Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A silly time to post it as it will probably get lost in post-match chat 18:02 - Feb 12 with 645 viewsArnoldMoorhen

But many of you read my thread about Jack Monroe explaining price inflation and cutting of basic ranges in supermarkets.

Please read this account of price inflation by ArnoldMoorhen 21 Jan 2022 14:52
For the poorest in society.

It will take you 3 or 4 minutes to read the whole thread (not replies from others) but the big reveal comes in the middle.

If you, like me, have noticed a few things getting more expensive but can cope, this explains why, and where the price rises have been focused:

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1483778776697909252?s=20

As Jack says, the majority of members of the media come from very similar backgrounds, and wouldn't have a clue that this is the story that they should be reporting, because they haven't noticed.

Well today Jack has posted the following twitter thread. Absolutely amazing. Tears in my eyes here!

People can still make a difference in this world!
A silly time to post it as it will probably get lost in post-match chat on 18:23 - Feb 12 with 547 viewsJ2BLUE

To their credit, I think they have committed to having their full value range in every one of their supermarkets.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:23]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A silly time to post it as it will probably get lost in post-match chat on 14:17 - Feb 13 with 374 viewsArnoldMoorhen

A silly time to post it as it will probably get lost in post-match chat on 18:23 - Feb 12 by J2BLUE

To their credit, I think they have committed to having their full value range in every one of their supermarkets.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:23]

Yes, Jack gives Asda full credit for the way they have responded, and especially for the speed to get this rolled out.

It will make a real difference. Some people won't go to bed hungry this week as a result of this.

Now for the other supermarkets...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024