Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anderson & Broad 17:02 - Feb 8 with 983 viewsjimsymBLUE

Looks like Jimmy and Broad have been dropped for the tour to WI. Nothing like binning your two best (and fittest regardless of age) bowlers because the batters couldn't amass 200.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Anderson & Broad on 17:06 - Feb 8 with 958 viewsjimsymBLUE

Few more senior figures for the chop too. Hopefully Butler, Malan, Hameed & Burns have been binned

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Anderson & Broad on 17:25 - Feb 8 with 900 viewstivo

Anderson & Broad on 17:06 - Feb 8 by jimsymBLUE

Few more senior figures for the chop too. Hopefully Butler, Malan, Hameed & Burns have been binned

Would keep Hameed in as we need to give him more chance in calmer surroundings first.

Butler yes I would drop, Morgan will retire from White Ball after Aus and he will take over for a couple of years so can focus on that.

Burns can retire from all forms of cricket for all I care, and Malan is obviously not for the future - so if we're gonna be strict he might as well be gone.
Anderson & Broad on 18:07 - Feb 8 with 823 viewsWD19

Anderson & Broad on 17:25 - Feb 8 by tivo

Would keep Hameed in as we need to give him more chance in calmer surroundings first.

Butler yes I would drop, Morgan will retire from White Ball after Aus and he will take over for a couple of years so can focus on that.

Burns can retire from all forms of cricket for all I care, and Malan is obviously not for the future - so if we're gonna be strict he might as well be gone.

If Bairstow is in the squad I will despair.

More widely, there is no point in ringing the changes if they then go back to Broad and Anderson as soon as they are back in England in May......which they almost certainly will.
Anderson & Broad on 18:20 - Feb 8 with 782 viewsitfc1108

Anderson & Broad on 18:07 - Feb 8 by WD19

If Bairstow is in the squad I will despair.

More widely, there is no point in ringing the changes if they then go back to Broad and Anderson as soon as they are back in England in May......which they almost certainly will.

The fact that Ben Foakes, one of the world's top wicketkeepers, is overlooked for Buttler, Bairstow or Billings time and time again is just baffling.
I hope he gets in this time.
Anderson & Broad on 18:39 - Feb 8 with 733 viewsgordon

Has the squad actually been announced? Seems a bit odd that Strauss has been quoted re Anderson and Broad, but there isn't a squad list anywhere.
Anderson & Broad on 18:48 - Feb 8 with 713 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Make sense, England must prepare for life without them, WI is ideal for giving new blood a chance.

I think Broad and Anderson need to accept themselves that the days of touring might be over but both can still play a big, big part in home tests.

V happy to see plenty of different names given chance to make a claim

Do we know when Jofra will be fit, such a shame for him to miss out

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Anderson & Broad on 18:55 - Feb 8 with 670 viewsgordon

actual squad at the end of this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60302401

Looks like Zak Crawley and Alex Lees opening! Good to see Matt Parkinson selected, but surprised that Chris Woakes is picked.
Anderson & Broad on 18:56 - Feb 8 with 669 viewsSamuelowen88

Anderson & Broad on 18:48 - Feb 8 by BlueandTruesince82

Make sense, England must prepare for life without them, WI is ideal for giving new blood a chance.

I think Broad and Anderson need to accept themselves that the days of touring might be over but both can still play a big, big part in home tests.

V happy to see plenty of different names given chance to make a claim

Do we know when Jofra will be fit, such a shame for him to miss out

Summer last i heard about Jofra

Poll: England v Wales Score

Login to get fewer ads

Anderson & Broad on 19:01 - Feb 8 with 645 viewsSamuelowen88

No issue with dropping jimmy and broad for this tour.as others have said, if you want to learn about new plays you cant play the old guard.

This cannot be it for them tho. It would be criminal if Aus was their last game.

They both deserve to have a final match in the UK with a full crowd

Poll: England v Wales Score

Anderson & Broad on 20:25 - Feb 8 with 572 viewsstonojnr

Anderson & Broad on 19:01 - Feb 8 by Samuelowen88

No issue with dropping jimmy and broad for this tour.as others have said, if you want to learn about new plays you cant play the old guard.

This cannot be it for them tho. It would be criminal if Aus was their last game.

They both deserve to have a final match in the UK with a full crowd

yes but you cant drop new players in at the deep end and just hope theyll swim, plus you add the pressure that they know every bowling session they get compared to Broad & Anderson , and if they fail...

Broad & Anderson have a wealth of experience they can share on bowling and test cricket and more importantly help alleviate the pressure the new players will face starting their test careers, it would be crazy not to include at least one of them whilst they are fit and more importantly willing to play still.

and I suspect this has nothing to do with trying new players, thats what England Lions tours are for anyway, but we might have to wait for another tell all biography to find the real truth.
Anderson & Broad on 21:15 - Feb 8 with 533 viewsCoastalblue

Anderson & Broad on 18:20 - Feb 8 by itfc1108

The fact that Ben Foakes, one of the world's top wicketkeepers, is overlooked for Buttler, Bairstow or Billings time and time again is just baffling.
I hope he gets in this time.

He could have a long chat with James Foster about that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anderson & Broad on 22:26 - Feb 8 with 470 viewsChrisd

I really don’t think it is a bad thing for this tour. We do need to look beyond Anderson and Broad and this test series provides that ideal opportunity to have a look at some fresh bowling talent against opposition that is also struggling in the longer format.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024