Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't Blame McKenna 09:01 - Feb 23 with 1286 viewsOldFart71

Anyone who blames McKenna or even the players if we don't reach the playoffs needs to go and support another team. The problem clearly lays with PC who had part of a season to get the old team going and then nearly up to Christmas to get the new group functioning. He did neither. No one can expect a team to win every game. Would be nice. But the pressure due to the number of games left is bound to take it's toll and McKenna hasn't had a transfer window as such because players were either shipped out, went back to their clubs or loans sorted until the end of the season. Some might say PC should have gone a few months earlier as it would have given McKenna just that bit longer to get us going. But I am sure we will keep going until it becomes mathematically impossible to get in the top six. Then maybe a few experiments with youth players and nailing down those who will stay and those who will go.
Don't Blame McKenna on 09:03 - Feb 23 with 1249 viewsStewart27

Chill out
Don't Blame McKenna on 09:06 - Feb 23 with 1217 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure anyone will blame him, or the players , should we ultimately fail to gain promotion.

In the meantime let’s concentrate on giving our full support and enjoy the journey. We haven’t been on an adventure like this in years.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:08 - Feb 23 with 1181 viewsCoastalblue

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:06 - Feb 23 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure anyone will blame him, or the players , should we ultimately fail to gain promotion.

In the meantime let’s concentrate on giving our full support and enjoy the journey. We haven’t been on an adventure like this in years.

Well said, I don't think I've read any criticism of McKenna at all and think any would be unlikely if we continue to progress and look like a team regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs.

Did anybody even expect us to when he came in?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:08 - Feb 23 with 1180 viewsclive_baker

Why would anyone be blaming McKenna?

We drew a game of football, it happens. Relax.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 1136 viewsOldFart71

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:08 - Feb 23 by clive_baker

I agree with you and I am relaxed. There does seem an element on this forum who whinge whether we win, lose or draw. Criticise who's in the team, as with Jackson on Saturday and are then made to look stupid by his performance. Everyone should just let McKenna get on with the job. He is still both learning his trade. Trying to get a top six position and sort out who he needs to bring in next season and obviously that is dependent on which League we are in.
Don't Blame McKenna on 09:27 - Feb 23 with 1122 viewsChurchman

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:08 - Feb 23 by clive_baker

Exactly this. KM has done a great job since he’s come in both with the team and the PR stuff. I doubt anyone else could have done better. A good comparison is Charlton who looked stronger than us a couple of months ago and have unravelled. Same with Sunderland in recent weeks. Even Gollum Neil hasn’t had any effect yet.

There’s lots to do with our team and I still think we will fall short of the play offs. Too many points dropped first half of the season. McKenna has lots to learn too, about management, the club and the area. I think he’s going to do well, especially if people give him space to make the odd mistake, which he is bound to do.

However, there are few teams stronger than us in this division at the moment and with a defence like that we will go into next season even stronger.

As you say, we drew last night. It happens
Don't Blame McKenna on 09:28 - Feb 23 with 1113 viewsclive_baker

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:23 - Feb 23 by OldFart71

I agree with you and I am relaxed. There does seem an element on this forum who whinge whether we win, lose or draw. Criticise who's in the team, as with Jackson on Saturday and are then made to look stupid by his performance. Everyone should just let McKenna get on with the job. He is still both learning his trade. Trying to get a top six position and sort out who he needs to bring in next season and obviously that is dependent on which League we are in.

I think disagreeing about who should and shouldn't be playing has always happened among supporters of all clubs, either in the pub after the game, the car on the way home or online. It's part of the fun, and people are entitled to their opinions.

Don't think anyone is knocking McKenna, he's done an excellent job thus far. You only have to watch us to see that, and to see the results and specifically the goals against column to see what a job he's doing. If you extrapolate our return in his 11 games across a season we would finish on 96 points with <17 conceded. It's a phenomenal impact in a short space of time, I think everyone agrees with that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:36 - Feb 23 with 1075 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:23 - Feb 23 by OldFart71

I don't think you understand how a football forum works

People discuss lineups, performances, Motm, those who weren't great, those who'd they'd have prefered etc, it's been done for years even before the Internet begun, If you don't want to read it, find a thread you want to read.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Don't Blame McKenna on 09:39 - Feb 23 with 1062 viewslazyblue

Personally I feel if we made the playoffs it would be massive bonus after the poor poor start we made, next season should be pretty good though.
Don't Blame McKenna on 10:13 - Feb 23 with 970 viewsBlueBadger

Literally no-one is doing this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't Blame McKenna on 10:19 - Feb 23 with 946 viewsTJS

I'm judging McKenna on actual points on the board since he joined and nothing else.
23 points from 11 games (nearly quarter of a season) is automatic promotion form.
Don't Blame McKenna on 10:54 - Feb 23 with 861 viewsBurnsBabyBurns

I personally will be placing the blame on McKenna, how dare we not win every game.
Don't Blame McKenna on 11:16 - Feb 23 with 774 viewsIllinoisblue

Nobody is doing that. Although some fans might fairly ask why (Evans injury aside) change a team that had just won 3-0.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Don't Blame McKenna on 11:21 - Feb 23 with 755 viewsjeera

Everything about this post is so out of place.

It's another post that's been pre-written in anticipation of something that, not only hasn't happened, wouldn't even hypothetically happen for another several weeks.

You've shot too early.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024