Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... 16:11 - Feb 15 with 4585 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:15 - Feb 15 with 2473 viewsusm

Well, whaddya know.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:15 - Feb 15 with 2470 viewsJ2BLUE

Disappointing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:18 - Feb 15 with 2450 viewsmylittletown

Obviously not guilty then!
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:20 - Feb 15 with 2428 viewsZx1988

If my tax money is now being used to protect a [redacted by admin], I hope that the next thing to be withdrawn from Mr Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is his place on the Civil List.

Edited for accuracy following reports of abuse

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:24 - Feb 15 with 2354 viewsElderGrizzly

She settled out of court with Epstein too didn't she?
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:28 - Feb 15 with 2316 viewsronnyd

Did he go to his Mum for a loan. Think it was only ever a money making exercise for her to be fair.
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:34 - Feb 15 with 2255 viewsbluelagos

A supporting statement presumably agreed by both parties.

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:34 - Feb 15 with 2252 viewsCotty

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:28 - Feb 15 by ronnyd

Did he go to his Mum for a loan. Think it was only ever a money making exercise for her to be fair.

The Prince's legal council will have exerted maximum pressure to get this result. The financial risk of going to court and losing would be extremely burdensome for her, most likely ruinous. I think that before making comments like this you need to remind yourself that she was trafficked as a child to have sex with rich and powerful men.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:37 - Feb 15 with 2203 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:34 - Feb 15 by bluelagos

A supporting statement presumably agreed by both parties.

Yeah that tiptoes around the issues doesn't it?

Almost appears he's trying to reinvent himself as some kind of charitable leader on this topic which is rather difficult to see.
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:37 - Feb 15 with 2206 viewsGuthrum

Which suggests that neither side thought they would win easily.

Plus, from Andrew's perspective, the drawn-out hassle might have been too much, given his reputation and status are already trashed. Not to mention pressure from the Palace in a Jubilee year.

We will have to wait and see whether the settlement includes any statement of admission (which Giuffre's side have previously said they would demand).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:39 - Feb 15 with 2173 viewsZx1988

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:34 - Feb 15 by Cotty

The Prince's legal council will have exerted maximum pressure to get this result. The financial risk of going to court and losing would be extremely burdensome for her, most likely ruinous. I think that before making comments like this you need to remind yourself that she was trafficked as a child to have sex with rich and powerful men.

Exactly this.

Given the snippets we've heard of the stance Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was planning on taking - not answering the accusations, but challenging the claimant's right to make the accusations - there was probably a higher chance that the case might get thrown out than if he played a straight bat and tried to defend himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if his legal team played heavily on that aspect of things (and the risks of a costs order) in encouraging Giuffre to take the money and run.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:44 - Feb 15 with 2121 viewsKropotkin123

Money can't buy happiness, but evidently it can buy freedom.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:45 - Feb 15 with 2125 viewslowhouseblue

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:37 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Which suggests that neither side thought they would win easily.

Plus, from Andrew's perspective, the drawn-out hassle might have been too much, given his reputation and status are already trashed. Not to mention pressure from the Palace in a Jubilee year.

We will have to wait and see whether the settlement includes any statement of admission (which Giuffre's side have previously said they would demand).

there won't be any statement of admission.
everything previously has been positioning prior to a negotiation. neither side wanted it to go to court.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:47 - Feb 15 with 2099 viewsCotty

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:45 - Feb 15 by lowhouseblue

there won't be any statement of admission.
everything previously has been positioning prior to a negotiation. neither side wanted it to go to court.

I honestly don't get that impression from the noises coming out of the prosecutors. They wanted it to hurt, and money has no real meaning for Andrew.
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:55 - Feb 15 with 2022 viewsjeera

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:28 - Feb 15 by ronnyd

I really wish people would read up on this a little before making these statements.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:06 - Feb 15 with 1951 viewsHARRY10

So 'Porchie's boy' has settled up in time for his mums platinum jubilee knees up. Just as the Queen Mum and her sister Maggie were put down a few weeks before her 50th jubilee. Had either of those two popped off before the celebrations, it would have ended years if planning.

Similarly, they had her father put down just before midnight to ensure the news came out in the man papers. His doctor, who gave him the lethal injection, had early phoned the Times and told them to hold back from printing.

I expect that once the knees up is over, the Queen will take her gold clock (or whatever retiring monarchs get) and give jug ears an run out for the last ten minutes. It wouldn't be a good idea to have the Queen steadily getting worse (heath wise) so better to be taken off before she is unable to play at all.

Not sure where that would leave Camilla if the ears to the throne were to hand in his dinner plate before her. With Juan Carlos's boy taking over, I suppose she would become .................King step mother.
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:09 - Feb 15 with 1898 viewsronnyd

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:55 - Feb 15 by jeera

I really wish people would read up on this a little before making these statements.

Must admit it was a bit tongue in cheek. Perhaps, in hindsight, it was not the best of posts.
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:11 - Feb 15 with 1869 viewsTonytown

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:06 - Feb 15 by HARRY10

So 'Porchie's boy' has settled up in time for his mums platinum jubilee knees up. Just as the Queen Mum and her sister Maggie were put down a few weeks before her 50th jubilee. Had either of those two popped off before the celebrations, it would have ended years if planning.

Similarly, they had her father put down just before midnight to ensure the news came out in the man papers. His doctor, who gave him the lethal injection, had early phoned the Times and told them to hold back from printing.

I expect that once the knees up is over, the Queen will take her gold clock (or whatever retiring monarchs get) and give jug ears an run out for the last ten minutes. It wouldn't be a good idea to have the Queen steadily getting worse (heath wise) so better to be taken off before she is unable to play at all.

Not sure where that would leave Camilla if the ears to the throne were to hand in his dinner plate before her. With Juan Carlos's boy taking over, I suppose she would become .................King step mother.

An interesting take on history.

I assume you have proof to back all of this up?
Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:13 - Feb 15 with 1837 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:15 - Feb 15 by J2BLUE

Disappointing.

Indeed. Another example of one rule for the rich and powerful, another for everyone else.

I'm sure Chickers will be along to tell us we're a heartless mob and Andrew has suffered enough.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You're a ridiculous individual. (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 15 with 1789 viewsBloots

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:06 - Feb 15 by HARRY10

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:23 - Feb 15 with 1764 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hope Phil has a good lawyer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:28 - Feb 15 with 1729 viewsfactual_blue

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:11 - Feb 15 by Tonytown

An interesting take on history.

I assume you have proof to back all of this up?

It's right here.

I think.

I had it a minute ago.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:31 - Feb 15 with 1718 viewsbluelagos

What about Diana Harry? You missed out your take on how she died...

And I always wondered who bumped off JFK?

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:33 - Feb 15 with 1693 viewslowhouseblue

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:47 - Feb 15 by Cotty

I honestly don't get that impression from the noises coming out of the prosecutors. They wanted it to hurt, and money has no real meaning for Andrew.

"noises". precisely. that's the impression they wanted to give. it's positioning prior to reaching a settlement.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 17:34 - Feb 15 with 1690 viewsMullet

Looks like Prince Andrew has settled out of court.... on 16:20 - Feb 15 by Zx1988

If my tax money is now being used to protect a [redacted by admin], I hope that the next thing to be withdrawn from Mr Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is his place on the Civil List.

Edited for accuracy following reports of abuse

This post has been edited by an administrator

The monarchy should be finished shouldn't it? It's abhorrent on every level, the criminality, the obstruction of justice and the implications for a country where the cost of living spirals at a rate far higher than the money being "lost" to the folly of the elites.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024