Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed 11:46 - Feb 13 with 1350 views_sanctimoanious_

the play higher up the pitch. However, he carried little threat and doesn’t have a great deal of quality with the ball. For all the strengths our different strikers have, I think what they lack is what KM is looking for in his front man. KJ is probably the closest in this regard with his pace and energy but we just need a much better version.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Will we give Norwood another year? Will we go all out for Bonne and will we really offer Jackson a new deal? I reckon KM will want to clear the decks in that position and find his man. Obviously a lot depends on whether we manage to miraculously gain promotion but either way i think KM wants a specific type of front man. Not necessarily a goal scorer but maybe someone who opens up space for the likes of Chappers and Santi - which poses another question about how we will look to replace Celina next season?

KM is a very impressive young man and one who seems to fit the ITFC DNA perfectly. 🤞🏽 He continues to perform and builds a long term legacy here.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 11:49 - Feb 13 with 1320 viewsDubtractor

Largely agree with that, and suspect we'll see some new faces up front next season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 11:59 - Feb 13 with 1301 viewsitfcjoe

When you look at the contracts of who we have on the books, the forward roles are going to be the most interesting bits in the summer - lots to sort there

I thought a Jackson did his job yesterday which was effectively to get us to a position where we could Chuck the other two on to try and disrupt and win the game but just didn’t work when we made the change as lost the control

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:01 - Feb 13 with 1286 viewschicoazul

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 11:49 - Feb 13 by Dubtractor

Largely agree with that, and suspect we'll see some new faces up front next season.

Believe the only guy we have now who will be here next season up front is Chaplin.
Sigh. A big shopping spree once again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:13 - Feb 13 with 1242 viewsjayessess

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:01 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Believe the only guy we have now who will be here next season up front is Chaplin.
Sigh. A big shopping spree once again.

Player turnover is is what happens in League One, sadly. On the bright side, we'll be talking 1/3 of the squad, rather than 3/4 of it this time.

I wonder if slightly more of our attacking cast might re-appear actually. We have a 1-year option on Aluko, who's versatile, works hard, brings experience and a good attitude. I'm pretty sure he'll be here next year.

Celina and Dijon are probably going to be in the exact same situation as before, absolutely no guarantee that a better off comes in for him if we want him to continue.

On the strikers, any of the 4 might go, but I think we'll try to keep at least one around. Pigott's on a long, expensive contract, Norwood we have a one-year option on, Bonne's current goalscoring form isn't going to be enthusing any other suitors.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:19 - Feb 13 with 1222 viewstractorboy1978

Think Norwood will be off. He's on a decent wage as much as anything else and I'm sure McKenna will think he can add someone better. I think how we lined up yesterday is much more how long term he sees us playing. A more fluid, flexible front 3 - how MK have played all season.

Norwood got a run of goals but he's not 'it' for me, he's a bull in a china shop option to chuck on late in games if we need it but is essentially a limited lower league striker on decent wages.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:28 - Feb 13 with 1206 views_sanctimoanious_

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 11:59 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

When you look at the contracts of who we have on the books, the forward roles are going to be the most interesting bits in the summer - lots to sort there

I thought a Jackson did his job yesterday which was effectively to get us to a position where we could Chuck the other two on to try and disrupt and win the game but just didn’t work when we made the change as lost the control

Aye and Norwood frustrated me when he came on. His contrived attempts to be a ‘sh1thouse’ just totally disrupted our flow and nearly cost us a last minute goal.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:46 - Feb 13 with 1133 viewsArnieM

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:28 - Feb 13 by _sanctimoanious_

Aye and Norwood frustrated me when he came on. His contrived attempts to be a ‘sh1thouse’ just totally disrupted our flow and nearly cost us a last minute goal.

That won’t have gone in noticed by McK either . Like I’ve said he’s assessing the various combinations possible and tbh none are coming up to scratch are they. Like others I’d love to see what Simpson could do but suspect he’s in a “ want away” mode now anyway.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:53 - Feb 13 with 1108 viewschicoazul

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:13 - Feb 13 by jayessess

Player turnover is is what happens in League One, sadly. On the bright side, we'll be talking 1/3 of the squad, rather than 3/4 of it this time.

I wonder if slightly more of our attacking cast might re-appear actually. We have a 1-year option on Aluko, who's versatile, works hard, brings experience and a good attitude. I'm pretty sure he'll be here next year.

Celina and Dijon are probably going to be in the exact same situation as before, absolutely no guarantee that a better off comes in for him if we want him to continue.

On the strikers, any of the 4 might go, but I think we'll try to keep at least one around. Pigott's on a long, expensive contract, Norwood we have a one-year option on, Bonne's current goalscoring form isn't going to be enthusing any other suitors.

Aluko is going to the US.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:55 - Feb 13 with 1086 viewsFixed_It

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:53 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Is he?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:57 - Feb 13 with 1074 viewsjayessess

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:53 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Are they paying? He'll be under contract.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 14:44 - Feb 13 with 934 viewsVeggie

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:28 - Feb 13 by _sanctimoanious_

Yes he’s becoming a parody of himself now. Comes on for 15 minutes and charges around pushing people and feigning injury if we score. Maybe just concentrate on trying to play football James.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 15:13 - Feb 13 with 876 viewschicoazul

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 12:55 - Feb 13 by Fixed_It

Is he?

Believe so.

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 15:18 - Feb 13 with 866 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

He did okay but still couldn't fashion a goal out of it. None of our strikers can - that's why we keep rotating them seemingly at random.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 16:47 - Feb 13 with 765 viewsGarv

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 14:44 - Feb 13 by Veggie

Yes he’s becoming a parody of himself now. Comes on for 15 minutes and charges around pushing people and feigning injury if we score. Maybe just concentrate on trying to play football James.

"All we ask for is that players give everything"

"Give us more aggression, we're too passive"

Players does the above...

"Just concentrate on playing football"

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 16:57 - Feb 13 with 735 viewsHighgateBlue

I must say, McKenna is supremely impressive in all sorts of different ways. Results, intelligence, communication, humility, studiousness, clean sheets, reasonableness, flexibility, willingness to make a change, positivity in substitutions when justified.

The one thing I can't work out is why he picks Jackson. I personally thought he was poor again yesterday, and he's got the second lowest average score on the TWTD player ratings, out of our 11 starters. Personally I thought Bakinson was tidy, but then it's a game of opinions...

I guess McKenna deserves the benefit of the doubt on any decision, and our other strikers are hardly banging them in for fun.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 17:48 - Feb 13 with 668 viewsDJR

Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 16:57 - Feb 13 by HighgateBlue

I must say, McKenna is supremely impressive in all sorts of different ways. Results, intelligence, communication, humility, studiousness, clean sheets, reasonableness, flexibility, willingness to make a change, positivity in substitutions when justified.

The one thing I can't work out is why he picks Jackson. I personally thought he was poor again yesterday, and he's got the second lowest average score on the TWTD player ratings, out of our 11 starters. Personally I thought Bakinson was tidy, but then it's a game of opinions...

I guess McKenna deserves the benefit of the doubt on any decision, and our other strikers are hardly banging them in for fun.

As you say it's a game of opinions, but I thought Jackson was the best of our attacking players yesterday. Burns was a bit shackled, Chaplin and Celina were a bit hit and miss, and Bonne and Norwood looked pretty awful. I think Jackson is a better footballer than Bonne and Norwood, which is probably why McKenna likes him, but a criticism of him is that he is a bit lightweight. But he wasn't yesterday, winning quite a few headers and some fifty-fifties.
Jackson did ok. His movement was good and he pushed on 17:50 - Feb 13 with 660 viewsC_Jam_Blue

It must be a big frustration for McK, he's got the defence ticking, midfield is fine when we are injury/suspension free. Celina, Chaplin and Aluko are dependable and creative. But he does not yet seem to be able to get a tune out of any of our strikers. Even though the talk of rotating the front 3 is put forward as a positive situation, I bet if Bonne,, Norwood or Piggott were banging them in, they would be on every teamsheet. I can't help thinking that our promotion hopes hinge on one of our strikers finding form over the final months of this season. Hoping one of them steps up to the plate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024