Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? 20:35 - Feb 9 with 3334 viewsdominiciawful

We'll be having a new one, right?

Would be nice to have a decent, and preferably local, company sponsoring us. And one which looks good on the shirts, unlike Magical Vegas of 2018/19...

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 3062 viewsmultiplescoregasms

I think this years one looks great, even though I am not a Sheeran fan. Justin Bieber is doing a World Tour next year, so let's just hope our owners don't get wind of it.
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 20:48 - Feb 9 with 3033 viewsKeno

The TWTD shirt sponsor deal in imminent
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 20:48]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:29 - Feb 9 with 2891 viewsAlanG296

How about no shirt sponsor? Does it really bring in that much money at this level that we couldn't manage without it?
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:30 - Feb 9 with 2880 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:29 - Feb 9 by AlanG296

How about no shirt sponsor? Does it really bring in that much money at this level that we couldn't manage without it?

When you can use 60% of any funds obtained on wages Absolutely you get yourself a shirt sponsor.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:37 - Feb 9 with 2842 viewsAlanG296

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:30 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

When you can use 60% of any funds obtained on wages Absolutely you get yourself a shirt sponsor.

But what does the money get us? For example if it's only enough to pay a Kayden Jackson, I would rather go without a Kayden Jackson.
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:41 - Feb 9 with 2789 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:37 - Feb 9 by AlanG296

But what does the money get us? For example if it's only enough to pay a Kayden Jackson, I would rather go without a Kayden Jackson.

It may instead go towards the financial package of a Walton instead.

We don't know the ins and outs of the financial package Ed has with town it could be a 1 off payment or something in installments.. who knows. But no club should ever turn down the opportunity of money. However I don't like betting firms on a shirt so anything but that is fine for me.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 2746 viewsDyland

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:41 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

It may instead go towards the financial package of a Walton instead.

We don't know the ins and outs of the financial package Ed has with town it could be a 1 off payment or something in installments.. who knows. But no club should ever turn down the opportunity of money. However I don't like betting firms on a shirt so anything but that is fine for me.

I heard he insisted his sponsorship money paid for Fraser :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 2743 viewsNthQldITFC

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:29 - Feb 9 by AlanG296

Now that would be really nice, to play in a shirt with no bloody commercial or other labeling across the front. Just blue and white with the old yellow badge. Magic.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 22:04 - Feb 9 with 2660 viewsMisterBlue

how about one of these two. old school with a modern twist -

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 23:08 - Feb 9 with 2503 viewsChurchman

Marcus Evans….

Only joking!!!
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 23:14 - Feb 9 with 2484 viewsMattinLondon

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:49 - Feb 9 by NthQldITFC

Now that would be really nice, to play in a shirt with no bloody commercial or other labeling across the front. Just blue and white with the old yellow badge. Magic.

But knowing Ipswich, we’ll end up with this non-sponsored shirt instead.

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 23:38 - Feb 9 with 2433 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I was thinking about this earlier today and the conclusion I came to is that it would be most beneficial for a UK based brand, consumer goods and ideally one with its roots in East Anglia to gain some local pride from it as well a recruitment / colleague engagement benefit.

These days there aren’t too many companies that fit that profile (EA based, national scale, consumer goods), other than the likes of Adnams, Aspalls and Greene Kong. I’d love any of those three but none of them really spend enough on marketing - likely to be a c.£1m contract over about three years I would estimate.

I think the new regime will want someone who they can have a proper partnership with as opposed to just a name on the shirt. So if include outside bets of East of England Co-Op and university campus Suffolk. Again, money may be a stumbling block for both of these.

If going for a B2B company, someone like Maritime Transport could be viable.

Of course, Ed might fancy another year of it with a different slogan / logo.
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 23:49 - Feb 9 with 2417 viewsBasingstokeBlue

When will his tour end? (Indeed when does it even start?) It might run into next season, so he may extend his sponsorship.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 01:22 - Feb 10 with 2347 viewsBLUEBEAT

I thought we all agreed that we would raise the funds to front the shirts with LEO MUFF…?

Poll: W or W

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 01:25 - Feb 10 with 2344 viewsIllinoisblue

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 01:22 - Feb 10 by BLUEBEAT

I thought we all agreed that we would raise the funds to front the shirts with LEO MUFF…?

Muff home shirt. John Grose Ipswich for Ford away shirt.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 05:15 - Feb 10 with 2275 viewsIPS_wich

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 23:49 - Feb 9 by BasingstokeBlue

When will his tour end? (Indeed when does it even start?) It might run into next season, so he may extend his sponsorship.

Goes on well into the autumn (September/October) - I thought I'd read it was a two year deal.
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 07:38 - Feb 10 with 2127 viewsArnieM

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 21:49 - Feb 9 by NthQldITFC

I think that would make more of a statement about this Clubs direction and intent than having a sponsorship deal. I’d bloody love it if we had a “ clean” Town shirt .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 07:59 - Feb 10 with 2095 viewsKeno

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 07:38 - Feb 10 by ArnieM

I think that would make more of a statement about this Clubs direction and intent than having a sponsorship deal. I’d bloody love it if we had a “ clean” Town shirt .

Failing that another nice gesture would be to have EACH as the “main sponsor” with a donation to them for every shirt sold

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 09:26 - Feb 10 with 1951 viewsSheffordBlue

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 07:59 - Feb 10 by Keno

Failing that another nice gesture would be to have EACH as the “main sponsor” with a donation to them for every shirt sold

Given the direction the club want to go in and the investment that will take I think this highly unlikely. They are going to need to maximise revenue as much as possible. The only way this type of 'sponsor' could happen would be if a wealthy individual (Ed?) paid the sponsorship fee and agreed for EACH to be on the shirt.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 09:43 - Feb 10 with 1914 viewsDerehamBlue

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 09:26 - Feb 10 by SheffordBlue

Given the direction the club want to go in and the investment that will take I think this highly unlikely. They are going to need to maximise revenue as much as possible. The only way this type of 'sponsor' could happen would be if a wealthy individual (Ed?) paid the sponsorship fee and agreed for EACH to be on the shirt.

Is it also right that the adidas deal finishes at the end of this season too ???
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 09:47 - Feb 10 with 1895 viewsGuthrum

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 05:15 - Feb 10 by IPS_wich

Goes on well into the autumn (September/October) - I thought I'd read it was a two year deal.

A one-year deal, with a possibility of extension, according to Rosie Richardson at the time.

Richardson: It's Phenomenal, We're Delighted Ed is Supporting the Club in This Way 6th May 2021 12:14
Town director of sales Rosie Richardson believes Ed Sheeran’s sponsorship of the Blues will resonate with supporters and help increase the club’s global reach, the pop star’s one-year deal having been revealed this morning. 22

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? (n/t) on 09:49 - Feb 10 with 1885 viewsglasso

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 09:43 - Feb 10 by DerehamBlue

Is it also right that the adidas deal finishes at the end of this season too ???

[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 9:53]
Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 09:56 - Feb 10 with 1857 viewsclive_baker

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 23:38 - Feb 9 by Matt_Netherlands

I was thinking about this earlier today and the conclusion I came to is that it would be most beneficial for a UK based brand, consumer goods and ideally one with its roots in East Anglia to gain some local pride from it as well a recruitment / colleague engagement benefit.

These days there aren’t too many companies that fit that profile (EA based, national scale, consumer goods), other than the likes of Adnams, Aspalls and Greene Kong. I’d love any of those three but none of them really spend enough on marketing - likely to be a c.£1m contract over about three years I would estimate.

I think the new regime will want someone who they can have a proper partnership with as opposed to just a name on the shirt. So if include outside bets of East of England Co-Op and university campus Suffolk. Again, money may be a stumbling block for both of these.

If going for a B2B company, someone like Maritime Transport could be viable.

Of course, Ed might fancy another year of it with a different slogan / logo.

I would imagine those you mention will have deep enough pockets to sponsor us, should they so wish. Aspall is owned by Molson Coors, which is a £10bn revenue business. I'm not sure a football shirt sponsorship would fit thier brand though, and it's positioning.

There's many lesser known Suffolk based consumer goods businesses who almost certainly wouldn't have the cash, but an Ipswich based company like Big Drop would be cool, they're doing really well in the alcohol free space. Too early for them though I would imagine.

I suspect it'll just go to the highest bidder, probably not a CPG business, maybe a techy payments provider or something like that, a few of them seem to be interested in that space recently. I know of one that was bidding, unsuccesfully, on the Norwich shirt sponsorship.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 10:00 - Feb 10 with 1844 viewsRamRob

Maybe Magnus Group will upgrade from stand to shirt sponsors

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 10:04 - Feb 10 with 1831 viewsHighgateBlue

Wonder who our shirt sponsor will be next season? on 01:22 - Feb 10 by BLUEBEAT

That would be priceless. Funnily enough, I've never read anything about the real Leo Muff. He of course sponsored John Wark and I assume he was from Switzerland, but other than that I don't know anything about this minor Town legend.

Are there any blog posts or fanzine articles shedding any light?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024