Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sophie Rayworth 09:49 - Feb 20 with 2655 viewsblueislander

Currently giving Boris a real grilling. He is squirming.
Sophie Rayworth on 09:57 - Feb 20 with 2059 viewsKeno

Your only jealous, you’d like her to do that to you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sophie Rayworth on 09:59 - Feb 20 with 2037 viewsblueislander

Sophie Rayworth on 09:57 - Feb 20 by Keno

Your only jealous, you’d like her to do that to you

She’s no Joan Bakewell though.
Sophie Rayworth on 09:59 - Feb 20 with 2040 viewsElderGrizzly

Sadly, not a bit of it matters until the sycophants in his party grow a backbone
Sophie Rayworth on 10:11 - Feb 20 with 1971 viewsKeno

Sophie Rayworth on 09:59 - Feb 20 by blueislander

She’s no Joan Bakewell though.

just for you

Sophie Rayworth on 10:14 - Feb 20 with 1965 viewsPendejo

Sophie Rayworth on 09:59 - Feb 20 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly, not a bit of it matters until the sycophants in his party grow a backbone

Had a short conversation with my sister about Boris last night, she wasn't worried how bent the Tories are on the basis all politicians are, then said who else do you vote for? Then sneered "labour?"

I can't believe that any self respecting working class person can be so blind to the inhuman malevolence, despicable lying and downright rapacious thieving of the Eton Boys.

My response was anyone other than them, Monster Racing Loony Party, anyone.

But I guess she's insulated from many issues; lives with my father in his house rent free... he has an excellent pension, so no fuel poverty issues.

How is it that people can accept Boris' lying? The cronyism etc?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sophie Rayworth on 10:15 - Feb 20 with 1958 viewscbower

Seems perverse to say but the Ukraine situation is a political shield for Boris. "Ah, Sophie - forget all that parties and police guff, I'm waiting for that to all blow over. Just look at me playing statesman and saving the world!" was his real message.

bluescouser

Sophie Rayworth on 10:30 - Feb 20 with 1891 viewsblueislander

Sophie Rayworth on 10:11 - Feb 20 by Keno

just for you

Cheers. She was once married to ex-Northgate thespian Jack Emery/
Sophie Rayworth on 10:31 - Feb 20 with 1874 viewsKeno

Sophie Rayworth on 10:30 - Feb 20 by blueislander

Cheers. She was once married to ex-Northgate thespian Jack Emery/

I never knew that!!

See, just shows what going to Northgate can do for a boy

Login to get fewer ads

Sophie Rayworth on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 1833 viewsblueislander

Sophie Rayworth on 10:31 - Feb 20 by Keno

I never knew that!!

See, just shows what going to Northgate can do for a boy

Jack was a contemporary of Trevor Nunn. They were in the year above my brother.
Sophie Rayworth on 10:51 - Feb 20 with 1789 viewsKeno

Sophie Rayworth on 10:38 - Feb 20 by blueislander

Jack was a contemporary of Trevor Nunn. They were in the year above my brother.

Trevor Nunn and Nik Kershaw

quite an eclectic pairing

Sophie Rayworth on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 1777 viewsLeoMuff

Sophie Rayworth on 10:14 - Feb 20 by Pendejo

Had a short conversation with my sister about Boris last night, she wasn't worried how bent the Tories are on the basis all politicians are, then said who else do you vote for? Then sneered "labour?"

I can't believe that any self respecting working class person can be so blind to the inhuman malevolence, despicable lying and downright rapacious thieving of the Eton Boys.

But I guess she's insulated from many issues; lives with my father in his house rent free... he has an excellent pension, so no fuel poverty issues.

Mad isn’t it, pretty common sadly, even a few like that in the NHS - currently on it’s knees, literally no staff and no prospect of any, all coming home to roost after covid and 10 years of cuts.

But no they are all the same, well no not really….

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Sophie Rayworth on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 1755 viewsGuthrum

There is still the underlying fear, based on decades-old propaganda, that Labour will come along and take all folks' comfortable prosperity away, they will hand it to workshy dole scroungers and Other People. That Britain will become like the Soviet Union. Distant echoes, perhaps, of 95% income tax (which was only ever the very top rate), uncollected binbags on the street and Scargill's miners fighting the police.

While the media remains largely controlled by those elements who support unregulated free-market conservatism, there is litte chance of shifting popular opinion. Unless you get someone like Blair who was far enough into their camp they could get behind him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sophie Rayworth on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 1721 viewsblueislander

Sophie Rayworth on 10:51 - Feb 20 by Keno

Trevor Nunn and Nik Kershaw

quite an eclectic pairing

And Luke Hyam ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 11:38]
Sophie Rayworth on 11:31 - Feb 20 with 1677 viewsKeno

Sophie Rayworth on 11:15 - Feb 20 by blueislander

And Luke Hyam ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 11:38]

oh yes and Brian Cant?

Sophie Rayworth on 11:40 - Feb 20 with 1639 viewsblueislander

Sophie Rayworth on 11:31 - Feb 20 by Keno

oh yes and Brian Cant?

And from the Northgate girls school Jane Lapatoire née Burgess.
Sophie Rayworth on 12:04 - Feb 20 with 1578 viewsjontysnut

Sophie Rayworth on 11:40 - Feb 20 by blueislander

And from the Northgate girls school Jane Lapatoire née Burgess.

In the George and Mildred film (admittedly a long way from Jane Lapportaire) Mildred introduces herself to a chap as 'Mildred Roper, née Trembler'
Sophie Rayworth on 13:32 - Feb 20 with 1442 viewssolomon

Sophie Rayworth on 11:08 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

There is still the underlying fear, based on decades-old propaganda, that Labour will come along and take all folks' comfortable prosperity away, they will hand it to workshy dole scroungers and Other People. That Britain will become like the Soviet Union. Distant echoes, perhaps, of 95% income tax (which was only ever the very top rate), uncollected binbags on the street and Scargill's miners fighting the police.

While the media remains largely controlled by those elements who support unregulated free-market conservatism, there is litte chance of shifting popular opinion. Unless you get someone like Blair who was far enough into their camp they could get behind him.

Maybe but don’t you feel millennials have a different mindset and attitude to social justice? I’m well into my fifties now but the old world of rampant capitalism seems archaic and at odds with what our society and planet needs?
Sophie Rayworth on 13:50 - Feb 20 with 1386 viewsRyorry

Sophie Rayworth on 10:58 - Feb 20 by LeoMuff

Mad isn’t it, pretty common sadly, even a few like that in the NHS - currently on it’s knees, literally no staff and no prospect of any, all coming home to roost after covid and 10 years of cuts.

But no they are all the same, well no not really….

Biggest political shock I've ever had was just prior to 2019 GE - revelation by local NHS worker that she always votes tory & wouldn't be changing anytime soon.

Think my jaw hit the floor.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sophie Rayworth on 14:45 - Feb 20 with 1292 viewsGuthrum

Sophie Rayworth on 13:32 - Feb 20 by solomon

Maybe but don’t you feel millennials have a different mindset and attitude to social justice? I’m well into my fifties now but the old world of rampant capitalism seems archaic and at odds with what our society and planet needs?

Not really. They still want the latest phone, a gap year in the Far East before uni, summer festivals, an electric bike and giant-screen TV, plus subscriptions to Netflix or wherever.

Sure, they would like to save the planet a bit, but are they really prepared to give up anything more than their parents in order to do so?

After all, they've been immersed deep in consumerist culture since birth. They can't remember a time before the internet, homes filled with electronic technology and everyone going on foreign holidays as a matter of course. When a washing machine or a TV was still a relative luxury and not all houses even had a telephone.

How do you develop empathy with the poor whan plentiful credit and well-paid jobs have shielded most from real contact with them? Not to mention the underlying "workhouse" narrative that those in poverty are to blame for their situation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sophie Rayworth on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 1273 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour are also awful. Shamefully inadequate as an alternative because they’re basically not.

I can’t remember when our politics and political commentary were ever quite so devoid of quality or evidence-based discussions and policy. I suspect because there’s rather too little belief in government anyway and it’s “the market” that holds sway in people’s minds.

Shame. The UK could be a much better country than this – and the people certainly deserve better.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sophie Rayworth on 15:14 - Feb 20 with 1206 viewsDarth_Koont

Sophie Rayworth on 14:45 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Not really. They still want the latest phone, a gap year in the Far East before uni, summer festivals, an electric bike and giant-screen TV, plus subscriptions to Netflix or wherever.

Sure, they would like to save the planet a bit, but are they really prepared to give up anything more than their parents in order to do so?

After all, they've been immersed deep in consumerist culture since birth. They can't remember a time before the internet, homes filled with electronic technology and everyone going on foreign holidays as a matter of course. When a washing machine or a TV was still a relative luxury and not all houses even had a telephone.

How do you develop empathy with the poor whan plentiful credit and well-paid jobs have shielded most from real contact with them? Not to mention the underlying "workhouse" narrative that those in poverty are to blame for their situation.

Bit of a Daily Mail hot take for you, Guthers.

I think millennials are a lot more switched on to social and economic injustice compared to the previous generations. Sure, people want nice things too but not at any cost.

Generally speaking if you’ve grown up and have formed your opinions during the age of the Internet then you’ll find it harder to ignore this stuff. Contrast that with older generations that more often fall into echo chambers online because they came at this enormous and varied source of information from a fixed view from the start.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sophie Rayworth on 15:24 - Feb 20 with 1177 viewsjeera

Sophie Rayworth on 15:14 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

I think millennials are a lot more switched on to social and economic injustice compared to the previous generations. Sure, people want nice things too but not at any cost.

Generally speaking if you’ve grown up and have formed your opinions during the age of the Internet then you’ll find it harder to ignore this stuff. Contrast that with older generations that more often fall into echo chambers online because they came at this enormous and varied source of information from a fixed view from the start.

Dunno what to think here. I upped Guthers because I'd say he has a point, but yes on the other hand there's also that strong sense of injustice among the young, but hasn't that always been the case among younger folk throughout time regardless of the internet.

Of course the information is more readily available and online petitions etc are easier to access though too.

I was thinking of a particular day when I read Guthers' post there. I was in my local shop where two young girls who are very vocal in their beliefs about saving the planet (and rightly so too) were in the process of booking a holiday to LA.

They're entitled to a holiday and we're all a bit hypercritical sometimes I know, but it did make me smile a little.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 15:25]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sophie Rayworth on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 1138 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sophie Rayworth on 15:24 - Feb 20 by jeera

Dunno what to think here. I upped Guthers because I'd say he has a point, but yes on the other hand there's also that strong sense of injustice among the young, but hasn't that always been the case among younger folk throughout time regardless of the internet.

Of course the information is more readily available and online petitions etc are easier to access though too.

I was thinking of a particular day when I read Guthers' post there. I was in my local shop where two young girls who are very vocal in their beliefs about saving the planet (and rightly so too) were in the process of booking a holiday to LA.

They're entitled to a holiday and we're all a bit hypercritical sometimes I know, but it did make me smile a little.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 15:25]

Stop worrying, haven't you heard we are all going to be using electric aeroplanes and deep space mining before you know it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sophie Rayworth on 15:41 - Feb 20 with 1125 viewssolomon

Sophie Rayworth on 15:14 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Must admit the younger generation are far more switched on than the older generation, their approach is far less regressive and more pragmatic, i believe they can succeed where we have failed.
Sophie Rayworth on 16:14 - Feb 20 with 1067 viewsGeomorph

Tories have won 75% of post war elections because ‘my husband told me to vote Tory’ … fuucking pathetic
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024