Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The impact of Plymouth 10:20 - Feb 16 with 2739 viewsSaleAway

Their run in is ridiculous... and will no doubt have a big impact on the promotion race... they've also got Rotherham and Bolton before then...

26 Mar 15:00 Ipswich Town A
2 Apr 14:00 Oxford United H
9 Apr 14:00 Burton Albion A
15 Apr 14:00 Wycombe Wanderers A
18 Apr 14:00 Sunderland H
23 Apr 14:00 Wigan Athletic A
30 Apr 14:00 MK Dons H

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

The impact of Plymouth on 10:49 - Feb 16 with 2557 viewsStewart27

Good

They’re really annoying.

Just concede already!
The impact of Plymouth on 11:21 - Feb 16 with 2456 viewsHighgateBlue

That is a really good point. I hadn't clocked that at all. Their last 7 games are all against teams currently in the top half, and four of them are away. If we're, say, 7 points behind them going into that run (and hopefully we won't be), you'd fancy us to take them.
The impact of Plymouth on 11:26 - Feb 16 with 2429 viewsSomethingBlue

Hopefully they can win, lose, draw those games in pretty much equal measure (except vs us) so that they're taking points off others too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The impact of Plymouth on 11:27 - Feb 16 with 2417 viewsjayessess

They've put the show back on the road in the last 3 games, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see them fall away.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The impact of Plymouth on 11:29 - Feb 16 with 2399 viewsChrisd

I suppose that's the impact of their successful FA Cup run. Thought they'd be rocked by the departure of Ryan Lowe, but they look like they have regrouped well and the fact they are still in and around the play offs you can't rule them out regardless of their run in.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:31]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The impact of Plymouth on 11:49 - Feb 16 with 2329 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It grates how well they're doing, and particularly being above us. I was seeing a girl for a while who was a Plymouth supporter and even she scoffed at the idea they'd ever play us in the league (we thought it might be fun if we got each other in a cup game). They'd just come up from League 2 and we were Championship at the time (Mick's last season).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The impact of Plymouth on 11:56 - Feb 16 with 2271 viewsitfcsuth

My lord that is a tough run in, it probably couldn't get much tougher.
The impact of Plymouth on 12:47 - Feb 16 with 2050 viewsstrikalite

They will see all those as winnable, to be honest Accy away on a Tuesday night is as tough as anything..
Login to get fewer ads

The impact of Plymouth on 13:09 - Feb 16 with 1977 viewsParisBlue

There's a still of lot of teams in the top 9 having to play each other. MK Dons have 6 games, Sunderland and Oxford 5. We have 4.

Sheff Weds look to have the easiest run with just MK Dons and Wycombe in mid/late April.

A big 10 days coming up with a 3 game week. Charltons 3 games in that period are vs Oxford, mk dons and sheff Weds (then sunderland) so they could do is some favours. Sunderland play MK Dons this weekend.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The impact of Plymouth on 20:31 - Feb 16 with 1410 viewsskinnybob72

The impact of Plymouth on 13:09 - Feb 16 by ParisBlue

There's a still of lot of teams in the top 9 having to play each other. MK Dons have 6 games, Sunderland and Oxford 5. We have 4.

Sheff Weds look to have the easiest run with just MK Dons and Wycombe in mid/late April.

A big 10 days coming up with a 3 game week. Charltons 3 games in that period are vs Oxford, mk dons and sheff Weds (then sunderland) so they could do is some favours. Sunderland play MK Dons this weekend.

As long as Town pick up 3 points while teams above are playing each other, e.g. win the next 2 at home, the gap to the play-offs will start to reduce.

Town have an easier run-in from here than many of the teams above and are also on an upward trajectory while some, such as Wycombe and Sunderland, are on a poor run of form.
The impact of Plymouth on 04:04 - Feb 17 with 1066 viewsquirkie

I quite like Argyle, they are my nearest professional team, a 120 mile round trip to West Cornwall though were I live. I'd like to see Ipswich and Plymouth go up this season, but looks like Wigan and Rotherham will be the automatics so one place to fill.

Sadly we won't go up this season, sticking to my original prediction of 8th, so all the best Argyle in the play offs.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

The impact of Plymouth on 09:11 - Feb 17 with 894 viewsPaphosBlue

Is it just me but when I looked at their run in my first thought was why are they playing all their games at 2pm?

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

The impact of Plymouth on 09:20 - Feb 17 with 867 viewsclive_baker

Fair play to Plymouth, I thought when their manager left and they had a wobble of a few defeats they would be toast, but they've found some form again to be fair.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The impact of Plymouth on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 775 viewsFightingEssex

Wigan and Sunderland are the only ones I’d bet on them being challenged with, they’ll beat us comfortably again, Oxford aren’t that great, they should beat Burton, Wycombe also prone to losing to weaker sides, and MK Dons aren’t anything to worry about.

If it was us playing all those I’d say we’d have cause for concern given we’ve picked up a whopping 10 points from those this season. Best squad in the league…

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

The impact of Plymouth on 10:28 - Feb 17 with 740 viewsITFC_Forever

The impact of Plymouth on 04:04 - Feb 17 by quirkie

I quite like Argyle, they are my nearest professional team, a 120 mile round trip to West Cornwall though were I live. I'd like to see Ipswich and Plymouth go up this season, but looks like Wigan and Rotherham will be the automatics so one place to fill.

Sadly we won't go up this season, sticking to my original prediction of 8th, so all the best Argyle in the play offs.

Me too, my Mum's side of the family are from Cornwall and Argyle were the team my Grandad followed.

What's the betting we have them at 12.30pm kick-off on a Sunday in the POs?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024