Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK 11 games to go 22:21 - Feb 26 with 1258 viewsquirkie

5 Mar 15:00 Fleetwood Town A Draw 1-1
8 Mar 19:45 Lincoln City H Win 1-0
12 Mar 15:00 Portsmouth H Win 2-1
19 Mar 15:00 Oxford United A Lose 1-0
26 Mar 15:00 Plymouth Argyle H Draw 1-1

2 Apr 15:00 Cambridge United H Win 2-0
9 Apr 15:00 Shrewsbury Town A Win 1-0
15 Apr 13:00 Rotherham United A Lose 2-1
18 Apr 15:00 Wigan Athletic H Draw 1-1
23 Apr 15:00 Crewe Alexandra A Win 2-0
30 Apr 15:00 Charlton Athletic H Win 1-0

So 21 pts from 33, leaves us on 74 pts.

That was good enough for Oxford last season to finish 6th albeit on goal difference.

If we don't manage it roll on August for the 4th attempt to get out of the 3rd tier with what will be McKenna's side.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

OK 11 games to go on 22:27 - Feb 26 with 1229 viewsIllinoisblue

That is a tough looking run-in at the best of times. Much tougher when we need to win at least 8 of those games.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

OK 11 games to go on 22:36 - Feb 26 with 1189 viewsjayessess

If we're anticipating that we can't win a single one of our 4 games against sides above us, not even the home game against the weakest of the 4, not sure there's much point making rhe play-offs!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

OK 11 games to go on 22:38 - Feb 26 with 1176 viewsBigCommon

Imo, we need to do something that we haven't managed to do all season.. Win our next 3 on the bounce.. Which is doable.. I know some of our supporters have given up the ghost.. But, as long as our players and manager haven't. Then we can still fight for it.... Win 3 on the bounce, and then we head to Oxford with a spring in out step.
OK 11 games to go on 00:00 - Feb 27 with 1065 viewsquirkie

OK 11 games to go on 22:36 - Feb 26 by jayessess

If we're anticipating that we can't win a single one of our 4 games against sides above us, not even the home game against the weakest of the 4, not sure there's much point making rhe play-offs!

Always our nemesis though isn't it, winning key games against sides above us.

I would so love it if we did nick that 6th spot and come good in the play-offs so McKenna can have a good go in the Championship next season rather than trying to get out of this awful league one.

However being a realistic Ipswich fan, I'm resigned to the fact that we will be in League One with the likes of Forest Green Rovers next August.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

OK 11 games to go on 03:07 - Feb 27 with 958 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

It's a crap shoot you never know what will happen. Our season ends in April also ? What no games in May or anything, kind of surprised with that.

Only Rotherham and Oxford hold any trepidation with me, Portsmouth always get the better of us but this time imagine it'll be different. All other fixtures listed seem well within our grasp to take at least one point from if not victories.

Of course we'll have to rely on those above us slipping up in their respective games if promotion is to be a reality. All things considered and while it's feasible, just imagine promotion may just be out of reach for this season. Pity is, McKenna should have come in earlier.
OK 11 games to go on 07:27 - Feb 27 with 843 viewstextbackup

I personally think we win the next 3
And take 4 points from the Plymouth/Oxford games.

Do that and it sets us up well.

But seriously where are the goals coming from? Unless midfielders score we are stuck.
Norwood looks done (weird because he was on one a few weeks back)
Bonne shot to pieces
Jackson hasn’t got a scoring streak in him
Pigott, lol

Over to Burns Chaplin celina and aluko to fire us to 6th

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

OK 11 games to go on 10:45 - Feb 27 with 655 viewstractorboy1978

OK 11 games to go on 07:27 - Feb 27 by textbackup

I personally think we win the next 3
And take 4 points from the Plymouth/Oxford games.

Do that and it sets us up well.

But seriously where are the goals coming from? Unless midfielders score we are stuck.
Norwood looks done (weird because he was on one a few weeks back)
Bonne shot to pieces
Jackson hasn’t got a scoring streak in him
Pigott, lol

Over to Burns Chaplin celina and aluko to fire us to 6th

Norwood just doesn't fit at all for me. Too chaotic and not good enough with the ball at his feet to play in a McKenna side. Bonne was getting stick yesterday but he offered far more than Norwood and was at least in the right place to miss the chances.

Celina has to start every game for me. He's the match winner and the player capable of creating something from nothing. Surely whatever your game plan is, he plays.
OK 11 games to go on 10:52 - Feb 27 with 633 viewsBLUEBEAT

I think 21 points is attainable but most other teams in the mix have games in hand, so I sadly don’t see 21 points being enough.

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

OK 11 games to go on 11:01 - Feb 27 with 607 viewsbilllm

I have 22 points, leaves us on 75, maybe next year, it's going to be 78 points for 6 place this season,
OK 11 games to go on 13:06 - Feb 27 with 523 viewstractordownsouth

I reckon we'll beat Plymouth but struggle against the other sides above us. Not beyond the realms of possibility that both Rotherham and Wigan will secure promotion against us within a few days of each other.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

OK 11 games to go on 13:14 - Feb 27 with 508 viewsjayessess

OK 11 games to go on 13:06 - Feb 27 by tractordownsouth

I reckon we'll beat Plymouth but struggle against the other sides above us. Not beyond the realms of possibility that both Rotherham and Wigan will secure promotion against us within a few days of each other.

Oxford came to Portman Road to face Paul Cook's Ipswich and spent most of the game on the back foot and time-wasting.

Wigan offered little more than one offside goal, at home to a McGreal team that had capitulated days earlier.

Plymouth played well for no more than 5 minutes either side of half time, against a Cook team in full "shooting itself in the foot" mode.

We're better than we were then. I see absolutely no reason to be scared of these games. I reckon we'll give Rotherham a better game now too.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 13:30]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024