Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abramovic and Chelsea 22:33 - Feb 24 with 1679 viewsreusersfreekicks

Will he have Chelsea taken from him. Always left a bad taste, footballers earning millions stolen from Russian people. Lampard and Terry singing Abramovich's name to the crowd.
Feck the lot of them
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 22:33]
Abramovic and Chelsea on 22:43 - Feb 24 with 1620 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think a v strong case to be made.

Sport can lead on this.

Russia should be expelled from all sporting competition, football clubs thrown out of all UEFA competitions, Russian national team banned. Try to encourage all kids not to do business with Russian clubs.

Soci grand prix should cancelled

Russia banned indefinitely from Olympics, world's, Europeans and any other sporting event they care to enter even under the banner of ROC athletes.

The world needs to make the Russain state a parriah however we all know that it's in certain countries interest ro turn a blind eye.

Putin has lost the plot got drunk on his unchecked annexation of the Crimea.

Tragic events at the behest of a mad man

All sporti

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Abramovic and Chelsea on 23:11 - Feb 24 with 1513 viewsIllinoisblue

It’d be nice and long overdue but how does it work? Who takes the club from him and how? Can’t see it’s in any way workable

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Abramovic and Chelsea on 00:43 - Feb 25 with 1370 viewsMelford

He's not Russian anymore, he's Portuguese.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/19/roman-abramovich-gains-eu-citizens

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:07 - Feb 25 with 1158 viewsVic

Abramovic and Chelsea on 22:43 - Feb 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Sport can lead on this.

Russia should be expelled from all sporting competition, football clubs thrown out of all UEFA competitions, Russian national team banned. Try to encourage all kids not to do business with Russian clubs.

Russia banned indefinitely from Olympics, world's, Europeans and any other sporting event they care to enter even under the banner of ROC athletes.

The world needs to make the Russain state a parriah however we all know that it's in certain countries interest ro turn a blind eye.

All sporti

None of this will stop what Russia is doing - BUT to make them a total pariah at every level of society is the least we can do. Why on earth should the country as a whole be able to continue taking part in international events when it invades another sovereign territory? It would be wrong, in my opinion, to say ‘but sport is nothing to do with politics’. At one level that’s true, but at another level Putin would love to portray that. He’s the countries leader and all peaceful measures possible must be taken against them. Isolate the country completely.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:41 - Feb 25 with 1106 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Abramovic and Chelsea on 22:43 - Feb 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Sport can lead on this.

All sporti

Ha!

My thought exactly, but none of them will do it. If the FA get a fine for supporters wearing poppies in the stands at a November international as it is a "political symbol" then they will find a way to maintain their income over a few dead civilians.

"The situation in Ukraine is not a situation for football, sport's greatest attribute is the bringing together of countries and the world, we pray for peace, but continue to line our pockets"

Any elite sport above the second tier is inherently corrupt.

I doubt anything will happen to Russia beyond being booed at events and matches.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:46 - Feb 25 with 1084 viewsVic

I doubt RA will be showing his face at Chelsea anytime soon! Can you imagine the reception yet!!! He’s just the kind of person that should be speaking out against Putin though. Bet he won’t, which makes him as culperble as his president.

Abramovic and Chelsea on 09:23 - Feb 25 with 1033 viewsnoggin

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:41 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Ha!

My thought exactly, but none of them will do it. If the FA get a fine for supporters wearing poppies in the stands at a November international as it is a "political symbol" then they will find a way to maintain their income over a few dead civilians.

"The situation in Ukraine is not a situation for football, sport's greatest attribute is the bringing together of countries and the world, we pray for peace, but continue to line our pockets"

Any elite sport above the second tier is inherently corrupt.

I doubt anything will happen to Russia beyond being booed at events and matches.

The FA get a fine for fans wearing poppies?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Abramovic and Chelsea on 10:15 - Feb 25 with 985 viewsBloomBlue

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:46 - Feb 25 by Vic

I doubt RA will be showing his face at Chelsea anytime soon! Can you imagine the reception yet!!! He’s just the kind of person that should be speaking out against Putin though. Bet he won’t, which makes him as culperble as his president.

Is RA allowed in the Country now? Must admit I've lost track where that situation ended up I assumed he was still banned from entering the UK
Login to get fewer ads

Abramovic and Chelsea on 10:27 - Feb 25 with 967 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Abramovic and Chelsea on 09:23 - Feb 25 by noggin

The FA get a fine for fans wearing poppies?

Yes.

FAW in this instance, but there are examples of all four home nations getting the same treatment.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/guqmvbaj2ojb1ogj8qk5riqw6/fans-wearing-of-poppies-un

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Abramovic and Chelsea on 11:01 - Feb 25 with 919 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:07 - Feb 25 by Vic

None of this will stop what Russia is doing - BUT to make them a total pariah at every level of society is the least we can do. Why on earth should the country as a whole be able to continue taking part in international events when it invades another sovereign territory? It would be wrong, in my opinion, to say ‘but sport is nothing to do with politics’. At one level that’s true, but at another level Putin would love to portray that. He’s the countries leader and all peaceful measures possible must be taken against them. Isolate the country completely.

No it won't, doing this would only really be the smallest of tokens but take away as much prestige as they can, make them as insignificant as possible until there is genuine regime change.

I think more than anything sport can lead by setting the tone and I applaud Seb Vettels stance on the GP.

Foe F1 to say they are monitoring events, it's not needed. The moment Russian boots hit Ukrainian soil it should have been scapped.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Abramovic and Chelsea on 11:43 - Feb 25 with 844 viewsVic

Abramovic and Chelsea on 11:01 - Feb 25 by BlueandTruesince82

No it won't, doing this would only really be the smallest of tokens but take away as much prestige as they can, make them as insignificant as possible until there is genuine regime change.

I think more than anything sport can lead by setting the tone and I applaud Seb Vettels stance on the GP.

Foe F1 to say they are monitoring events, it's not needed. The moment Russian boots hit Ukrainian soil it should have been scapped.

Totally agree.

Abramovic and Chelsea on 15:35 - Feb 25 with 715 viewsjontysnut

Abramovic and Chelsea on 08:07 - Feb 25 by Vic

Yes throwing them out of Eurovision isn't going to change much but pariah status where the rest of the world just ignores them for everything might it difficult for Putin to take oligarchs and his own people with him.
Abramovic and Chelsea on 15:46 - Feb 25 with 698 viewshype313

He taken out sanction insurance, essentially a £2b loan to Chelsea.

Although I did see his daughter post this

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024