Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i 01:38 - Feb 26 with 938 viewsITFC_History

How Molby got away with moving the ball 10 yards forward for that free kick I never know. Alf Buksh (who went of injured at half time) would have spotted that.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 1:43]
On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 05:05 - Feb 26 with 826 viewstrncbluearmy

Statement performance,confirmed we were a good team going places,
the sort of performance the current team needs
On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 06:18 - Feb 26 with 798 viewsRomeo4

I was there. My abiding memories being a young Steve McManaman looking so dangerous every time he got near our box, an inevitability that Molby’s free kick was destined for the top bin but mostly that Stevie Whitton cross and limbs everywhere. Excellent performance by Town that night.
On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 07:22 - Feb 26 with 750 viewsFacefacts

And the Kop standing to applaud John Wark off when he was substituted.
On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 07:25 - Feb 26 with 742 viewsChurchman

On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 06:18 - Feb 26 by Romeo4

I was there. My abiding memories being a young Steve McManaman looking so dangerous every time he got near our box, an inevitability that Molby’s free kick was destined for the top bin but mostly that Stevie Whitton cross and limbs everywhere. Excellent performance by Town that night.

I was there too. My overriding memory was how we got stronger and stronger as the second half progressed. The equalising goal was coming and when Gavin Johnson scored - mayhem. We were excellent that night.
On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 08:25 - Feb 26 with 660 viewsITFC_Forever

Still one of my favourite goals / games.

Can remember Johnson’s header clear as day and thinking it’s past Grobelaar, it’s under the bar, IT’S IN!!!

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 08:40 - Feb 26 with 630 viewsTrumptonBlue

I’d always assumed the free kick was given for a ‘foul’ on Saunders by Zondervan on the edge of the box when the ball ran on rather than for the sandwiching of McManaman. You don’t see it on that clip but it’s on the longer highlights.

On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 10:26 - Feb 26 with 536 viewsFifeITFC

On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 07:22 - Feb 26 by Facefacts

And the Kop standing to applaud John Wark off when he was substituted.

Of course, the Kop was terracing at that point so they were already standing...

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

On this day 30 years ago & the magnificent scenes when Johnson's goal went i on 14:59 - Feb 26 with 402 viewsFacefacts

A thing I just remembered, haven't rewatched the YouTube video, I felt that the referee was just playing on in the first half until Liverpool scored. 48th/49th minute when they scored, no way was there that much injury time. Shows how well we played in the second half and beyond to get back into the game with the body blow of the timing of their first goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024