Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Suffolk Commentary 10:46 - Feb 9 with 1440 viewsSkip_Intro

Watching most matches on iFollow, I wonder what people who only listen to Radio Suffolk think of the commentary?
Watching last night it seemed that Brenner and Mathie seemed to spend as much time chatting/'analysing' as they do actually telling the listeners what was happening on the pitch.
Obviously if you're watching on iFollow this is fine, but does it make it difficult to understand what is happening in the game?
Not a criticism - like I said it's fine if you're watching on iFollow, but I just genuinely wondered what people who don't have access to iFollow think...
Radio Suffolk Commentary on 10:50 - Feb 9 with 1380 viewsDJR

At one time I tended only to listen on I-Follow. That was before it became possible to watch games. I never had an issue with the commentary, but I do sense Brenner and Alex have a bit more banter/chat than when Brenner is with someone else. In terms of analysis, Alex is probably the weakest, but I like his sense of humour.
Radio Suffolk Commentary on 10:50 - Feb 9 with 1371 viewsGuthrum

I like the analysis, especially coming from people who have played the game at a high level.

Also, in reality, for large parts of any football game nothing very exciting is happening (e.g. the ball passing around the defence, or pinging between players trying to get it under control).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:02 - Feb 9 with 1308 viewshomer_123

I still don't understand why Brenner gets so much stick.

As an aside, I enjoyed the commentary last night - nice where Brenner was panicking and something along the links of 'Mathie, you thought they were going to score, you've got your head in your hands!'

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:15 - Feb 9 with 1253 viewsBarcaBlue

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:02 - Feb 9 by homer_123

As an aside, I enjoyed the commentary last night - nice where Brenner was panicking and something along the links of 'Mathie, you thought they were going to score, you've got your head in your hands!'

I had the Donny audio last night. Really makes you appreciate Brenner and whoever they are with.

The entire commentary was referring to the Sunderland match, how Donny were frustrating and limiting Ipswich with the sidekick just adding ooooohhs and ahhhhs whenever they crossed the halfway line. There's always going to be bias but it was like the hecklers from the Muppets from start to finish.

Brenner does a very good solid job.
Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 1151 viewsKeno

I like Brenner a lot and think the partnership with Mick Mills works really well

He get a lot of very unfair criticism

Just image is we had Alan Green, Sam Whathesface or anyone of a number of other commentators

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 12:26 - Feb 9 with 1023 viewsStirlingArcher

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:15 - Feb 9 by BarcaBlue

I had the Donny audio last night. Really makes you appreciate Brenner and whoever they are with.

The entire commentary was referring to the Sunderland match, how Donny were frustrating and limiting Ipswich with the sidekick just adding ooooohhs and ahhhhs whenever they crossed the halfway line. There's always going to be bias but it was like the hecklers from the Muppets from start to finish.

Brenner does a very good solid job.

The Donny sidekick was something special.

You could tell he loved the team and all, but nothing really above the ooohs and aaahs of any substance as to why he was allowed near a mic
Radio Suffolk Commentary on 12:34 - Feb 9 with 967 viewsmonty_radio

Was anyone else affected by the sound being very fractionally ahead of the vision? Every time we got near their area I was covering my ears so as not to hear a cheer before my eyes had witnessed a goal.

I also have to report that this strange new superstition only produced the same one goal that everyone else witnessed.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 949 viewsclive_baker

Don't tend to listen too often as it's only away midweek games that I catch us on i-follow, unless I'm going to the game. More often than not it tends to be Mathie, and as much as I like the bloke he's not the best co-commentator I've ever heard. Talks quite a lot of tosh. Not a dig at the commentors either as no doubt its a tough job and for local radio they're pretty good, but it's also noticable how often they mistake players identity. Heard them ripping into Edmundson for ages once for a Woolfenden c0ck up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 12:49 - Feb 9 with 893 viewsBarcaBlue

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 12:36 - Feb 9 by clive_baker

Don't tend to listen too often as it's only away midweek games that I catch us on i-follow, unless I'm going to the game. More often than not it tends to be Mathie, and as much as I like the bloke he's not the best co-commentator I've ever heard. Talks quite a lot of tosh. Not a dig at the commentors either as no doubt its a tough job and for local radio they're pretty good, but it's also noticable how often they mistake players identity. Heard them ripping into Edmundson for ages once for a Woolfenden c0ck up.

Agree on Mathie, he's ok but sometimes come across like he's on a jolly. Mills can be a bit dry but likes to concentrate on formations and match ups that probably paint a good picture on the radio. I like Hyam too when he's on, much more of a player perspective but not quite so analytical as Mills.
Radio Suffolk Commentary on 12:57 - Feb 9 with 850 viewsIllinoisblue

I think if you only hear the commentary you can at times form a very different opinion to those who are watching on iFollow. Example, Bonne’s header chance early in the game from Celina’s cross. The way Brenner described it you’d think he’d missed an open goal with his “and he must score” comment. Yes it was a good chance but not quite as clear cut as the commentary made out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 13:51 - Feb 9 with 720 viewsScuzzer

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:59 - Feb 9 by Keno

I like Brenner a lot and think the partnership with Mick Mills works really well

He get a lot of very unfair criticism

Just image is we had Alan Green, Sam Whathesface or anyone of a number of other commentators

Yer know....I really like....yer know...Mick Mills....yer know.

Established 1968

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 13:53 - Feb 9 with 716 viewsScuzzer

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 11:02 - Feb 9 by homer_123

Brenda does make a lot of mistakes though. Misidentified players several times last night...and he is very often doing so.

Established 1968

Radio Suffolk Commentary on 13:57 - Feb 9 with 703 viewsDinDjarin

I always listen to the opposition commentary but last night it seemed they were just a couple of fans and very biased.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024