Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How quickly things can change in football 11:09 - Feb 20 with 877 viewsitfcsuth

If you’d have told me two months ago after a miserable evening at The Valley that this squad would have developed into the well oiled machine it has I’d have told you you were barking mad.

There will still be blips along the way, of course there will, but the progression we have made under KM in such a short period of time is a phenomenal.

Every player to a man knows their roles, both in and out of possession, we look such a well coached side now, and it’s so refreshing to see - organisation, discipline, resilience, technical quality, all the foundations of really good sides.

We’ve settled into the 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2, and along with what seems to be excellent coaching, the squad is shining.

Short term ambitions are clearly a play-off spot, but for me it’s the long term prospects of this club that truly excite me.
How quickly things can change in football on 11:16 - Feb 20 with 831 viewsSteve_M

The most positive thing about that night was watching what Jackson had achieved in a short time at Charlton and thinking that the right appointment could have a similar impact here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How quickly things can change in football on 11:24 - Feb 20 with 786 viewspointofblue

How quickly things can change in football on 11:16 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

The most positive thing about that night was watching what Jackson had achieved in a short time at Charlton and thinking that the right appointment could have a similar impact here.

Charlton have gone backwards since Jackson was appointed permanent manager so the warning is there about how quickly things can change.

(All competitions)
As temporary manager: P13 W9 D2 L2
As permanent manager: P13 W4 D1 L8

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How quickly things can change in football on 11:48 - Feb 20 with 690 viewsDubtractor

How quickly things can change in football on 11:24 - Feb 20 by pointofblue

Charlton have gone backwards since Jackson was appointed permanent manager so the warning is there about how quickly things can change.

(All competitions)
As temporary manager: P13 W9 D2 L2
As permanent manager: P13 W4 D1 L8

All gone downhill since they signed Fraser. That's obviously the link.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How quickly things can change in football on 11:50 - Feb 20 with 683 viewspointofblue

How quickly things can change in football on 11:48 - Feb 20 by Dubtractor

In fairness they’d lost three from five before signing him!

How quickly things can change in football on 12:06 - Feb 20 with 624 viewsFrimleyBlue

How quickly things can change in football on 11:50 - Feb 20 by pointofblue

In fairness they’d lost three from five before signing him!

Been injured unfortunately.
2 appearences 1 assist before he did.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How quickly things can change in football on 12:11 - Feb 20 with 590 viewspointofblue

How quickly things can change in football on 12:06 - Feb 20 by FrimleyBlue

Been injured unfortunately.
2 appearences 1 assist before he did.

Tested positive for Covid before yesterday’s match.

How quickly things can change in football on 12:14 - Feb 20 with 573 viewsFrimleyBlue

How quickly things can change in football on 12:11 - Feb 20 by pointofblue

Tested positive for Covid before yesterday’s match.

Poor bloke can't catch a break but caught covid.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How quickly things can change in football on 12:15 - Feb 20 with 572 viewsChurchman

How quickly things can change in football on 11:48 - Feb 20 by Dubtractor

That’s a bit harsh. Funny though.

It is odd how sometimes when a temporary manager is made permanent it goes pear shaped. It’s almost as if the players breath a sigh of relief and go back to what they were. Tbf, Jackson is heart and soul Charlton, I gather a decent bloke too, and I hope they give him time to settle into the job and get it right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024