Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager 17:23 - Feb 19 with 1483 viewsse20blue

Chesterfields 1st home defeat of the season.
Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 1468 viewsJ2BLUE

Let's just wish him well. It went wrong for him here but we've moved on. Good luck to him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 1444 viewsbazza

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:25 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Let's just wish him well. It went wrong for him here but we've moved on. Good luck to him.

Totally agree, he had plenty of respect for the club when he was here, but it never worked. Good luck to him.
Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:27 - Feb 19 with 1406 viewsHipsterectomy

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:25 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Yep. No reason to be petty and look at his failings with glee imo.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:44 - Feb 19 with 1264 viewshave_a_word_with_him

And? What a pathetic post. He came across as a decent man and as others have said good luck to him.
Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 1194 viewsCokeIsKey

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:44 - Feb 19 by have_a_word_with_him

And? What a pathetic post. He came across as a decent man and as others have said good luck to him.

In my opinion he came across as an arrogant dinosaur who thought he could spend some money and play the same system without having to worry about anyone else in the league. Also threw players under the bus and seemed immune to taking any blame himself.

Good to see him being humbled in the national league after ruining this season for us.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:58 - Feb 19 with 1119 viewsWacko

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:52 - Feb 19 by CokeIsKey

In my opinion he came across as an arrogant dinosaur who thought he could spend some money and play the same system without having to worry about anyone else in the league. Also threw players under the bus and seemed immune to taking any blame himself.

Good to see him being humbled in the national league after ruining this season for us.

He's up there with one my most disliked ITFC managers. Petty and arrogant and totally took his situation here for granted. Love every minute of KM slapping his "we need to gel" mantra in his face with every win we get. After this Chesterfield job goes wrong he'll sink without a trace

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:02 - Feb 19 with 1088 viewsFrimleyBlue

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 17:58 - Feb 19 by Wacko

He's up there with one my most disliked ITFC managers. Petty and arrogant and totally took his situation here for granted. Love every minute of KM slapping his "we need to gel" mantra in his face with every win we get. After this Chesterfield job goes wrong he'll sink without a trace

No pre match interviews done so far, snook onto the bench pre kick off with a wave, didn't acknowledge fans at FT and went straight down the tunnel and now no post match interview. Something's off..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:24 - Feb 19 with 964 viewsbournemouthblue

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:02 - Feb 19 by FrimleyBlue

No pre match interviews done so far, snook onto the bench pre kick off with a wave, didn't acknowledge fans at FT and went straight down the tunnel and now no post match interview. Something's off..

McKenna?

He definitely did an interview on Radio Suffolk

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:26 - Feb 19 with 948 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:24 - Feb 19 by bournemouthblue

McKenna?

He definitely did an interview on Radio Suffolk

No, he is referring to Cook.

Interesting the two extremes of feeling towards him on this thread.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:38 - Feb 19 with 841 viewsJ2BLUE

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:26 - Feb 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, he is referring to Cook.

Interesting the two extremes of feeling towards him on this thread.

I don't think my opinion is extreme. He is a good manager based on his overall record. He came here to do a job under one set of circumstances and ended up working under a different system. A decent man doing a job where it didn't work out. I'd say my opinion is balanced, not extreme in any way

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:45 - Feb 19 with 773 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Paul Cook 1st home game as Chesterfield manager on 18:38 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

I don't think my opinion is extreme. He is a good manager based on his overall record. He came here to do a job under one set of circumstances and ended up working under a different system. A decent man doing a job where it didn't work out. I'd say my opinion is balanced, not extreme in any way

That is the positive extreme. I can see your view too. He did seem a nice bloke who was genuinely interested in football as an entertainment business.

However, I can also see the other extreme. He was arrogant and inflexible, never held his hands up and threw multiple players under the bus frequently.

I am glad he is no longer our manager. As with all our ex-players and managers, I retain an interest in how they do now they have left. However, I find myself neither keen that he succeeds nor particularly wanting to see him fail.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024