Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comments from Doncaster game 22:10 - Feb 10 with 1043 viewsnodge_blue

I didn’t see the game and when i read some of the posts on here, I thought we must have struggled a bit like we did on Saturday.

But after reading the Doncaster fans forum I got a different impression. Largely huge praise for us a a passing football side.

Top comment for me being:

“ Credit to Ipswich, played like prime Barca, we were 5/10 yards off them all time time, I’ve not seen a team at this level for a long time play like they did tonight, cracking one touch and move from them. ”

Are some of our fans just too harsh. I’ve been waiting years to start reading paragraphs like that again.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Comments from Doncaster game on 22:14 - Feb 10 with 1007 viewsFrimleyBlue

No. As KM also said. There were improvements compared to previous games, but there still more improvements needed.

Everyone was buzzing for the win. Just a few issues to iron out as we move on.

I did add on another thread though, when you re watch the game without the historic fear of an equaliser coming, you do see things you don't appreciate first time round.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 22:19]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Comments from Doncaster game on 22:30 - Feb 10 with 947 viewsnodge_blue

Back for more

“ Ipswich pinged the ball around like Brazil. Thank goodness their finishing let them down or they'd have got a hat full.

0-1 was a tremendous result for us on reflection of their complete dominance.”

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Comments from Doncaster game on 22:50 - Feb 10 with 893 viewsFreddies_Ears

I don't see us playing any worse - not that we were bad, more that we have improvement in us. And even 5% better would see us beat most teams in this league.
Comments from Doncaster game on 23:12 - Feb 10 with 849 viewsunstableblue

It was a much improved performance than Gillingham. We were quicker and crisper in our passing, and we were trying to be a bit more adventurous and forward thinking.

It was much easier on the eye with triangles of interplay.

BUT, we were quite error strewn in the first 20mins, with some passing into touch. And critically we didn’t really cut into Doncaster. So I was a little surprised at some of the gushing from Donny manager and fans.

But as stated at the start, it was much much better than Gillingham, I thought Thompson grew into the game, and with Morsy returning it’s a good platform for MK.

We do need more from Burns at present though, assume he has a knock, let’s hope he has a stormer in front of the 7000 blues!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Comments from Doncaster game on 23:45 - Feb 10 with 789 viewsChurchman

Comments from Doncaster game on 23:12 - Feb 10 by unstableblue

It was a much improved performance than Gillingham. We were quicker and crisper in our passing, and we were trying to be a bit more adventurous and forward thinking.

It was much easier on the eye with triangles of interplay.

BUT, we were quite error strewn in the first 20mins, with some passing into touch. And critically we didn’t really cut into Doncaster. So I was a little surprised at some of the gushing from Donny manager and fans.

But as stated at the start, it was much much better than Gillingham, I thought Thompson grew into the game, and with Morsy returning it’s a good platform for MK.

We do need more from Burns at present though, assume he has a knock, let’s hope he has a stormer in front of the 7000 blues!!

I find it strange that praise from Doncaster fans and manager can be dismissed while criticism from Sheffield Weds accepted without question. Maybe there was merit in both given neither have an axe to grind?

Of course there is lots to work on and to do and of course KM recognises that. He’d be an idiot not to. An unbalanced squad with weaknesses, a manager kicked out before Christmas because of the mess he made of a brilliant opportunity and a club in the process of change after many years of neglect and hollowing out.

However, a new manager’s team has won 6 in 8. I don’t care how mixed the performances were or who we played. That’s a great effort so credit to him, the players and others such as McG and the coaches. Lots to do but it’s a start. I’m happy with that.
Comments from Doncaster game on 23:51 - Feb 10 with 781 viewsBlueBadger

Comments from Doncaster game on 22:30 - Feb 10 by nodge_blue

Back for more

“ Ipswich pinged the ball around like Brazil. Thank goodness their finishing let them down or they'd have got a hat full.

0-1 was a tremendous result for us on reflection of their complete dominance.”

Yes, but Cookie would have gotten us an entertaining 2-2. From 2-0 down.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Comments from Doncaster game on 06:58 - Feb 11 with 568 viewsPendejo

Comments from Doncaster game on 23:51 - Feb 10 by BlueBadger

Yes, but Cookie would have gotten us an entertaining 2-2. From 2-0 down.

From 2-0 up ..

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Comments from Doncaster game on 07:12 - Feb 11 with 543 viewsbluenorth

It was a rare live game for me, so it was interesting to see how all the reports/comments from previous games looked in reality.
I thought it reflected a lot of previous comments that our build up play was good but we were just a bit slow and allowed them to reorganise, or we lost momentum in the final third, lots of checking back to the fullback etc which again allowed them to get back. Thompson got in great positions but seemed reluctant to take his man on or be more direct, but again previous comments suggest he is a more traditional fullback so its a bit unfair to criticism for not being something he isn't (attacking wingback).
Agree with previous comment, it was comfortable with hindsight but they could have sneaked a lucky equaliser from a corner etc.

But overall we dominated the game and should have scored more, and there was a great atmosphere in the away end. An even rarer home game for me at Cheltenham in a couple of weeks so hopefully another win then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024