Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? 21:30 - Feb 8 with 2000 viewsSimonds92

We have been absolutely dire these last few weeks.
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:34 - Feb 8 with 1954 viewsOldsmoker

It's a curse I tells yer.

We need to burn some witches or something.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:37 - Feb 8 with 1881 viewsFightingEssex

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:34 - Feb 8 by Oldsmoker

It's a curse I tells yer.

We need to burn some witches or something.

I'd take some investment in recruitment and better research. There's a reason why some clubs recruit passengers over and over, and other clubs recruit winners and get promoted and it starts with the people at the top.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:37 - Feb 8 with 1897 viewsJ2BLUE

It's almost like we're in the third division and playing poor teams.

65% possession and they haven't had a shot on target. The points are all that matters right now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:42 - Feb 8 with 1796 viewsDanTheMan

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:37 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

It's almost like we're in the third division and playing poor teams.

65% possession and they haven't had a shot on target. The points are all that matters right now.

I wish we could go back to Cook's rock and roll football where we didn't win games.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:45 - Feb 8 with 1649 viewsjayessess

14 shots from inside the box this evening, 7 shots on target. We were wasteful but Lambert-ball it wasn't.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:45 - Feb 8 with 1634 viewsDubtractor

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:42 - Feb 8 by DanTheMan

I wish we could go back to Cook's rock and roll football where we didn't win games.

15 goals conceded in the first 6 games - it was the best of times wasn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:46 - Feb 8 with 1619 viewsBiGDonnie

Oh dear

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:47 - Feb 8 with 1546 views_sanctimoanious_

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:42 - Feb 8 by DanTheMan

yep, it's either or.
Login to get fewer ads

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:47 - Feb 8 with 1497 viewsreusersfreekicks

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:45 - Feb 8 by jayessess

14 shots from inside the box this evening, 7 shots on target. We were wasteful but Lambert-ball it wasn't.

Precisely, people need to get a grip
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:52 - Feb 8 with 1420 viewsRobTheMonk

Bakinson and Evans can't/don't drive forwards with the ball so there's no support for the forward players. Morsy started doing it and when El Miz came on he did it too (and lo and behold, we got into a good position). If you don't have anyone driving from midfield, then all their players have to do is jockey.

Strikers have also been pretty bad recently. Bonne looks off it, Norwood doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment and Pigott looks like an amateur footballer. I wonder if Simpson might be playing sooner than we think!

Another win though and another clean sheet which is good; although Wolfie was nearly having one of those games.

We dominated possession, which we all expected, but our conversion of chances and tempo of attacks needs to drastically improve.
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:56 - Feb 8 with 1361 viewsAlanG296

McKenna does appear to be using Lambert's tombola machine to pick half of the team.
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 1324 viewssuffolkpoker

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:56 - Feb 8 by AlanG296

McKenna does appear to be using Lambert's tombola machine to pick half of the team.

Differences being lambert didn’t know how to win a football match

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 22:00 - Feb 8 with 1308 viewsjayessess

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:52 - Feb 8 by RobTheMonk

Bakinson and Evans can't/don't drive forwards with the ball so there's no support for the forward players. Morsy started doing it and when El Miz came on he did it too (and lo and behold, we got into a good position). If you don't have anyone driving from midfield, then all their players have to do is jockey.

Strikers have also been pretty bad recently. Bonne looks off it, Norwood doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment and Pigott looks like an amateur footballer. I wonder if Simpson might be playing sooner than we think!

Another win though and another clean sheet which is good; although Wolfie was nearly having one of those games.

We dominated possession, which we all expected, but our conversion of chances and tempo of attacks needs to drastically improve.

Bakinson drove forwards from midfield multiple times though?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:00]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 22:04 - Feb 8 with 1279 viewsThe_Realist_09

I don't think it's bad, just a work progress. We are controlling the ball in games as Mckenna would like but so often lately we've been patient building an opening and the final ball or touch has been poor.

Need to be more ruthless. Despite our masses of attacking players I still expect changes in this area in the summer.
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 22:09 - Feb 8 with 1233 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ffs, people moaning!

Lolz..
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 22:29 - Feb 8 with 1142 viewsSimonds92

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 21:59 - Feb 8 by suffolkpoker

Differences being lambert didn’t know how to win a football match

Must have remembered his time wrong then, could have sworn he was very effective at grinding out wins against teams in the bottom 3rd of the table but couldnt beat anyone above us. So far we've got the result against Wycombe, lets see if we can maintain the points return over the next 10 games because we have a generous run of fixtures and we have no margin for error. The standard of performance is a big worry for me though.
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 00:07 - Feb 9 with 1005 viewsChurchman

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 22:29 - Feb 8 by Simonds92

Must have remembered his time wrong then, could have sworn he was very effective at grinding out wins against teams in the bottom 3rd of the table but couldnt beat anyone above us. So far we've got the result against Wycombe, lets see if we can maintain the points return over the next 10 games because we have a generous run of fixtures and we have no margin for error. The standard of performance is a big worry for me though.

He was very effective in pinching results against mostly lower sides at the start of the season before the rest got going. After that it was half time oxygen cylinders, let’s keep bringing in players and get the squad numbers into the 40s and hope for the best.

I didn’t see an awful lot of effectiveness in the home 0-0 draw with Northampton, the lucky draw at Crewe or the runaround at home by Swindon.

Lambert is for me a stain; one of the worst three managers to ever go near this club. Given the dross that’s stolen a living here, that’s some achievement.
Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 04:07 - Feb 9 with 896 viewsBlueBadger

Oh mate, wait till you see Paul Cook's record.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 05:18 - Feb 9 with 831 viewstextbackup

Has KMc sat there and decided L1 doesn’t need pretty and fancy, but a well oiled, organised machine?
5 clean sheets, 6 wins in 8… speaks volumes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 07:13 - Feb 9 with 686 viewsArnieM

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 05:18 - Feb 9 by textbackup

Has KMc sat there and decided L1 doesn’t need pretty and fancy, but a well oiled, organised machine?
5 clean sheets, 6 wins in 8… speaks volumes

It’s that old story of results vs entertainment isn’t it . Do Towns performances (whilst effective at gaining the points), get you out of your seat and have you yelling “Come on You Blues”, and feeling like we could beat anyone? Or does it frustrate you , with a feeling of , ffs just get the ball forward quicker, stop poncing around with it in our half , and just have a bloody shot instead of taking it back to Woolfie / Edmundson who constantly look like a mistake waiting to happen when there’s no pressure on us?

I’m torn if I’m honest ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 07:47 - Feb 9 with 606 viewstextbackup

Assume Lambert's been employed as technical director? on 07:13 - Feb 9 by ArnieM

It’s that old story of results vs entertainment isn’t it . Do Towns performances (whilst effective at gaining the points), get you out of your seat and have you yelling “Come on You Blues”, and feeling like we could beat anyone? Or does it frustrate you , with a feeling of , ffs just get the ball forward quicker, stop poncing around with it in our half , and just have a bloody shot instead of taking it back to Woolfie / Edmundson who constantly look like a mistake waiting to happen when there’s no pressure on us?

I’m torn if I’m honest ….

If it takes us up I really don’t care

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024