Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. 19:20 - Feb 24 with 2334 viewsSamuelowen88

Some very brave people in Russia right now.

Am I nieve in thinking this might achieve anything?

Poll: England v Wales Score

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:24 - Feb 24 with 2104 viewsBlueBadger

Note to self: must refresh before posting something near identical.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:30 - Feb 24 with 2072 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The scariest thing about all of it, is that Putin appears to have gone completely off the rails.

There is no logic or reason coming out of him now. For want of a better word, he appears to be your stereotypical madman.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:35 - Feb 24 with 2046 viewsChurchman

They are very very brave. They’ll be rounded up soon enough, sadly. Putin will take the opportunity to remove the last remnants of opposition. I wonder if Navalny will make it to Easter?
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:43 - Feb 24 with 2012 viewsMullet

Just touched on this myself (apologies). Unfortunately I fear for many/all of them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:46 - Feb 24 with 1999 viewsGuthrum

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/moscow-theater-director-calls-putin-160449969.html

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:01 - Feb 24 with 1936 viewsSimonds92

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:30 - Feb 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

The scariest thing about all of it, is that Putin appears to have gone completely off the rails.

There is no logic or reason coming out of him now. For want of a better word, he appears to be your stereotypical madman.

I have the feeling he's an unwell man and he wants to take the whole world with him
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 20:05]
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:05 - Feb 24 with 1907 viewsgiant_stow

The most heartening bit of news today.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:16 - Feb 24 with 1850 viewsSamuelowen88

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:05 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

The most heartening bit of news today.

Bit more here

Poll: England v Wales Score

Login to get fewer ads

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:17 - Feb 24 with 1847 viewshype313

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:01 - Feb 24 by Simonds92

I have the feeling he's an unwell man and he wants to take the whole world with him
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 20:05]

That was my initial thought, but looking further he has been planning this for years, no imports from Europe, building up huge finances so to mitigate sanctions etc.

This is a long game, and I fear all our leaders have been put in checkmate.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:33 - Feb 24 with 1780 viewsgiant_stow

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:16 - Feb 24 by Samuelowen88

Bit more here

Very brave people.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:44 - Feb 24 with 1733 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presumably we’re all seeing the same, so a lot of you will have seen this

Incredibly brave people. The crowd looks small to me, as we’ve had over a million people at anti-war protests in the past m. But that in itself probably tells you how rare an event this is and how much these people are risking. The Mrs tells me she’s seen a report of over 700 people arrested, just for protesting. If true, horrendous but not surprising (this is where the Policing Bill will take us if voted through btw - I’m not sure people realise how important the right to protest is).
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 20:47]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:02 - Feb 24 with 1672 viewsSteve_M

Some balls to do this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:28 - Feb 24 with 1590 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:44 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

Incredibly brave people. The crowd looks small to me, as we’ve had over a million people at anti-war protests in the past m. But that in itself probably tells you how rare an event this is and how much these people are risking. The Mrs tells me she’s seen a report of over 700 people arrested, just for protesting. If true, horrendous but not surprising (this is where the Policing Bill will take us if voted through btw - I’m not sure people realise how important the right to protest is).

Ultimately there is no overpowering the large majority of the people. Here is hoping this is the start of a massive uprising, supported by some powerful people that will see the end of Putin. I hope I am not being naïve hoping and praying for this.

I am hoping this is the thing that Putin has not calculated for. He has always known the effectiveness of controlling his people by oppression in the past.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 21:31]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:37 - Feb 24 with 1518 viewsEdwardStone

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:28 - Feb 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ultimately there is no overpowering the large majority of the people. Here is hoping this is the start of a massive uprising, supported by some powerful people that will see the end of Putin. I hope I am not being naïve hoping and praying for this.

I am hoping this is the thing that Putin has not calculated for. He has always known the effectiveness of controlling his people by oppression in the past.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 21:31]

The Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia was a peaceful transition

But I am not sure Pootin' would realise that the game's up and hand over power gently

He is determined to be seen as a Strong Man and he is fully aware of his Destiny
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:42 - Feb 24 with 1495 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:37 - Feb 24 by EdwardStone

The Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia was a peaceful transition

But I am not sure Pootin' would realise that the game's up and hand over power gently

He is determined to be seen as a Strong Man and he is fully aware of his Destiny

And yet he still relies on sufficient support, especially amongst the powerful people in charge of organisations like the police, the KGB and the army. It is probably a complete hope out of nowhere but I hope enough of these people are ready to take a stand against him. Or that there are those in a position to depose those who aren't.

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:49 - Feb 24 with 1459 viewsEdwardStone

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:42 - Feb 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

And yet he still relies on sufficient support, especially amongst the powerful people in charge of organisations like the police, the KGB and the army. It is probably a complete hope out of nowhere but I hope enough of these people are ready to take a stand against him. Or that there are those in a position to depose those who aren't.

I think the Velvet Revolution played out over several days, enormous crowds gathering in every town square and jingling their keys

The Riot Police were present and watching, but didn't get involved apart from 1 or 2 isolated incidents

Let us see how these protests pan out....fingers crossed that Putin's madness is the catalyst for something better
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:50 - Feb 24 with 1455 viewstextbackup

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 19:30 - Feb 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

My money is on him being terminally ill and his final fantasy is to cause utter mayhem before he finally departs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:59 - Feb 24 with 1402 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:50 - Feb 24 by textbackup

My money is on him being terminally ill and his final fantasy is to cause utter mayhem before he finally departs

And will those around him join him in it or deal with him? There must be a limit to what those following him immediately below him will blindly follow.

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 22:02 - Feb 24 with 1367 viewstextbackup

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:59 - Feb 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

And will those around him join him in it or deal with him? There must be a limit to what those following him immediately below him will blindly follow.

Scared of him IMO, once he dies they’ll all chill out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 22:02 - Feb 24 with 1353 viewsChurchman

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 21:50 - Feb 24 by textbackup

He looks as fit as a butchers dog to me. He just sees an opportunity he has worked for for years. He’s 69, so where you are right is that time is not on his side.
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 22:20 - Feb 24 with 1259 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 20:44 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

Anyone fancy taking a little time off work to walk to Moscow via Ukraine? Just as long as we're back by the end of July for my other walk.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 08:26 - Feb 25 with 1008 viewsSteve_M

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 09:30 - Feb 25 with 925 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 08:26 - Feb 25 by Steve_M

Powerful stuff....it is in the hands of normal people not to do as they are told.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 09:57 - Feb 25 with 892 viewsBloomBlue

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 08:26 - Feb 25 by Steve_M

And she is spot on with 'you are fascists!'
A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 10:10 - Feb 25 with 864 viewsSteve_M

A reminder that this is Putin, not the Russian people. on 09:30 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Powerful stuff....it is in the hands of normal people not to do as they are told.

Indeed.

The Committee of Soldiers Mothers in Russia are as similarly brave group of people, they've been protesting about the conditions Russian troops have been in over the last few weeks and, previously, about the callous disregard for Russian casualties in 2014. All of which follows on from similar actions during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024