Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Tim Horton's isn't all that 14:58 - Feb 8 with 1785 viewshype313

Canada's finest? Well, if you like bang average drab junk then fill your boots, I was distinctly underwhelmed, it was like a poor mans Wimpy.

*Not that I was expecting a gourmet lunch btw.

Give me a Portman Pie any day of the week.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:02 - Feb 8 with 1742 viewsBobbychase

On my two trips to Canada I've found locals appalled that any tourist would eat in them when most local, non-chain fare is so superior.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:04 - Feb 8 with 1721 viewsFixed_It

So you don't get the hype, hype?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:04 - Feb 8 with 1731 viewsJakeITFC

My other half is Canadian and she compares it to a Greggs or Pret in that it's absolutely everywhere over there.

I'm yet to try it as it is seemingly always rammed.
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:09 - Feb 8 with 1697 viewsDubtractor

Not worth a trip to the asda end of town for then?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:14 - Feb 8 with 1669 viewshype313

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:09 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

Not worth a trip to the asda end of town for then?

Not for me, especially now the Two Magpies has opened up in Woody...

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:15 - Feb 8 with 1662 viewsclive_baker

It's dreadful. It's dreadful in Canada and it's no better over here. I really don't understand the hype for what is essentially a sh1t Greggs. Saying its Canada's finest is the equivilent of a Canadian saying 'you must try Wimpy, it's the best of British cuisine'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:17 - Feb 8 with 1642 viewsBlueStreak

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:15 - Feb 8 by clive_baker

It's dreadful. It's dreadful in Canada and it's no better over here. I really don't understand the hype for what is essentially a sh1t Greggs. Saying its Canada's finest is the equivilent of a Canadian saying 'you must try Wimpy, it's the best of British cuisine'.

All about poutine in Canada isn't it? Mate lives there and loves the stuff. Must admit it is right up my street.
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:24 - Feb 8 with 1603 viewsIllinoisblue

To be fair, the one I’ve been to in Canada on my pre-covid fishing trips, their donuts tasted like the finest food in the world. As they should after living in a shack and eating nothing but fish for four days.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:34 - Feb 8 with 1543 viewsWeirdFishes

I think the drinks are really good. The food on the other hand is very average.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 1524 viewsEwan_Oozami

As Canada invented poutine it has no culinary status whatsoever....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:37 - Feb 8 with 1517 viewsZx1988

I grabbed a coffee and some Timbits on the way back from PR a couple of weeks back, which were both very enjoyable. Can't speak for the more generic food such as burgers etc., though.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:39 - Feb 8 with 1498 viewsclive_baker

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:17 - Feb 8 by BlueStreak

All about poutine in Canada isn't it? Mate lives there and loves the stuff. Must admit it is right up my street.

Poutine is good to be fair, especially when drunk. I got into the habit in Montreal of having it at the end of a night out, like we would a kebab. There was a great place in Little Burgundy.

Not to be confused with putain of course, which means something entirely different...

If you're talking Canadian fast food I would rather see Popeye's over here, it's like a better KFC.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:45 - Feb 8 with 1454 viewsstringy

I've lived in Ontario since 2007 (back here for academic year on sabbatical) and TH coffee s truly appalling. Timbits ok, as are their bagel veggie sandwiches.

TH is a *huge* cultural deal over there though; whenever I fly out of Toronto you can guarantee the queue for TH will be four times as long as that for Starbucks in the airport, because they very much want to support their own (who in turn put money into kiddy's ice hockey and the like).

Ironic really since they've been owned by a US company for a while now.
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:47 - Feb 8 with 1427 viewsSarge

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:39 - Feb 8 by clive_baker

Poutine is good to be fair, especially when drunk. I got into the habit in Montreal of having it at the end of a night out, like we would a kebab. There was a great place in Little Burgundy.

Not to be confused with putain of course, which means something entirely different...

If you're talking Canadian fast food I would rather see Popeye's over here, it's like a better KFC.

There’s a Popeye’s in Stratford but the queues for that are about five times worse than the ones for Tim Horton’s.
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 16:25 - Feb 8 with 1335 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Spent two years in Canada, and it's a staple over there.

I wouldn't go near anything other than their doughnuts or timbits.
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 16:30 - Feb 8 with 1307 viewshoppy

I think there's only a couple of days a week (usually) that you can get a Portman Pie, so I'm not sure that request can actually be fulfilled.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 16:58 - Feb 8 with 1248 viewshype313

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 16:30 - Feb 8 by hoppy

I think there's only a couple of days a week (usually) that you can get a Portman Pie, so I'm not sure that request can actually be fulfilled.

You're obviously not in the circle of trust.....

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 17:22 - Feb 8 with 1195 viewsKievthegreat

Their timbits and donuts are good. Don't like coffee, but the hot chocolate was fine.

Canada's finest has to be poutine. Food of the Gods!
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 17:27 - Feb 8 with 1177 viewsMullet

I’ve never met a Canadian that rates it. When my son had an operation I got the nurses one of their boxes of donuts and when I ate mine in the car, felt like I’d actually left them an insult. As eye wateringly pricey as KK are, they at least taste decent enough.

The branch of Hortons near me goes great guns though. People seem to like the coffee as well.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 17:46 - Feb 8 with 1133 viewstheblueginger

Canadian resident here: TH is still quite popular because it is cheap, not because it is good. Quality has been declining for years, but the catalyst was the chain being sold to a group of companies that includes Burger King. Franchise saturation didn't help either; there was something like 1 chain for every 9000 people in parts of Canada at one point.

The only decent options on the menu is actually the boxes of timbits. Local bakeries are far superior especially in Toronto.
That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 18:57 - Feb 8 with 999 viewsJimmyJazz

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 15:39 - Feb 8 by clive_baker

Popeyes!!! Their dirty rice is highly recommended

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

That Tim Horton's isn't all that on 18:58 - Feb 8 with 999 viewsborge

Tried to eat my way through the menu the weekend it opened. Didn't get far, but:
Bacon and egg muffin stack = edible but not as 'good' as McDonald's
Hash brown = soggy and not in any way comparable to a McDonald's hash brown, nor any other I have sampled
Lattice fries = soggy and disgusting
Crispy chicken stack = nice enough to have again
Honey cruller = soggy and wet
Apple fritter donut = edible but not worth a second go
Chocolate cake made with Oreo = very nice
Old fashioned glazed donut = okish
Maple, caramel and white chocolate pancakes = bloody lovely!

In retrospect I'm a bit ashamed that I managed to get through all of that in two visits....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024