Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... 09:52 - Feb 25 with 1197 viewsKieran_Knows

... not sure if that's already been mentioned?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 09:55 - Feb 25 with 1162 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just putting 2+2 together and looking at Cook's old players aren't they?
Championship clubs apparently sniffing, I can't see it if thats the case.

I don't exactly recall Cook waxing lyrical about Simpson previously.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 09:56 - Feb 25 with 1144 viewstractorboy1978

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 09:55 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Just putting 2+2 together and looking at Cook's old players aren't they?
Championship clubs apparently sniffing, I can't see it if thats the case.

I don't exactly recall Cook waxing lyrical about Simpson previously.

Can't he go on loan to Chesterfield now though? Whereas cannot go to another football league club.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 09:57 - Feb 25 with 1130 viewsitfcjoe

Makes sense, if he isn't going to play here then a spell in the National league is best he can do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:00 - Feb 25 with 1100 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 09:56 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

Can't he go on loan to Chesterfield now though? Whereas cannot go to another football league club.

Not sure at National League level. But if we wouldn't loan him back to a L2 club where he was playing and scoring, why would we now loan him to a National League club when he still hasn't signed a new contract?

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:01 - Feb 25 with 1082 viewstractorboy1978

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:00 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not sure at National League level. But if we wouldn't loan him back to a L2 club where he was playing and scoring, why would we now loan him to a National League club when he still hasn't signed a new contract?

Because that was clearly a power play (that didn't work) as he wanted to go back to Swindon. We'd have to be a bit silly to not let him go and play some football now.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:01 - Feb 25 with 1082 viewsGlasgowBlue

No wins in 3 for Cook. Sounds familiar.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:03 - Feb 25 with 1064 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:01 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

Because that was clearly a power play (that didn't work) as he wanted to go back to Swindon. We'd have to be a bit silly to not let him go and play some football now.

No chance that we've got him here to give him the chance to ask questions of the first team strikers no? Bar Jackson last week, none of them are really setting the world alight are they?

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:03 - Feb 25 with 1064 viewsChrisd

Simpson could be in a very strong position here, contract up for discussion and Chesterfield are one of the 'big payers' in the National League. Naturally, you don't want to lose a player of Simpson's potential, but you could understand if his head is turned if they start suggesting some serious numbers to him.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:03 - Feb 25 with 1051 viewsBobsthename

I think would should give him a game he can’t be no worse than our strikers at the moment if it works out brilliant if doesn’t let him move on end of season .
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:05 - Feb 25 with 1033 viewstractorboy1978

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:03 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

No chance that we've got him here to give him the chance to ask questions of the first team strikers no? Bar Jackson last week, none of them are really setting the world alight are they?

He's nowhere near is he. He did well enough at Swindon but he's not going to get minutes ahead of Pigott, Jackson, Norwood and Bonne.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:07 - Feb 25 with 1018 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:05 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

He's nowhere near is he. He did well enough at Swindon but he's not going to get minutes ahead of Pigott, Jackson, Norwood and Bonne.

No, definitely not.

McKenna: Not Impossible For Simpson to Break Into the Squad 18th Feb 2022 16:29
Blues boss Kieran McKenna says he had a chat young striker Tyreece Simpson this week and says it’s not impossible that the 20-year-old could break into the first team squad in the remaining months of the season. 23

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:09 - Feb 25 with 992 viewstractorboy1978

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:07 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, definitely not.

McKenna: Not Impossible For Simpson to Break Into the Squad 18th Feb 2022 16:29
Blues boss Kieran McKenna says he had a chat young striker Tyreece Simpson this week and says it’s not impossible that the 20-year-old could break into the first team squad in the remaining months of the season. 23

He's not going to say anything else is he.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:14 - Feb 25 with 940 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:09 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

He's not going to say anything else is he.

When have you known McKenna to bullsh^t in interviews?
He didn't have to mention Simpson at all.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 10:14]

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:17 - Feb 25 with 907 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:14 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

He was asked about him, it doesn't sound as though he is anywhere close in that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:17 - Feb 25 with 902 viewstractorboy1978

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:14 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's going to take a lot for him to get ahead of four decent strikers plus the likes of Aluko, Chaplin, Celina who all play in those attacking roles.

I do think some people are going massively over board about our strikers, the goals may not be rattling in but their all round play has generally been decent and we've won 7 in 11.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:18 - Feb 25 with 907 viewsPhilTWTD

No approach, from what I understand, but I had heard whispers that he might show interest in some of the U23s prior to that tweet.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:19 - Feb 25 with 893 viewsGeoffSentence

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:01 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Threw away a two goal lead in the Solihull Moors game too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:22 - Feb 25 with 873 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:17 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

It's going to take a lot for him to get ahead of four decent strikers plus the likes of Aluko, Chaplin, Celina who all play in those attacking roles.

I do think some people are going massively over board about our strikers, the goals may not be rattling in but their all round play has generally been decent and we've won 7 in 11.

OK. Doesn't really matter anyway does it. He'll either go out on loan or he won't.

Personally, I think if we drop away from the play off chase, (its still not certain at the moment), then McKenna will want to take a proper look in the last couple of games of the season.

You think its possible he'll go to Chesterfield, I think it's just paper talk.

There are bigger things going on in the world so I'll just agree to disagree rather than try to convince anyone that they are wrong and I'm right. You may very well be right, (genuinely), I guess we'll find out shortly.

Would be a shame to lose him though.

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:22 - Feb 25 with 874 viewsBobsthename

I’m thinking if he is finished here and won’t be played he’ll go to Swindon end of season on a free so he is in a good position already read fans and players on twitter saying see you next season.
Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:40 - Feb 25 with 824 viewsITFC_Forever

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:19 - Feb 25 by GeoffSentence

Threw away a two goal lead in the Solihull Moors game too.

After having a man sent off after 20 minutes to be fair...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 11:29 - Feb 25 with 722 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Cook looking to sign Tyreece Simpson for Chesterfield... on 10:01 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Still gelling, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024