Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The second automatic spot 11:39 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsDarth_Koont

And no, I’m not saying that is anything that will likely trouble us. But it could be an interesting added pressure for the teams we’re trying to catch.

I think Rotherham are probably gone as one of the automatic spots and just don’t see a team that good, simple and effective collapsing.

But Wigan’s loss last night and their fixture backlog make them look a lot more vulnerable. They may well power through but they’re in the sights of the team below. That combination of hope they can escape the play-offs while still protecting their place could be an interesting mental challenge and maybe one where League One players and coaches will struggle more than the very best.

Meanwhile, we’ve got a team and manager that are looking to build performances and results (“trusting the process” etc.) and are probably much more comfortable in taking the games one by one and not getting too far ahead of ourselves.

I’d rather have the points but I expect we can make up more points than we think on a couple of those teams.

Then if we’re properly in the fight with a half-dozen games to go we’d have to see how that pressure of being in position affects us. But I think momentum and confidence can be on our side with the trajectory our season has been on – not forgetting that we’ve also had the player numbers to keep the team relatively fit and fresh.

Just need to keep the focus on ourselves and our next opponent for as long as possible.

Pronouns: He/Him

The second automatic spot on 12:26 - Feb 9 with 1076 viewsBobbychase

Wigan at Portman Road on Easter Monday.

Please please please let that be a game with something riding on it.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The second automatic spot on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 987 viewsIllinoisblue

The second automatic spot on 12:26 - Feb 9 by Bobbychase

Wigan at Portman Road on Easter Monday.

Please please please let that be a game with something riding on it.

I hope so, as I’ll be there. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The second automatic spot on 13:31 - Feb 9 with 880 viewsCoastalblue

Agree with much of that, and especially with regards to the place we're in. We are real outsiders for playoffs at the moment so there is not the pressure of a chasing pack, worry about dropping a point or two, we can play in a fairly relaxed manner knowing that keep winning and things might just happen but little expectation.

It's a good place to be if it does end up getting us in the top six, but if we narrowly miss out then Cook really does have a lot to answer for.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The second automatic spot on 13:46 - Feb 9 with 824 viewsSteve_M

Add that to the large number of teams in contention for the top six and there's still a lot that could change. Someone with more time should compile a list of key fixtures where those teams play each other.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The second automatic spot on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 813 viewstextbackup

The second automatic spot on 13:46 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

Add that to the large number of teams in contention for the top six and there's still a lot that could change. Someone with more time should compile a list of key fixtures where those teams play each other.

I’ll pop back to read it once you’ve done it 😃

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The second automatic spot on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 808 viewsitfc_bucks

Win, and keep winning.

It'll either happen, or it won't, but if we keep the pressure on, someone above us will crack.
The second automatic spot on 13:52 - Feb 9 with 797 viewssuffolkpoker

The second automatic spot on 13:48 - Feb 9 by itfc_bucks

Win, and keep winning.

It'll either happen, or it won't, but if we keep the pressure on, someone above us will crack.

We are guaranteed to go up if we win every game including the play off final.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

The second automatic spot on 13:55 - Feb 9 with 784 viewsDarth_Koont

The second automatic spot on 13:46 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

Talking of which, I checked out Wigan’s fixture congestion and slap bang in the middle of their many weeks of Sat-Tues fixtures they’ve got a run of Rotherham, Wycombe and Sunderland towards the end of February.

That should keep the pressure bubbling.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

The second automatic spot on 14:32 - Feb 9 with 705 viewsCoastalblue

The second automatic spot on 13:55 - Feb 9 by Darth_Koont

Talking of which, I checked out Wigan’s fixture congestion and slap bang in the middle of their many weeks of Sat-Tues fixtures they’ve got a run of Rotherham, Wycombe and Sunderland towards the end of February.

Sunderland will be below us by the end of that run.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The second automatic spot on 15:01 - Feb 9 with 628 viewsGlasgowBlue

The second automatic spot on 13:55 - Feb 9 by Darth_Koont

Could do with Wigan beating Wycombe and Sunderland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The second automatic spot on 15:13 - Feb 9 with 601 viewshype313

The second automatic spot on 15:01 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

Could do with Wigan beating Wycombe and Sunderland.

Rotherham have Wycombe, MK Dons, Charlton, Pompey, Wigan, Sunderland and Us to play, they could do us a favour by beating all of the mentioned, and having an off day against us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024