Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson 15:46 - Feb 28 with 1959 viewsN2_Blue

A fair few including myself gave him a hard time based on what we were hearing on his return from Swindon with regards to contract and seemingly very unhappy at how things had panned out.

If it is contract relayed i think its a real shame if he's decided his future isn't with us But fair play to him, he's clearly getting his head down and delivering for the U23s with a few goals. He can't really do any more than that.

Obviously a few goals don't give any idea of his performances but on the assumption that he's played well and looking sharp i really hope he he gets a chance with the first team between now and end of season. He is the only striker on our books managing to hit the back of the net currently.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tyreece Simpson on 16:53 - Feb 28 with 1771 viewsBobsthename

I agree our only striker who seems to have a little form atm.
Tyreece Simpson on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 1717 viewsmarkchips

Tyreece Simpson on 16:53 - Feb 28 by Bobsthename

I agree our only striker who seems to have a little form atm.

I agree too. Could do worse than start him and see how he does for a half. If he tires then we can fall back on the tried and trusted bash brothers.
Tyreece Simpson on 18:19 - Feb 28 with 1579 viewsjayessess

Not saying we shouldn't, but promoting him isn't without its risks.

First Risk is that we've worked out a pattern of play that is enabling us to dominate the ball and create good chances. Putting a total rookie in might disrupt those patterns both in and out of possession.

Second risk, if it doesn't work out we'll need to go back to one of the other 4. One of whom talked recently about how important McKenna's faith had been to him, another two looked fcked for confidence right now. I don't imagine being leapfrogged for a kid with 10 goals in League 2 will do a lot for any of those 3.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tyreece Simpson on 18:25 - Feb 28 with 1558 viewsBobsthename

Tyreece Simpson on 18:19 - Feb 28 by jayessess

First Risk is that we've worked out a pattern of play that is enabling us to dominate the ball and create good chances. Putting a total rookie in might disrupt those patterns both in and out of possession.

Second risk, if it doesn't work out we'll need to go back to one of the other 4. One of whom talked recently about how important McKenna's faith had been to him, another two looked fcked for confidence right now. I don't imagine being leapfrogged for a kid with 10 goals in League 2 will do a lot for any of those 3.

11 goals in half a season not bad for a rookie by any standards .I don’t think it’s a risk worst to go wrong would be him having a bad game ,all our strikers are guilty of that at the moment.
Tyreece Simpson on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 1546 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tyreece Simpson on 18:19 - Feb 28 by jayessess

But it's up to them to ensure we don't look at a kid who scored goals in league 2

End of the day. We need goals and if our first team strikers aren't doing it then absolutely we should be trying Simpson.. if not what's the point of our academy. When do they get called up if not during a terrible return of goals from our attackers.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tyreece Simpson on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 1431 viewsdirtyboy

Tyreece Simpson on 18:30 - Feb 28 by FrimleyBlue

But it's up to them to ensure we don't look at a kid who scored goals in league 2

End of the day. We need goals and if our first team strikers aren't doing it then absolutely we should be trying Simpson.. if not what's the point of our academy. When do they get called up if not during a terrible return of goals from our attackers.

'absolutely'

really?
Tyreece Simpson on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 1406 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tyreece Simpson on 19:14 - Feb 28 by dirtyboy

'absolutely'

really?

Really what?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tyreece Simpson on 19:18 - Feb 28 with 1406 viewsxrayspecs

I am sure McKenna knows what he is doing.

Freddie Sears and Aaron Drinan have scored as many goals in League 2 this season as Simpson. They too are also not the answer.
Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson on 20:04 - Feb 28 with 1266 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is in his own interests to play well wherever he is but this may also testament to the man-management skills of Dyer who helped Norwood get his head down.

I do hope we get to see something of Simpson at first team level before the end of the season and, if McKenna likes what we see, that we can sort out a contract too. If not, then I guess he will be looking at Swindon in the summer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyreece Simpson on 20:39 - Feb 28 with 1194 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Nothing to lose getting him on the bench for a sub appearance and see how he gets on.

If he wants out it’s in his interest to put in a performance - shop window and all that.
Tyreece Simpson on 02:12 - Mar 1 with 952 viewsBigCommon

Tyreece Simpson on 20:39 - Feb 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Nothing to lose getting him on the bench for a sub appearance and see how he gets on.

If he wants out it’s in his interest to put in a performance - shop window and all that.

Loads to lose, imo.... Screw the heads of our first choice strikers.. And give a kid more leverage in any contract discussions.... Make KM look like he's "panic managing"....
So Simpson scored in his last two U23 games. Whoopeee... How many did he miss? How fit was he looking in those games? How many off sides? What's his attitude like atm? What was his touch like? What was his movement like?....
It was a very strong 23's side, with the likes of El Miz and KVY in the last match. And the score line suggests it was a bit of a stroll.. Not an ideal yard stick, imo...
Tyreece Simpson on 08:34 - Mar 1 with 742 viewsitfcjoe

I think maybe fans should be a little less judgemental on young boys when we know next to nothing about the situation - and often what we do know is info released from a big corporate machine with a PR department in it's own best interests

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024