Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) 18:20 - Mar 1 with 1207 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 18:42 - Mar 1 with 1165 viewsMullet

Absolute piss take isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 18:49 - Mar 1 with 1151 viewsMattinLondon

Personally, I think that MPs are underpaid. I’d give them a much higher ‘basic’ salary but get rid of a lot of their expenses.
MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 18:58 - Mar 1 with 1134 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

And not to forget they’ll avoid any inflationary pressures as any expenses are kindly picked up by the tax payer.

Nice work if you can get it…
MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 19:21 - Mar 1 with 1083 viewsWD19

A real terms pay cut then.

Not that anyone will call it that because mature debate on such topics is practically impossible.
MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 19:27 - Mar 1 with 1067 viewsmutters

Shocking but they don't vote for it themselves like they used to do. It's done by an independent body who makes these recommendations.

I am not even sure if they are allowed to reject it.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:24 - Mar 1 with 975 viewsJ2BLUE

Meh, who cares? The real crime is the NHS and other key workers didn't get the pay rise they deserved.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:27 - Mar 1 with 967 viewsmutters

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:24 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Meh, who cares? The real crime is the NHS and other key workers didn't get the pay rise they deserved.

Absolutely this.

What a bonkers society we live in these days

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:37 - Mar 1 with 942 viewscinnamonITFC

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 18:49 - Mar 1 by MattinLondon

Personally, I think that MPs are underpaid. I’d give them a much higher ‘basic’ salary but get rid of a lot of their expenses.

Completely agree with this.
Very much think they are underpaid considering they are representing an entire constituency at the height of UK politics.
Annoys me when people say otherwise, it’s a damn hard job! Not sure I would want that responsibility - and half the country hating me whatever I do - for £84000!
People are just annoyed that they’re not paid more - which depending on the job may be a fair point, but is different to the question of whether MPs are paid enough.
Login to get fewer ads

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:38 - Mar 1 with 941 viewsazuremerlangus

Good day to bury bad news?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:53 - Mar 1 with 903 viewsCoastalblue

Agree, but I'd also cut down on the number of them, personally I don't think we need so many.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:56 - Mar 1 with 887 viewsBlueBadger

I'd add in subsidised accommodation in London for those living further out than 'reasonable commuting distance' and travel for those that DO.
Surely there's a couple of Boris' Russian chums who've got enough property going spare to make room?

Anyone who wants to make their own arrangements can fund it themselves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 21:15 - Mar 1 with 860 viewsVic

Pretty much half the rate of inflation. It’s expected that the average wage increase this year will be 3%.

Not much to see here

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 21:46 - Mar 1 with 829 viewsMattinLondon

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:56 - Mar 1 by BlueBadger

I'd add in subsidised accommodation in London for those living further out than 'reasonable commuting distance' and travel for those that DO.
Surely there's a couple of Boris' Russian chums who've got enough property going spare to make room?

Anyone who wants to make their own arrangements can fund it themselves.

Completely agree.
MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 21:48 - Mar 1 with 825 viewsDanTheMan

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 20:37 - Mar 1 by cinnamonITFC

Completely agree with this.
Very much think they are underpaid considering they are representing an entire constituency at the height of UK politics.
Annoys me when people say otherwise, it’s a damn hard job! Not sure I would want that responsibility - and half the country hating me whatever I do - for £84000!
People are just annoyed that they’re not paid more - which depending on the job may be a fair point, but is different to the question of whether MPs are paid enough.

People do way worse jobs for minimum wage.

You're right that it shouldn't be a race to the bottom, but the 84k is the base. Then there's all the expenses and all the perks on top.

As others have said I'd be OK with them getting more if you remove all the stupid perks they're allowed and definitely if they get rid of the second jobs they somehow manage to do whilst doing apparently a very difficult job.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 778 viewsDarth_Koont

Totally deserved.

They’re doing a grrrrreat job.

Pronouns: He/Him

MPs get a 2.7% pay increase then (n/t) on 10:53 - Mar 2 with 675 viewsTractorWood

Inflation is 7% and some graduate jobs in London start on more than MPs. This debate always gets lost between emotion and reality.

Tube drivers are striking and they start on £55k.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 10:54]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024