Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form, Confidence or style of play 15:34 - Feb 23 with 900 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Been pondering after last night why none of our strikers are getting on the end of chances. I think Bonne's chance near the end and a Jackson shot from outside the box were the only shots from our strikers of the 17 shots we had. Since KMcK took over one Jackson goal, one Bonne goal and two from Norwood is the sum total. During this time Burns has 5, Chaplin 3 Celina 1 and Bakinson 1. I can't quite believe it is all down to the form of individual players, it must also be down to the way we are setting up and how we look to create openings. Good as our results have been since January, unless we start creating and converting chances for at least one of our strikers I think we will suffer more frustrating games like last night.
Form, Confidence or style of play on 17:25 - Feb 23 with 798 viewsArnieM

We take so long to get the ball forward to them in the box (we’re often too busy making nice patterns of passing play in the middle third of the pitch), that by the time we do get the ball in the box , the strikers are either amply marked or have drifted out of the box looking for the ball.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Form, Confidence or style of play on 17:29 - Feb 23 with 782 viewsFrimleyBlue

Because we had 2 no.10s who interest was to be the scorer not the supplier.

Celina all the right things on the ball but to often chose to go himself rather than set others.

Chaplin was worse. I'd have hooked him off at HT out of principal for how selfish he was with Jackson screaming for the ball every 5 minutes and just ignoring him to lose the ball 2 minutes later or blast it over the bar.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Form, Confidence or style of play on 19:02 - Feb 23 with 688 viewsBlueBadger

Form, Confidence or style of play on 17:25 - Feb 23 by ArnieM

We take so long to get the ball forward to them in the box (we’re often too busy making nice patterns of passing play in the middle third of the pitch), that by the time we do get the ball in the box , the strikers are either amply marked or have drifted out of the box looking for the ball.

And yet, we've won 7 of the last eleven.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Form, Confidence or style of play on 19:25 - Feb 23 with 655 viewsFrimleyBlue

Form, Confidence or style of play on 19:02 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

Just following on from my other reply BB. I've noticed how we've only scored 3 goals in the 5 games celina and Chaplin have both started.. do you think it's a case that 1 of them has to start rather than both as to me 3 in 5 overall is quite a low return.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Form, Confidence or style of play on 20:19 - Feb 23 with 607 viewsArnieM

Form, Confidence or style of play on 19:02 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

He asked why our strikers weren’t scoring. I’ve answered why ( in my view) our strikers are not scoring goals.

Would you care to answer his question then since you’re such a smart arse!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Form, Confidence or style of play on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 583 viewsjeera

Form, Confidence or style of play on 17:25 - Feb 23 by ArnieM

"We take so long to get the ball forward to them in the box"

Seriously?

First half last night, (and on Saturday), Town were moving the ball up the field pretty damn quick most of the time.

I'm no expert by far but it's obvious that the whole team is being encouraged to be more versatile and it has showed by the goals coming from a more varied angle.

The team is playing more fluidly.

That's a good thing and something we've cried out for for years.

We don't want to be one-dimensional.

Last night was disappointing in the sense that we deserved better given our first half display, but it's up to us to convert and not bemoan lost chances.

I'm still convinced we might have scraped a win had Pigott not tackled Bersant when he did but there we go, no point in slagging off our own player.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Form, Confidence or style of play on 20:39 - Feb 23 with 571 viewsChurchman

We are now a good team for this level. Strong defence, dominating games. I think somebody is going to be on the thick end of a hiding before the season is done. How many times can we say that in the past 14 years? Yep, that’s right, never.

It may not be enough this year but next season? We are going the right way. KM will sort out the forwards/partnerships etc in time.
Form, Confidence or style of play on 23:38 - Feb 23 with 475 viewsBlueBadger

Form, Confidence or style of play on 20:19 - Feb 23 by ArnieM

He asked why our strikers weren’t scoring. I’ve answered why ( in my view) our strikers are not scoring goals.

Would you care to answer his question then since you’re such a smart arse!

They're scoring enough for us to win 7 game sin our last 11....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Form, Confidence or style of play on 01:00 - Feb 24 with 428 viewsBigCommon

It's difficult to answer this, without sounding like I'm having a pop at one or two players. But I'll try.....
In a nutshell, our strikers finishing hasn't been great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024