Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna and Ashton podcast 10:44 - Feb 15 with 9745 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Just listened to this on EADT website. Totally impressed. No doubt in my mind that finally after 20 years of decline we are on the way up. McKenna so articulate, What a difference from the last few years.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:47 - Feb 15 with 5052 viewsSheffordBlue

One of the most reassuring things was that McKenna is clearly invested in building the footballing infrastructure (training faciliities, etc) as well as managing. He won't get that opportunity to shape things at many clubs and hopefully, if he is as good as he seems to be, will help us keep him at the club for longer.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:53 - Feb 15 with 4990 viewsSitfcB

What is it with ITFC managers and Woodbridge?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:56 - Feb 15 with 4982 viewstrncbluearmy

A little more fully justified criticism of the previous regime as well

all good and interesting stuff, the club really does seem to have a bright future now

well worth a listen
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:08 - Feb 15 with 4855 viewsKeno

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:56 - Feb 15 by trncbluearmy

all good and interesting stuff, the club really does seem to have a bright future now

well worth a listen

is there a link to this anywhere?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 4843 viewsGuthrum

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:08 - Feb 15 by Keno

is there a link to this anywhere?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mckenna-and-ashton-on-kings-of-anglia-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:13 - Feb 15 with 4805 viewsKeno

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:10 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mckenna-and-ashton-on-kings-of-anglia-

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:19 - Feb 15 with 4750 viewstrncbluearmy

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:56 - Feb 15 by trncbluearmy

well worth a listen

we really are lucky with our two local football reporters, do a great job
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:36 - Feb 15 with 4656 viewsBobbychase

Just finished it. We really are in good hands aren't we? Superb listen.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:39 - Feb 15 with 4639 viewsbluefunk

Thanks for posting that, excellent listen, and should put to bed some of the nonsense from some posters
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:40 - Feb 15 with 4634 viewsBeckets

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:36 - Feb 15 by Bobbychase

Just finished it. We really are in good hands aren't we? Superb listen.

Me too. McKenna so impressive. I can now see how he would be comfortable in the current structure and an old style manager like Cook wouldn’t be.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:50 - Feb 15 with 4560 viewshype313

That was a great listen, really insightful.

I didn't realise how bad the training ground had got, obviously under invested over a period of time hasn't helped, but sounds like it really does need upgrading in all parts of it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:50 - Feb 15 with 4559 viewsArnieM

It’s very very good but most of all very very reassuring that we really are in good hands, and have the total backing of the owners….. love the “ no ceiling on this Club” as regards ambition or end point.

Champions League here we come then………👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:54 - Feb 15 with 4530 viewsSheffordBlue

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:50 - Feb 15 by ArnieM

It’s very very good but most of all very very reassuring that we really are in good hands, and have the total backing of the owners….. love the “ no ceiling on this Club” as regards ambition or end point.

Champions League here we come then………👍

The fact that Leicester was mentioned in the podcast gives some indication of what they think is achievable with the right plan and the right money behind it

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:08 - Feb 15 with 4446 viewsBattersea_Blue

Superb podcast. Some good questions too, put over in the right way.

We really are in good hands, both off and on the pitch. I met McKenna briefly at the AGM, came across really well. He's still learning aspects of the job, particularly the media side, but I must say he's really impressive. Comes across so well. Articulate, knowledgeable and can see he really means it when he says the support he's getting from the fanbase is "humbling".

They talk in the podcast about the recent dinner with a whole range of ex players. Firstly, what a great thing to organise, something that would never happen in the previous regime. Ashton and McKenna embracing those players who are part of our fantastic history is absolutely the right thing to do. Knowing most of the ex players who attended that dinner is even more inspiring as their feedback was so positive. Credit to the club for organising events like this, it really does bring everyone together.

I really feel we're going somewhere - again - finally.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:15 - Feb 15 with 4340 viewsKeno

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:08 - Feb 15 by Battersea_Blue

Superb podcast. Some good questions too, put over in the right way.

We really are in good hands, both off and on the pitch. I met McKenna briefly at the AGM, came across really well. He's still learning aspects of the job, particularly the media side, but I must say he's really impressive. Comes across so well. Articulate, knowledgeable and can see he really means it when he says the support he's getting from the fanbase is "humbling".

They talk in the podcast about the recent dinner with a whole range of ex players. Firstly, what a great thing to organise, something that would never happen in the previous regime. Ashton and McKenna embracing those players who are part of our fantastic history is absolutely the right thing to do. Knowing most of the ex players who attended that dinner is even more inspiring as their feedback was so positive. Credit to the club for organising events like this, it really does bring everyone together.

I really feel we're going somewhere - again - finally.

thats an amazing listen

They are really positive and forward looking. Its nice to hear the passion they speak about as Ipswich being a big special case. The dinner seems to have had quite an impact on them

Obviously the size of the support has surprised them.

COYBS!!!!!

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:19 - Feb 15 with 4318 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm gonna give it a listen.

Although..... I have no axe to grind with Ashton in general, but his tone and delivery really get on my nerves. Bit of a corporate clone in the David Brent mould at times.

....hopefully more KM than MA on this pod?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:25 - Feb 15 with 4247 viewsArnieM

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:15 - Feb 15 by Keno

thats an amazing listen

They are really positive and forward looking. Its nice to hear the passion they speak about as Ipswich being a big special case. The dinner seems to have had quite an impact on them

Obviously the size of the support has surprised them.

COYBS!!!!!

I actually think our support is growing , as the belief that something special really IS starting to happen …

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 4233 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just listened and upset there's no mention of a 5 point plan !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:28 - Feb 15 with 4214 viewsKieran_Knows

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:50 - Feb 15 by hype313

That was a great listen, really insightful.

I didn't realise how bad the training ground had got, obviously under invested over a period of time hasn't helped, but sounds like it really does need upgrading in all parts of it.

Hurst was the first to pick up on it under Evans. For a Championship club at the time, he couldn't believe the state of the training ground/gym. He made Evans invest quite heavily in the gym side of things, had a big refurb, plus new equipment etc.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:29 - Feb 15 with 4175 viewsbluefunk

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:26 - Feb 15 by Metal_Hacker

Just listened and upset there's no mention of a 5 point plan !!

Although we do have a white board and lots of lists apparently
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 4131 viewsGuthrum

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:19 - Feb 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm gonna give it a listen.

Although..... I have no axe to grind with Ashton in general, but his tone and delivery really get on my nerves. Bit of a corporate clone in the David Brent mould at times.

....hopefully more KM than MA on this pod?

Ashton goes into a fair bit of depth on things. Certainly not just corporate soundbites.

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 4098 viewsGuthrum

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:25 - Feb 15 by ArnieM

I actually think our support is growing , as the belief that something special really IS starting to happen …

With the takeover, changes of manager and recent results all taken together, fans are beginning to think Town is a club on the rise, rather than one in ongoing decline.

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:50 - Feb 15 with 3969 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:31 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Ashton goes into a fair bit of depth on things. Certainly not just corporate soundbites.

I'll give it a listen.

He often gives good detail and insight, its just his delivery really grates on me!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:53 - Feb 15 with 3939 viewsDubtractor

Listening to this just confirms, once again, how important it was to get Marcus Evans out of our club.

Hugely encouraging stuff from both Ashton and McKenna though, and good questions from the EADT boys.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 13:16 - Feb 15 with 3768 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Enjoyed it. Both very focused and very professional.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024