dont see the justice system as broken. He was convicted and got a life sentence. Seems about right.

It is collapsing, though, because of under funding and lack of resources.

You are right. Over emotive words on my part. I wish they would remove the term life sentence though, because it rarely means that. I certainly agree with your second sentence.
Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 10:35 - Feb 8 with 551 viewsPendejo

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 03:55 - Feb 8 by Pippin1970

What a piece of scum. DBS checks should be done yearly, one place I worked at hadn't done one for five years. There's an automatic system one now so any job with vunerable children or adults. Updates automatically if you go for new job or a criminal crime.

Auto update is standard for enhanced DBS checks.

Even the directors of my company are on enhanced / auto update and we only hire out licensed vehicles (Taxi Private Hire), mainly because some councils can't seem to distinguish between Vehicle Operators and Proprietors, but if this genuinely helps fight illegal activities so be it.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 10:48 - Feb 8 with 536 viewsGlasgowBlue

If it is only 10 years thn I hope he gets a good beating every one of those 3652 days he's in there. Scum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 11:53 - Feb 8 with 504 viewsbluelagos

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 03:55 - Feb 8 by Pippin1970

Share everyone's disgust with the guy, and to actually watch your own mother being raped on a live feed.

Think the family did pretty well not to seek retribution, not sure I'd have managed that to be honest.

Ref the DBS check, can't see how it would have made any difference in this case, unless he had been convicted of a serious crime in between his recruitment and when he was arrested.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 12:00 - Feb 8 with 491 viewsDanTheMan

Sometimes a news story makes me question humanity... on 11:53 - Feb 8 by bluelagos

Share everyone's disgust with the guy, and to actually watch your own mother being raped on a live feed.

Think the family did pretty well not to seek retribution, not sure I'd have managed that to be honest.

Ref the DBS check, can't see how it would have made any difference in this case, unless he had been convicted of a serious crime in between his recruitment and when he was arrested.

I was actually going to ask whether there was something I missed as the article didn't mention prior convictions or anything so wasn't sure whether DBS would have helped in this regard.

What I will say is that a lot of these services will hire just about anyone and there are no staff who want to do what is a very hard job for such low wages.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024