Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am starting to get quite annoyed…. 10:13 - Feb 26 with 5339 viewsWD19

At western media types who seem to be increasingly suggesting that the Ukrainians are only ‘going to make things worse for themselves’ by resisting…..and suggestion ‘all this could be sorted and we could go back to normal’ and ‘avoid the deaths of innocent civilians’ if the Ukrainians would just agree to demilitarise and become neutral.

I know we all want it to go away, but giving a bully what he wants for a quiet life never quite works out how you hope in the long run. Some in the west …..having wooed them away from Russias sphere of influence…..are now letting Ukraine down badly.
I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:39 - Feb 26 with 2944 viewsFBI

Sorry, accidental downvote - mweant to click up.

Well said, WD

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 2924 viewsZXBlue

Can you point us to an example?
I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:47 - Feb 26 with 2896 viewsWD19

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:42 - Feb 26 by ZXBlue

Yes. Turn on BBC news 24 and listen to the various anchors and correspondents.
I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:50 - Feb 26 with 2877 viewsgiant_stow

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:42 - Feb 26 by ZXBlue

I've seen loads like this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60532586

Not sure i completely agree with the OP though. Personally I can see the value in questioning whether a huge bloody battle is really worth it. The answer should of course come from the Ukrainians themselves and has nothing to do with us.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:52 - Feb 26 with 2879 viewsLord_Lucan

From the information coming out (which may of course be bravado and propaganda from our side) I am mightily impressed - but not in the least bit surprised - by the resilience of the Ukraine people, suffice to say that I don't think this will be the catwalk that Putin might imagine.

I am also blown away by the bravery of the Russian people having the balls to demonstrate in what will ultimately lead to serious repercussions for them down the line.

Putin is a dictator and I would imagine is fairly safe from overthrow as he has the money to keep people close but I do hope and wonder if this might be the start of some kind of downfall.

This is all a long burner though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:00 - Feb 26 with 2795 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 10:52 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

From the information coming out (which may of course be bravado and propaganda from our side) I am mightily impressed - but not in the least bit surprised - by the resilience of the Ukraine people, suffice to say that I don't think this will be the catwalk that Putin might imagine.

I am also blown away by the bravery of the Russian people having the balls to demonstrate in what will ultimately lead to serious repercussions for them down the line.

Putin is a dictator and I would imagine is fairly safe from overthrow as he has the money to keep people close but I do hope and wonder if this might be the start of some kind of downfall.

This is all a long burner though.

Did you change your avatar just for me!! Have an uppie anyway.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:02 - Feb 26 with 2772 viewsLord_Lucan

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:00 - Feb 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Did you change your avatar just for me!! Have an uppie anyway.

I changed it yesterday but I'm still showing a gazelle like Charlie Watts - my avatars never change my side despite refreshing.

Gav?????????????

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:08 - Feb 26 with 2717 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:02 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I changed it yesterday but I'm still showing a gazelle like Charlie Watts - my avatars never change my side despite refreshing.

Gav?????????????

Me too...I can still only see the beloved Margaret despite changing to a Banksy.

Login to get fewer ads

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:11 - Feb 26 with 2675 viewsLord_Lucan

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:08 - Feb 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Me too...I can still only see the beloved Margaret despite changing to a Banksy.

I'm also seeing Maggie

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:15 - Feb 26 with 2653 viewsgiant_stow

Try clearing your cache(might slow some sites down briefly)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:19 - Feb 26 with 2618 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:11 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I'm also seeing Maggie

Whaaaaaat!
Gavvvvvvvvv???

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:29 - Feb 26 with 2589 viewsWacko

I agree with your sentiment / principle, but it's a bit more complicated than a choice of giving in or standing up to a bully, and relates back to this: https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansio

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:44 - Feb 26 with 2518 viewsLord_Lucan

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:29 - Feb 26 by Wacko

I agree with your sentiment / principle, but it's a bit more complicated than a choice of giving in or standing up to a bully, and relates back to this: https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansio

Putin is a dictator and oppressive, he is a complete loon and should not be doing what he is.

I do though see the EU and Nato expansion argument, of course I suppose each country can ask to join what they want - but if one was to put oneself back a few years I am not sure we would be happy if our close neighbour's started to join The Warsaw Pact.

Like most issues things are deeper and more complicated.

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:49 - Feb 26 with 2476 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mine is the same as well.

Something not right here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:51 - Feb 26 with 2460 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:44 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Putin is a dictator and oppressive, he is a complete loon and should not be doing what he is.

I do though see the EU and Nato expansion argument, of course I suppose each country can ask to join what they want - but if one was to put oneself back a few years I am not sure we would be happy if our close neighbour's started to join The Warsaw Pact.

Like most issues things are deeper and more complicated.

Correct. But as much as we would be disappointed and feel marginally threatened, we would never dream of invading that country in order to force it to comply with our demands. Even if it were a former part of our union like Scotland or Ireland.

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:54 - Feb 26 with 2415 viewsGavTWTD

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:19 - Feb 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Whaaaaaat!
Gavvvvvvvvv???

I was getting the old avatars too until I hit refresh. Just reload the page with the avatars on.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:56 - Feb 26 with 2379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:54 - Feb 26 by GavTWTD

I was getting the old avatars too until I hit refresh. Just reload the page with the avatars on.

Are you saying that you can now see our new avatars because have refreshed and reloaded, restarted the PC and still just get the greyhound.

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:58 - Feb 26 with 2339 viewsGavTWTD

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:56 - Feb 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Are you saying that you can now see our new avatars because have refreshed and reloaded, restarted the PC and still just get the greyhound.

Yep, I see them. If you're still getting them then clear your cache/temporary Internet files but a refresh should be fine.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:02 - Feb 26 with 2309 viewsLord_Lucan

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 11:58 - Feb 26 by GavTWTD

Yep, I see them. If you're still getting them then clear your cache/temporary Internet files but a refresh should be fine.

Refresh never works for me

If I clear my cache (I'll google it) do I then lose all my automatic password thingys?

Yours sincerely

A. N. Idiot

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:05 - Feb 26 with 2277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:02 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

If I clear my cache (I'll google it) do I then lose all my automatic password thingys?

Yours sincerely

A. N. Idiot

I Googled how to do it and select just the clearing cache part.

I feel like I am admitting to knowing very little

Oh, and it worked so all good now. Thanks, Gav and Phil.

Strangely, other people's avatars have updated in the past without me doing this but not this time.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 12:06]

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:06 - Feb 26 with 2262 viewsGavTWTD

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:02 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yours sincerely

A. N. Idiot

Deleting cookies, cache, form data and passwords will all be grouped together so just make sure you're only clearing your cache. What browser are you using?

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:08 - Feb 26 with 2237 viewsLord_Lucan

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:06 - Feb 26 by GavTWTD

Deleting cookies, cache, form data and passwords will all be grouped together so just make sure you're only clearing your cache. What browser are you using?

Chrome

Edit - done! Thanks.

I'm quite the whizzkid.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 12:14]

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:15 - Feb 26 with 2187 viewsGavTWTD

I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:08 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Chrome

Edit - done! Thanks.

I'm quite the whizzkid.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 12:14]

This is the process for clearing the cache on Google Chrome on my tablet...

Settings
Privacy and security
Clear browsing data

There are three check boxes. Untick all apart from cached images and files

[Redacted] on 12:42 - Feb 26 with 2097 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
I am starting to get quite annoyed…. on 12:46 - Feb 26 with 2062 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 12:42 - Feb 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I was thinking this morning ,if we had to arm civilians in UK with machine guns, how many would eventually be handed back or kept.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024