Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) 09:53 - Mar 1 with 1377 viewsDeano69

Winable
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 9:53]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 09:56 - Mar 1 with 1337 viewsPinewoodblue

Would have been a good away trip as Hammers play home games at Daggers stadium. Think attendance record is still our FA Cup game back in the day.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 09:57 - Mar 1 with 1338 viewsFreddies_Ears

1-in-100 shot. They are an established, full-time pro side, and will expect to beat us very comfortably.
ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 09:58 - Mar 1 with 1326 viewsTractorCam

Would be a huge upset, the only real winnable side would have been Coventry. But you never know, will be a great occasion nonetheless.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 10:08 - Mar 1 with 1272 viewsFPL_Tractor

It would be a huge upset. The WSL sides are a huge step up from the Championship and whilst Town are obviously a very good 3rd tier side it's difficult to judge where they'd finish in the Championship. WSL sides are established professional set ups (with the exception of promoted Leicester who only went fully pro in the summer I think). But it'll be a great day for the club and the longer it goes goalless the more nervous the Hammers will get.

I wanted Arsenal, Man C, Chelsea or Coventry (in that order). West Ham probably 5th choice.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 10:08]

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 10:14 - Mar 1 with 1243 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 09:57 - Mar 1 by Freddies_Ears

1-in-100 shot. They are an established, full-time pro side, and will expect to beat us very comfortably.

I think 1 in 100 understates it, home advantage etc, and sure bookies won't be offering odds anything like that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 10:18 - Mar 1 with 1232 viewsSomethingBlue

Good tie, big underdogs but you never know. It's a good shout to be on TV I think. Hopefully Felixstowe is packed out too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 10:21 - Mar 1 with 1217 viewsDeano69

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 09:57 - Mar 1 by Freddies_Ears

My glass remains half full...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 12:59 - Mar 1 with 968 viewsBlueyandCrazy

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 10:14 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

I think 1 in 100 understates it, home advantage etc, and sure bookies won't be offering odds anything like that

25/1 or 30/1 would be fair.
ITFC women are at the top of tier 3 but their is a huge gap to an established super league club, bigger than in the mens game, given that ITFC women still significantly semi-pro themselves.

Having said that ITFC women compete with these teams well at academy level (and most of our team are young) so the comparison is also similar to a (mostly) U21 team taking on a top tier team.

Game should be and needs to be at the Goldstar for reasons stated elsewhere. I'm sure there will be opportunities in the future to have a showcase game at PR - probably a league game, maybe a double header next season with the mens team.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 13:36 - Mar 1 with 908 viewsFPL_Tractor

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 12:59 - Mar 1 by BlueyandCrazy

25/1 or 30/1 would be fair.
ITFC women are at the top of tier 3 but their is a huge gap to an established super league club, bigger than in the mens game, given that ITFC women still significantly semi-pro themselves.

Having said that ITFC women compete with these teams well at academy level (and most of our team are young) so the comparison is also similar to a (mostly) U21 team taking on a top tier team.

Game should be and needs to be at the Goldstar for reasons stated elsewhere. I'm sure there will be opportunities in the future to have a showcase game at PR - probably a league game, maybe a double header next season with the mens team.

Agree with this last point, the Goldstar should stage this game. If it was Arsenal or Chelsea I might have been persuadable that it should be switched.

Ashton talked about sorting the pitch before they could consider Women's games at PR. I think if they get promoted there are some opponents worthy of a showcase game.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 14:52 - Mar 1 with 830 viewsWitherspoon123

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 13:36 - Mar 1 by FPL_Tractor

Agree with this last point, the Goldstar should stage this game. If it was Arsenal or Chelsea I might have been persuadable that it should be switched.

Ashton talked about sorting the pitch before they could consider Women's games at PR. I think if they get promoted there are some opponents worthy of a showcase game.

if anything, felixstowe and walton united have done a lot to raise the profile of this team, with its excellent facilities and staff plus volunteers, so deserve to host
ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 15:14 - Mar 1 with 803 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 14:52 - Mar 1 by Witherspoon123

if anything, felixstowe and walton united have done a lot to raise the profile of this team, with its excellent facilities and staff plus volunteers, so deserve to host

Yep, they've fully embraced the team and deserve this opportunity

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 16:59 - Mar 1 with 679 viewsFreddies_Ears

ITFC Women v West Ham in FA Cup - at home (n/t) on 15:14 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Yep, they've fully embraced the team and deserve this opportunity

Absolutely. Felixstowe has been a great place to watch the development of ITFCW over the years. They might want to add some more pop-up bars for the QF...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024